Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I should leave the cozy confines of the bed sometime, I guess

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode, did a bit of ice riding on the lakes but did not feel confident about the ice thickness. Too bad a crappy storm kills it tomorrow.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Chasing a storm yesterday was The Right Answer™ and was only made mo'bettah by a camp out in the van at 11,000 Freedoms. Waking up to 13º Freedom was a bit chilly, but coffee and hot oatmeal helped. Couple of good shots from yesterday's adventure...

All pics and trip report:
Miles, send the jump!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode the bike again but holy f*** were the trails crowded. At the local DH/slopestyle spot a full session was ongoing, including a cable cam, multiple guys filming and 25-ish riders hitting the jumps, sometimes in trains of 5+. How that was not against the rules is beyond me. Did ride the smaller lines on the sides that had less traffic and fewer people.
Guy on YT ebike rode the hill up multiple times with the dropper in the lowest position possible with no effort whatsoever. Sure ebikes are just like a regular bikes. :rolleyes: His knees must have been f***ed this evening....or maybe not?:banghead:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Guy on YT ebike rode the hill up multiple times with the dropper in the lowest position possible with no effort whatsoever. Sure ebikes are just like a regular bikes. :rolleyes:
Hey, he was likely elderly or having some heart condition, or being able to do 40+ miles in the wilderness, give him a break. :rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slept like crap. Possibly because full of cheese and beer. Almost said fuck it and stayed in bed, but forced myself out for a ride which wound up being the right decision. Trails were frozen and mostly empty, and had a good ride. Made a stop for potatoes on the way home, grocery store happened to still have Victory winter cheer, I thought it was sold out everywhere. So score there. Have stacked a sufficient amount of firewood for impending snowpocalypse, first flakes came down while I was stacking. Forecast is now 13-17". I'll believe it when I see it. Bird feeders refilled. Now a shower, then perhaps a brisket cheesesteak and beer for lunch.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Hey, he was likely elderly or having some heart condition, or being able to do 40+ miles in the wilderness, give him a break. :rolleyes:
Those viking genes make the Danes look like 25 when they in reality are 80. ;) The ebike also nearly rides itself as it alows this elderly to hit the road gap I posted a pic of a couple of weeks ago. :rolleyes:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a super late breakfast. Now to decide what to do; do something and go outside and freeze my balls off or stay inside, relax and enjoy a beer? Hmmmm.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Slept like crap. Possibly because full of cheese and beer. Almost said fuck it and stayed in bed, but forced myself out for a ride which wound up being the right decision. Trails were frozen and mostly empty, and had a good ride. Made a stop for potatoes on the way home, grocery store happened to still have Victory winter cheer, I thought it was sold out everywhere. So score there. Have stacked a sufficient amount of firewood for impending snowpocalypse, first flakes came down while I was stacking. Forecast is now 13-17". I'll believe it when I see it. Bird feeders refilled. Now a shower, then perhaps a brisket cheesesteak and beer for lunch.
Always Ride™

858F7597-FEFC-49B0-89C7-57CE9258FF70.jpeg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Heading out to meet up with a few friends to ride, then do a backyard fire pit all spread out safely for beers and takeout. This is the conversation that ensued as we were getting in the car:

Me: “How many beers are we bringing?”

Financée: “Forty!”

Perfect.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Heading out to meet up with a few friends to ride, then do a backyard fire pit all spread out safely for beers and takeout. This is the conversation that ensued as we were getting in the car:

Me: “How many beers are we bringing?”

Financée: “Forty!”

Perfect.
As someone who finds himself far too often in the metaphoric winter season after 27ish years of couple-dom, your springtime passion warms the cockles of my heart...

1612123503263.png

1612123539533.png

1612123571414.png

Last edited: