Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
High humidity and two days of yardwork in said humidity drained my motivation to get up and ride. Got an extra 2 hours of sleep instead.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
So how bad would I screw up my "tennis elbow" if I went for a really mild trail ride - like I'm talking flat green stacked loops with the odd log over and some roots for tech?

Been over two weeks since I have been on two wheels and I'm seriously jonesing.

:mad:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey LOL LMAO! :sarcastic:

I ran 21 miles this morning. A nice and easy 7:35 pace. I'm going to hit the fancy grocery store now, depleted and hungry, to see what kind of damage I can do.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So how bad would I screw up my "tennis elbow" if I went for a really mild trail ride - like I'm talking flat green stacked loops with the odd log over and some roots for tech?

Been over two weeks since I have been on two wheels and I'm seriously jonesing.

:mad:
Don’t do it !

It sucks, but the more you rest it the sooner you can get back to real riding.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thankfully Washington has largely been spared from the wild fires so far this year. Severa days of rain last week will hopefully maintain that situation.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Smoke outside says I probably shouldn't ride...
I plowed through the smoke with a buddy who was on a borrowed e-bike. 3,200 e-assisted vert, enough to wear me out and discharge the 504 Wh pack completely, respectively. I’d have to bring both packs along and swap to cope with your daily rides. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
4 mile hike with the family, Hannah in the pack, 900' elevation from 7700'. We're all very worn out, including Layla.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
No rides at all the weekend, Bay Area is on fire, so I had a fire sale of my own. Sold a brand new pair of Mavic EX823 rims I've had sitting around for 10 years, Stylo cranks and a set of 29'er wheels. Good times!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
8 mile trail ride whooped me after not riding for a month. lots of choppy up n down. plus i forgot to put in my contacts before i left so everything was blurry. :rofl:

vegetated around the house this afternoon. wife went to durham to take her mom to cataract surgery tomorrow. so chillin with the boys. had pork scallopine, roasted potatoes, and sauteed okra for dinner ftw.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Amy had a house warming party. Her Mom made Ribs. I wasn't expecting them to be all that good. Beef Ribs and Pork Ribs. Best I ever had. Never been a beef rib fan. All the fixins. Served dry. Didn't lift a finger. Just showed up.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The horse, doggies and us survived 765 miles of driving and made it to Ogalala Nebraska for the night. Drive to salt lake City Utah tomorrow then home..maybe... the SCU lightning fire complex evacuation zone is now less than a mile from my house in Livermore.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I wore my blue shirt today, thank you very much

Raccoon?
Horseshoe. We didn't fuck around with that amateur, "but we have kids with us" shit. Told Haley to bring her ski poles and to fill her Camelback, because she'd probably want them.

But in all seriousness, Racoon is a 2.5 mile loop with 400' elevation; Horseshoe is a 3.6 mile out and back and 900' elevation (but we went a bit further).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The horse, doggies and us survived 765 miles of driving and made it to Ogalala Nebraska for the night. Drive to salt lake City Utah tomorrow then home..maybe... the SCU lightning fire complex evacuation zone is now less than a mile from my house in Livermore.
I'd offer to meet you guys for coffee as you blow through Denver, but you have priorities.

Anybody who can make a run in to get necessary documents, pictures, etc?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Aaand kid barfed on the way to friend's house for dinner. FTMFL

Guess we're in quarantine for the 1st couple weeks of school...
One elementary in DougCo already has all the 6th graders quarantined for 2 weeks. E-learning for HS has been delayed 2 weeks for the district because they don't have enough teachers. And Jeffco has teachers quitting/retiring/taking sabatical at unprecedentedly high rates...
I'm going to lose my bet for the over of 6-weeks before shit gets shut down.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
One elementary in DougCo already has all the 6th graders quarantined for 2 weeks. E-learning for HS has been delayed 2 weeks for the district because they don't have enough teachers. And Jeffco has teachers quitting/retiring/taking sabatical at unprecedentedly high rates...
I'm going to lose my bet for the over of 6-weeks before shit gets shut down.
unless it's a private school (which have fewer kids and more resources, generally) they're all getting shut the fuck down unless the numbers are seriously repressed. kids will spread the hell outta the disease, if not to themselves, then to their teachers. so many (mine included) have no self control. especially kids from middle school on down. even a lot of private school will cave, methinks. give it a week or three. our kids are full remote through 10/15, and I guarantee that it'll be through the new year at least. i've mentally prepared myself for being at home with these two little fuckers for the entire year.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Racoon is a 2.5 mile loop with 400' elevation
When we did Raccoon it turned out to be marked poorly/incorrectly. 2.5 was definitely not true per GPS. We did over 4 miles, iirc.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
unless it's a private school (which have fewer kids and more resources, generally) they're all getting shut the fuck down unless the numbers are seriously repressed. kids will spread the hell outta the disease, if not to themselves, then to their teachers. so many (mine included) have no self control. especially kids from middle school on down. even a lot of private school will cave, methinks. give it a week or three. our kids are full remote through 10/15, and I guarantee that it'll be through the new year at least. i've mentally prepared myself for being at home with these two little fuckers for the entire year.
Yeah. Wifey needs to prepare for it too.

Since the colleges will likely get shut down too, we're tempted to get together with a few other families in our immediate social circle and hire someone to work as their teacher's aide. Keep them working on assignments, handle lunch and snacks, do recess, etc. We've figured that with 3-4 other families (4-5 kids) we can get someone for $30/day per kid. It isn't cheap, but it might be our only option to be able to work and keep the kids doing school from home.

The school district is super against it, because apparently some families are just hiring teachers at $60k/yr rates between a few close family groups to split the costs. Just running the numbers, us and our two closest friend families have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 4 graders. At $60k, that's $200/WK per kid. If we add the next neighbor whose 3rd grader is in Haley's class, then it's $170/kid/wk. It's more than I want to spend (by all of it), but I could at least drop it into a Coverdell to offset some of it for tax purposes as a tutor.

And... Adding to the racial and social division of education by wealth and income...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yeah. wife's talked about the splitting tutors thing...but i recognize we're much better off than most and she and i can both work from home and manage/supervise our 5th/9th grader and mostly get our own shit done. i am not down with paying someone else to babysit if we both have to be here anyway. hell, we did it for 3 months in the spring and it looks like the remote learning will be more intensive/engaging this fall. we'll see how it goes. i'm not gonna stress about our way above average intelligence kids "falling behind." no matter what happens, they have many advantages and they're not.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yeah. wife's talked about the splitting tutors thing...but i recognize we're much better off than most and she and i can both work from home and manage/supervise our 5th/9th grader and mostly get our own shit done. i am not down with paying someone else to babysit if we both have to be here anyway. hell, we did it for 3 months in the spring and it looks like the remote learning will be more intensive/engaging this fall. we'll see how it goes. i'm not gonna stress about our way above average intelligence kids "falling behind." no matter what happens, they have many advantages and they're not.
Haley falls into the same category and without other kids in her same group, we struggle to get her to do more than the normal class. We also have social issues with her when she doesn't get to see other kids beyond our 3 other immediate families.