Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Car threw a CEL and code yesterday, identified as a Honda code P2413 for the EGR valve. Hopefully I can just clean the valve (cleaning passages :no:) and connector, reset, and be good to go.

Otherwise, perhaps a nice long walk is on tap for today.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fall weather in april is alright by me....

listening to this....cultivating navel lint...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey has a sinus infection, so she's ready to die. Another person is coming by to look at the M today.

Ran our retirement plan analysis yesterday and our FTS target of 60 is back on the table if I can find $1k/m to save. Going through the budget now to see where we can get rid of stuff. COVID has done a really good job of scrubbing "extra" crap out of our expenses, so we can easily see where things can go away.

I highly recommend that you guys do the same thing right now as well. Unnecessary spending has been effectively pulled out of everybody's expenses right now, so you have really great transparency into your actual expenses. Mint, CountAbout, and You Need a Budget are great budgeting tools. Personal Capital (don't sign up, use the free tools), most employer retirement plans, most companies like Schwab, Fidelity, etc all have free retirement planning tools too. The retirement planning stuff will often give you investment advice, even without paying for it if you're willing to put the work in. Otherwise, fees for investment management should never be above 1%, EVER. And you definitely should never be paying any kind of front- or back-end loads.

*edited a word

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'll probably take the road bike out
Trails are in primo shape, what's wrong with you? :disgust1: Btw. did you pick your new bike, yet?

Morning! Late breakfast with bacon, eggs and avocados. Nice weather -> hoping for a ride this evening. Might have to take a Silky with me to start cutting down some of the downed trees.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I want to ride. I have time to ride. Weather is perfect to ride. BUT...

Last Sunday there were 21 cars parked at the trailhead to our semi-legal trails. Onward with the Great Culling.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just lol'd. The second owner of the M just showed up in the auction q&a thread.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
our FTS target of 60 is back on the table if I can find $1k/m to save
I can make my post-FICA-cap monthly budget just about balance if I axe 529 contributions. So 529 contributions have been duly axed in this era of uncertain (any?) bonuses.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can make my post-FICA-cap monthly budget just about balance if I axe 529 contributions. So 529 contributions have been duly axed in this era of uncertain (any?) bonuses.
Just tell the kids more bootstraps required.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Just tell the kids more bootstraps required.
If I pull the trigger and we emigrate to NZ in a few years then those existing 529 contributions will be for naught, as schooling is free there, right?

:thinks:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Chainsawd a bunch of downfall and some old scrap wood that had been sitting around. Trying to clean up the yard. Getting the tractor out now for the season.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If I pull the trigger and we emigrate to NZ in a few years then those existing 529 contributions will be for naught, as schooling is free there, right?

so you have no faith in joe winning i see....

would this be permenant?

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
so you have no faith in joe winning i see....

would this be permenant?
If I did it it would be permanent.

Still need some more US-pay years for various debts so not a 2021 thing.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Damn people with transferable skills

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
NZ was on the shortlist of places around the world S and I considered before we ended up where we are.

Two weeks hitting both islands with our bikes as we checked out the cities was a great trip.