Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee on the porch. continuing prep for new floors. although it's a pain to pack all the shit up we are pruning a lot, which is great. then over to work to give a talk. need to effing ride sometime soon. going to try to get 2 local ones in per week so i have a tiny bit of baseline for the hills.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh man, that would suck to lose the redwoods. On my bucket list of things to see out west.
We had a big fire roar through Big Basin State park last year. It took out some of the redwoods but most of them survived. Same with Sequoia National Park when I was there last they had some fires roar through. And yes they lost some of the tress but most survived. If you look at the trunks of the big trees most are fire scarred
1015161208_zpsutbhmxwp.jpg
IMG_20161016_110548171_Fotor_zpshhpcbz9s.jpg
IMG_20161016_125145368_HDR_Fotor_zps274pvs7s.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
America wins first XC WC in almost 30 years!

Spend the weekend trying to clean some of the basement that may have asbestos. Of course wore mask that is made to protect and only for a short time. Will know more about it all tomorrow so we can hopefully get the heating system hooked up again. First time renovating a basement and it has not turned into the smoothest project.

Collarbone is going a lot better and it actually felt better doing some work this weekend which is a good change. I had thought about doing a ride but since I am going to the NYC in two week not really worth trying to get in shape so I did some weed control and tree shaping in the garden.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Worked a bunch more on my paper revision, some of that time outside in the sun. Hopefully all done with that.

Now practicing some trumpet and going to hop on the Peloton for an easy spin soon.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode with mi esposa today. First ride in almost two weeks, after being at sea level for a week and a half. Short-ish at 14 miles / 1700’ vert and holy crap I’m spent. Need nap now por favor. It was also our first mountain bike ride together as a married couple, so that’s neat.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
BMX track is now closed due to rain damage. Saw it today after an impromptu decision to go. It's bad. All the paved corners have fissures and the jumps are rutted. It's going to be months before it's fixed.

Got a text from the mom of the kids Haley rode the jump ramp with yesterday that the boys wanted to ride today. Last 2 hours were spent on the jump box. Compress > explode up description worked (hat tip to @Westy) and they all got to the point of pretty consistently landing level. Kids pushing kids, with good coaching is how kids get better.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went for a short ride and got back to the car at dusk. Was a bit worried about the sketchy ass uhaul rental van backed into a corner parking spot at an angle with people obviously living in it. Have had my car vandalized and others broken into there. But everything is fine.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mission accomplished.
32 miles, 5600ft vert, most of it above 10k going across 3 mountain passes. That final downhill is such a good time.
Capture.JPG

20210919_182008.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
BMX track is now closed due to rain damage. Saw it today after an impromptu decision to go. It's bad. All the paved corners have fissures and the jumps are rutted. It's going to be months before it's fixed.

Got a text from the mom of the kids Haley rode the jump ramp with yesterday that the boys wanted to ride today. Last 2 hours were spent on the jump box. Compress > explode up description worked (hat tip to @Westy) and they all got to the point of pretty consistently landing level. Kids pushing kids, with good coaching is how kids get better.
push+pop ftw...just gotta get the timing...you can also push+squash, depending...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
In addition to my racing shit today, it looks like I may have again successfully bled a Foxocchi Bomber CR shock. Revalve again.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
10% isn't a really great number when we're talking about an endangered species.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
10% isn't a really great number when we're talking about an endangered species.

TL;DR:. The news isn't great. :(

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!