Quantcast

@#@ Sunderp GMT @#@

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Slept like shit, again. 6th time in 7 days. Oh well.

Time to ride.

4am wft oh yeah Coffee, grub, then drive two hours to the lake to do some Kayak fishing. Park gates open at 7am
You targeting trout? Was contemplating upgrading my bass reel and was waffling between a Shimano and Abu Garcia, hoping to find some testimony.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kids bday was a success with the exception that my son decided to see how hot a sparkler was by touching it. Thankfully had ice nearby. Once he stopped crying, "I'm not making that mistake again"

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bikes shall be ridden again today, looks like the daily t-storms start at 1pm'ish so I guess we better make plans.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sat at beach for an hour as part of epic morning dog walk.
Will return with beers this afternoon.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkeys! Yesterday took a 20 mile recovery ride, up to 460 miles for May. More than I have ridden in a single month in 15 years. Its still addictive. Today I am going to swap the sprockets on the Serotta from 11/23 to 13/26 - pushing the 11/23 with a 42/53 up anything over 5 or 6% burns me out too fast. I can't maintain an efficient spin and have to stand. I plan on a few more recovery mile today and will reward myself with some dirt tomorrow. Going to ride the CTD near Butte with @Montana rider Wednesday.

Recieved my cadence sensor yesterday but not smart enough to connect it, hoping its just a dead battery.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got a ride in yesterday, worked on the shelf I'm building for my desk plants (just needs a final sanding and lacquer) and also fabricobbled together a stand to hold our decrepit box fan up high enough to actually draw air through the screen door.

My buddy and I Jerry-rigged a router sled together to carve out a notch on the bottom of the shelf for one of the legs. The piece of persimmon is really tater-chipped at one end, badly enough that we couldn't plane it out.

IMG_1057.jpg

Also, it gives the shelf a cool unique look. Not the greatest picture, but you can see the curved bit on the right hand side.

IMG_1067.jpg

Super janky fan stand...

IMG_1068.jpg

What I am even talking about? This thing is skookum as frig.

IMG_1069.jpg

Doing some framing and build out on the new race car shop today, probably sand and lacquer that shelf, maybe have a bike ride later, and generally get ready to go camping for a coupletree days starting tomorrow.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Got a ride in yesterday, worked on the shelf I'm building for my desk plants (just needs a final sanding and lacquer) and also fabricobbled together a stand to hold our decrepit box fan up high enough to actually draw air through the screen door.

My buddy and I Jerry-rigged a router sled together to carve out a notch on the bottom of the shelf for one of the legs. The piece of persimmon is really tater-chipped at one end, badly enough that we couldn't plane it out.

View attachment 145873

Also, it gives the shelf a cool unique look. Not the greatest picture, but you can see the curved bit on the right hand side.

View attachment 145874

Super janky fan stand...

View attachment 145875

View attachment 145876

Doing some framing and build out on the new race car shop today, probably sand and lacquer that shelf, maybe have a bike ride later, and generally get ready to go camping for a coupletree days starting tomorrow.
Given your wardrobe the fact your shelf is cracked was inevitable.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

View attachment 145873

View attachment 145874

Super janky fan stand...

View attachment 145875

View attachment 145876

Could fill in the cracks/gaps with a small epoxy pour. Route it after for smoothness.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Given your wardrobe the fact your shelf is cracked was inevitable.
Referring to the Pole t-shirt? That's my buddy Mike... his woodshop and router and such. Also... not sure if making fun or... ?

Could fill in the cracks/gaps with a small epoxy pour. Route it after for smoothness.
There's really just one big-ass "crack" and really it's a crotch, I think. There's bark in there, so I assume it's where a branch was formed or something. I have considered dumping epoxy in there to make sure it's sealed and whatnot. Not sure I will, though. The split doesn't go all the way through the piece, so it's pretty stable. And right where the split is, is where the shelf curves downward towards the front. There's plenty of flat surface behind the split to hold a plant or two, so I'm really not too worried about it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had an excellent ride with wifey, local loop from our house is a 1500ft descent to start and then climb back up. The trailhead halfway back up the climb was so damn busy we elected to ride on the road for a chunk and then ducked back onto the trails to avoid the hoards.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Amen.

From my Facespace, a tame anecdote of mine wrt this dynamic:

I had my own experience with abuse of power back in undergrad. CBP detained me at Logan Airport for a few hours upon returning from overseas, their agents unwilling or unable to comprehend why I'd be traveling (as a ringer for MITSO) with an MIT group when my ID and story both said I was from Harvard.

There was no implicit violence, just them being assholes for the sake of being assholes, keeping me in a room by myself _because they held the keys_. Despite this this was a frustrating and infuriating experience.

Now project this out to the nation, where if one's of the perceived wrong color for a situation in the eyes of the local police then such abuse is apparently routine, only with the much more explicit threat of violence. On top of this there's the specter of unjust detention, false charges, fabricated police reports, even planted drugs outright if especially unlucky in the NYPD draw, all things that are much more of a real threat when one doesn't have the money to afford anything above the overworked public defender.

This imbalanced, abused power dynamic is what underlies this ultimately, and through my own tame experience I feel that I can relate.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just finished a great ride. Legs are tired. Need a beer and a chair, preferably of the lawn type.

Got up at 6 this morning to water the lawn. There I was, half asleep addressing a kink in the hose, when the fucker split open and blasted me right in the face. Lol'd hard, but the urge to punt the sprinkler down the street almost overcame my being.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The National Guard is using the Park by my House for a staging Area. Even with the windows closed we got gassed out. No damage to my house or Car. Had some Kids enter our alley after the shit hit the fan. Mr 12 gauge let them know they were not welcome. CVS is all boarded up. Kind of scary. We are better prepared for tonight.