Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sitting by fire with an Irish coffee.
Gonna take dog romping through woods in a bit.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Move a big old shrub (Kolkwitzia Amabilis) and clean out some flowers growing in some new lawn. Digging is my new workout. Good to take over an old house and garden that has been neglected for years with tons of project.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Heading out to practice social distancing in the woods, with weight. Trekking poles may prove more useful than originally thought. Keep the mouth breathers at a distance. Back, back, toilet paper hoarder, you’re not getting my stash.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in these paranoid times....tip generously....if you dine out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got keys to the place and moved some of the bikes. The fat and cross bike made loading the truck a little interesting. How the heck do you guys do this with the pedals on the bikes?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had to go to the Camp today. The walk up the hill was a struggle. Neighbors kid has been rooting through our stuff again. We warned him via the State Police to stay off our property. I pressed charges as he hasn't made any payments towards his Court ordered restitution or repaired any of the damage from last year. He is on Probation from last year. He is 18 now. The Burglary charge alone might get him some prison time. His Dad might be charged with Possession of stolen property if he doesn't give us our stuff back. He stole our Party Tent and set it up in his yard?? Our wheel barrow is leaning against our firewood in his driveway. Our Water tank is in the back of his Pickup truck. Our Porta Potty is in his backyard. His "friends" Kubota was stuck in the mud over 400' onto our property. I rescued it and dragged it to our clearing. He will be arrested if he trespasses to retrieve it. Idiot left the key in it. Trooper Dave let him know I am well within my rights to keep it and that he has access to our Game Cameras. I have the key.... I completely enclosed our property line in 2000' of fresh barbed wire and put up new no trespassing signs. We had enough to completely wrap the posts in wire so they can't be pushed over. The Trooper gave Dad a ticket for his Dog also. Mom walked up the hill to talk this over. I told Trooper Dave I had no interest in discussing anything with her before he left. I asked her to leave twice. The third time I cocked my gun and pointed it at her. She left after that. Bought Trooper Dave lunch. Home now. Bill Grays...

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I rode yesterday with the kiddo-first pedal on the Canfield frame and parts I got from StiHacka...holy crap wow, that thing is capable. Even with the old 7" 888 works up front and my own wheels on it, lol.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh. Social distancing apparently means invading the state parks and clogging up the trails with groups of people of ten+, preferably with unruly kids. Basic trail etiquette is apparently for boomers only, too.
Rode a little, went down hard when a pair of fucking assholes camped at the only dirt jump in the woods and I had to take a sub-optimal trajectory around them. Tits-hard side knobs of a fucking Schwalbe front tire did not help either. :banghead: How do these things rot so quickly?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ugh. Social distancing apparently means invading the state parks and clogging up the trails with groups of people of ten+, preferably with unruly kids. Basic trail etiquette is apparently for boomers only, too.
Rode a little, went down hard when a pair of fucking assholes camped at the only dirt jump in the woods and I had to take a sub-optimal trajectory around them. Tits-hard side knobs of a fucking Schwalbe front tire did not help either. :banghead: How do these things rot so quickly?
Trails were primo when I went at 730. Didnt run into a single soul until I was in the parking lot ready to leave.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Same here. But I saw the shit show before I even got to that trailhead and turned around for home.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Should be running a Wild Rock'R2. ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Where did you ride? I am hoping for better experience tomorrow. #wfhperks
F. Gilbert Hills in Foxborough, so a bit of a haul for you. I had only been there once, over 10 years ago, so this was a route finding mission more than anything. Trails were quite chunky and au natural.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
F. Gilbert Hills in Foxborough, so a bit of a haul for you. I had only been there once, over 10 years ago, so this was a route finding mission more than anything. Trails were quite chunky and au natural.
I have some fond memories of "Foxboro". My initiation ride into mountain biking by a friend back in 2011. Having my ass kicked by guys two times my age sucked.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
received tsa pre check number....

hoping for airline industry to use it with by june.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Same thing here. Must have passed close to 50 people in large groups before I got far enough out then had some solitude.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went and goofed around at local trails. good digging and nice jumps going on out there. great weather. crackmad still hanging in there until the rid egg arrives...s'posed to be the mythical "2 weeks" now according to well placed sources.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I went for a hike at Brushy peak. Got a reminder of just how sticky and slimey the clay soils are. I spent 10 minutes on each boot with a scraper just to put them in the trunk. It took 15 minutes with a high pressure nozzle on the hose at home to wash all the goo off. This i why I don't ride dirt around here in the wet season

Last edited: