Quantcast

^*Sunderp*^

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Cold this morning. Had my office Christmas Dinner last night. No major dramas or people getting drunk, which is the only reason to go to one of these things. Gonna get a ride in today once it warms up somewhat. Gonna try my new TLD enderpo pants out. I’ve never really ridden with pants but the older I get the colder 50 seems. Lol. Be kind out there fellow Monkeys and no poo flinging today.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last day of cold sunny weather as milder rain is heading our way. I was out in the garden cleaning up leaves and snow from the path into the house. I really miss being outside and in the garden this time of the year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Was supposed to goto the girlfriend's parents house for a family Christmas lunch thing today, but she's not feeling great so we're staying home. thank jeebus

Maybe I'll dust off the fat bike today and see if the brakes on it still work?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

Only poo flinging today is down the porcelain throne.
Have the shop heat project finished. Should have done that years ago.
I finished the basement renovation this year and one of the big job was to insulate the floors as you would not insulate the foundation back in 1929. It has made a really big difference in comfort. Growing up on a crappy 1970s house where I you always had cold feet I have always refused to live like that. Heat is good!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Buddy coming over to get the saw later today. Goal is to study all day. Turns out my Windows7 needs to be updated, else my security will be non-existent. Really wasn't planning on spending that $150 this weekend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Fuck this weekend. Happy to be back at work and not underneath some god damned car. I believe I have reached the age and financial independence where from now on I have someone else do that shit. :mad:
good. Now if others could learn this lesson, too

/me shall play some trumpet duets today, ride some Peloton, and do a few more hours of moonlighting, not necessarily in that order. Oh, and pack for Seattle tomorrow

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Lot going on between work, Christmas and the new baby. Cleaning up the leaves in the front yard today, followed by stringing up Christmas lights. I usually do it after Thanksgiving, but my back was trying to kill me, and we had other priorities the weekend after that.

I have nothing else to add, so here's a picture of my baby eating my collar.

thumbnail_IMG_0816.jpg

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Took my daughter on a short bike ride around a parkish area. It was really sweet.

I took a blind shot at a used 27.5 Specialized Pitch XS and she loves being on a bike that fits...going up from the fat tired 24" Cannondale was a big improvement for her current gangly size.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Turns out my Windows7 needs to be updated, else my security will be non-existent. Really wasn't planning on spending that $150 this weekend.
How are you still on W7? Is the update to W10 not free anymore?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Lot going on between work, Christmas and the new baby. Cleaning up the leaves in the front yard today, followed by stringing up Christmas lights. I usually do it after Thanksgiving, but my back was trying to kill me, and we had other priorities the weekend after that.

I have nothing else to add, so here's a picture of my baby eating my collar.

View attachment 186449
I see your neckbeard’fu is strong.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Christmas shit show of eldest kid not sleeping gas begun. already drinking. oh and turns out of daughter has pink eye. which means our son will soon too.

:stosh:
eldest kid already drinking? it's like we live in europe!

doing a few chores around the house; gathering stuff for ski trip; baconing; coffeeing; planning on a quick ride this afternoon...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I finished the basement renovation this year and one of the big job was to insulate the floors as you would not insulate the foundation back in 1929. It has made a really big difference in comfort. Growing up on a crappy 1970s house where I you always had cold feet I have always refused to live like that. Heat is good!
Growing up in our farm with my dad who is a perpetual tight wad. We never had heat in any outbuildings and we would do all of the service work in our aging equipment.
I had planned to install a furnace myself, but 8 years later it still wasn’t done so I paid someone.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not that I could find. I'm also on Professional, which didn't help. I found one for $29, so that's what's installing now.

If it doesn't ask me for the key, I'll go back to the seller tell him he's full of shit and to refund it or I'm going to Amex to resolve. Amex has yet to fail me.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here. Buddy coming over to get the saw later today. Goal is to study all day. Turns out my Windows7 needs to be updated, else my security will be non-existent. Really wasn't planning on spending that $150 this weekend.
Not that I could find. I'm also on Professional, which didn't help. I found one for $29, so that's what's installing now.

If it doesn't ask me for the key, I'll go back to the seller tell him he's full of shit and to refund it or I'm going to Amex to resolve. Amex has yet to fail me.
Unless you paid for extended support, which was $$, your security has been out of date for 3 years!

And it should be free still, at least everytime I do it is. Even on Windows 7 Pro.

Use this tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR

Fuck this weekend. Happy to be back at work and not underneath some god damned car. I believe I have reached the age and financial independence where from now on I have someone else do that shit. :mad:
Yes and no. I let a shop work on our work truck this Fall, because I had too much on my plate and figured that I’d let a pro handle the job. What an absolute cluster fuck. Granted it was the pro’s problem to fix the shit he did wrong, but it took so long that I wound up renting and borrowing trucks for about three weeks.

(Fwiw, I had him replace the rear main seal on a 40 year old truck. He replaced it with a stock seal and no speedi-sleeve on the crank. The thing leaked like a sieve when I got it back. When I asked him if he’d checked the crank for wear under the seal, he said there was a groove, but he figured it’d be ok! “Professional mechanic…” I intentionally didn’t tell / remind / micromanage him about shaft wear when I dropped it off, bc I didn’t want to be a dick. )

:coolstorybruh:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yes and no. I let a shop work on our work truck this Fall, because I had too much on my plate and figured that I’d let a pro handle the job. What an absolute cluster fuck. Granted it was the pro’s problem to fix the shit he did wrong, but it took so long that I wound up renting and borrowing trucks for about three weeks.

(Fwiw, I had him replace the rear main seal on a 40 year old truck. He replaced it with a stock seal and no speedi-sleeve on the crank. The thing leaked like a sieve when I got it back. When I asked him if he’d checked the crank for wear under the seal, he said there was a groove, but he figured it’d be ok! “Professional mechanic…” I intentionally didn’t tell / remind / micromanage him about shaft wear when I dropped it off, bc I didn’t want to be a dick. )

:coolstorybruh:
if i were you i would be calling 911 to get my foot out of his fucking ass...