Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
White stuff on the ground overnight, lots more predicted today slightly further west.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
White stuff on the ground overnight, lots more predicted today slightly further west.
I'm going to romp around in the snow on my "bike" in GGCP around mid day. No Strava glory shall be found.

Update: Looked outside. Shall not haul out bike and suffer in cold and wind, but I shall traipse over to Edwards Meats and pick up a few ribeyes.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went out to dinner with the wife. Saw people in costume at the bar, then realized they were dressed up for Rocky horror. My wife didnt know what was going on, come to find out she'd never been to a proper showing of Rocky Horror. The movie theater playing it was across the street, so off we went. I hadn't been to one in years, it was a good time. The people dressed up and acting did a good job. Plus the movie theater serves beer.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yesterday was good. While my wife took the oldest boy for his dryland training for his xc ski team, I was able to do a few chores and work on some bikes. Then I went riding with my youngest. Started with a trail ride at some local trails. The forest was beautiful with fall foliage in full force. Then we headed to the new pump track that just opened a couple of weeks ago. It was really cool. There was lots of people,but I still managed to ride as much as I could handle.

I learned today that i have to teach my boy about brake modulation. He has discs, and twice yesterday he had some pretty massive OTB moments. First one was going down a "rock garden". He started picking up speed, so I shouted to use his brakes. He flipped right over. Ooops. Then, as we left pump track, we had to go down a big hill (it's big enough to be used as a bunny hill in the winter). Again, as he picked up speed, he grabbed a fistful of front brake and flew down the hill. Not a great way to end the day.

On a side note, I really like my Kona Humu. I've used it for commuting, with a kid seat, and hauling a trailer. I put knobbies on it, and have done a few early season trail rides, rides with the boys, and now pump track and dirt jumps! The thing is so versatile.

Today should be good too. I'm chilling at one of those indoor playgrounds now while my boy hangs out with one of his school buddies. After that, I will go for a ride, and for dinner my oldest wants to have Indian take-out for his birthday dinner. Winning!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Went out to dinner with the wife. Saw people in costume at the bar, then realized they were dressed up for Rocky horror. My wife didnt know what was going on, come to find out she'd never been to a proper showing of Rocky Horror. The movie theater playing it was across the street, so off we went. I hadn't been to one in years, it was a good time. The people dressed up and acting did a good job. Plus the movie theater serves beer.
My wife has never been. There have been several discussions about getting her into a showing but we've just never been able to make it work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sigh.

One of our puppets hurt herself good chasing squirrels yesterday in the woods. She wont put weight on it and cries when she tries to use it. I think its muscle related as shes been gimpy on a few occasions, but never to this degree.

:(

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode early with next door buddy. 39F when we started and it didn't get much warmer when we finished. What gloves to wear was a hard decision and my hands were cold almost the entire ride.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Small wins are nice: When I dropped off the Land Cruiser for its winter tire/wheel swapover (free at Discount Tire since they're mounted, save for my time) the TPMS light was on. I asked them to check the tire pressures including the spare.

The light was still on when I picked it up and the dude muttered something about the TPMS sensors* on the winter wheelset having dead batteries. I suspected they hadn't checked the spare.

So this morning I awkwardly crawled under the Land Cruiser and hooked my new inflator up to the spare and it was showing 23.5 psi. There ya go. TPMS light now off after topping that off.

* for the pedants "TPMS sensor" isn't redundant a la VIN number, RIP in peace, etc. The S in the acronym is for System, not Sensor.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dinan rear sway installed onto M. Can go get it badged sometime this week. Planning on changing the fuel pumps today as well, but torqued my shoulder really bad because of the weird angles and it hurts like hell now. Maybe next weekend now because this is a consistent 6/10 hurt level now.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
as seen on CL:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Dinan rear sway installed onto M. Can go get it badged sometime this week. Planning on changing the fuel pumps today as well, but torqued my shoulder really bad because of the weird angles and it hurts like hell now. Maybe next weekend now because this is a consistent 6/10 hurt level now.
You over 50 yet?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wind just knocked the power out with 20 minutes left of the football game I was watching :(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here. feel shitty today. No ride nor spin for me. Just vidya, leaf blowing, and raslin with the kids.

reaching out to references is weird. It's like OTPHJ that may or may not get to third base. "yeah, I MAY get that offer...or not...but let's have an awkward moment anyways"

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Better than Hendricks?
Sorta. Less Hendricks than Hendricks. Smooth and subtle. Not a ton of juniper or cucumber or herbals or other stuff. Like a vodka that hangs around with gin.

Also grabbed a bottle of Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz. Haven’t opened it. It’s gin aged in Shiraz barrels for color and flavor.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sorta. Less Hendricks than Hendricks. Smooth and subtle. Not a ton of juniper or cucumber or herbals or other stuff. Like a vodka that hangs around with gin.

Also grabbed a bottle of Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz. Haven’t opened it. It’s gin aged in Shiraz barrels for color and flavor.
Hmmm......

Intrigued on both counts.