Quantcast

<^>sunderp <^>

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
spent a lovely 9 hours in the ER, but at least it wasn't a heart attack. I had major chest pains radiating down my left arm. Doc thinks it may have been a small clot that cleared. Walking only for a while no riding or elliptical for the next few months while the drugs do their thing. Bed time at 2am wee

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
as the kids would say....gary coleman keepin it a hundred

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Two mornings in a row now that the dog has been an asshole. She needs some good daycare romps to wear her out.

Speaking of dogs, I had a good volunteer shift at the dog adoption event. Every time I handle a dog for a few hours, I want to take it home. Yesterday's dog was awesome and he had a great howl.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
glad to hear it's gonna pass, eric

not too much going on here. Disassembled the BMC last night and it looks like my creaking noise may have been coming from a crusty bearing. I may not need a new frame after all. Weird to me how sad I felt when it sounded like I needed a new bike. Guess I've grown to like the weird old thing. I think I got it working well enough, but maybe I'll look to replace the bearings soon too.

Otherwise, I've selected a backup should I need it!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
spent a lovely 9 hours in the ER, but at least it wasn't a heart attack. I had major chest pains radiating down my left arm. Doc thinks it may have been a small clot that cleared. Walking only for a while no riding or elliptical for the next few months while the drugs do their thing. Bed time at 2am wee
What was your troponin and what kind of CT did they do? (PE vs coronary) Send me it and I’ll peep at it.

/me is going to drive back with the kids today. I’ll let the weather clear up a bit so won’t rush things this morning.

IMG_1664.jpeg

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Got up at fivayem to become ski traffic, I didn't snow overnight, 30+ mph wind gusting to 60, no thanks OJ, I'll pass.

Now it's dumping in the mtns. Maybe tomorrow morning will be doable.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still raining, dogs are going crazy. I try to take them out when there are breaks but it's been pretty wet the last couple days. I feel there pain, I get a bit stir crazy myself.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got up at fivayem to become ski traffic, I didn't snow overnight, 30+ mph wind gusting to 60, no thanks OJ, I'll pass.

Now it's dumping in the mtns. Maybe tomorrow morning will be doable.
Visibility is not good

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My local ski hill opens on Wednesday, and the weather forecast for town looks sunny and warm. Might be a morning ski / afternoon ride kind of day, and just work in the evening.

Today is for chorin’ inside while it’s gustin’ winds to 50mph (80kmh) outside.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Glad you’re still above ground, Eric!

Weathermonkey update: Looks like it is gonna rain here everday until May. NFW on riding outside for a while and the commute to the snow just ruins the fun…

Gonna finally get around to building some wooden jumps and maybe a mini-quarter in the shop I guess.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
JFC @eric strt6 glad you are still kicking, remember your supposed to be in the front of the ambulance, not the rear.
Took Madelyn grocery shopping and a Menards run. She gets a kick out of pushing the cart.
Raining here today. Gathering two of the cultivators this afternoon. Get them home and see what kind of value they have.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Glad you're okay @eric strt6.

Haley and Hannah are both loving climbing after yesterday. Haley getting a reminder and Hannah getting a first time. It looks like we'll be climbing a lot over the winter because Hannah's getting signed up for an after school climbing class.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Stihl 881

drizzly and damp here. just boppin around the house today. might install and set up the kitsuma on the nomad later. need to drop wife's car off at the shop this evening. 13yo went "skiing" up in the hills with a friend. shocked there's any snow at all, frankly. had to pick him up some "new to him" boots yesterday, as the little punk's grown so much over the past year.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Stihl 881 to get them off the beach then a 38” bandsaw mill to get them down to 2+ inches, doing it all now so they can be dry enough when I need them
God a have a raging hard on for a woodmizer. Might be a 2024 purchase
I really need to make a decision on milling up some of the logs I’ve got. However, neither an 881 nor a 38” mill are in the cards for me. Jeezus!

Also eyeing something more on the scale of the smallest woodmizer…

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Yeah, I’ve seen that. There’s another portable mill that gets “good reviews” too - can’t remember the brand, but they’re painted green…

I also need to ask around. There’s gotta be some unused portable mills sitting in barns, garages and shops out here…

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, I’ve seen that. There’s another portable mill that gets “good reviews” too - can’t remember the brand, but they’re painted green…

I also need to ask around. There’s gotta be some unused portable mills sitting in barns, garages and shops out here…

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Woodland are the green ones. They have some decent capacity mills for not a whole lot. The LX50 woodmizer is what I have my eye on. The neighbor is clearing a fence row and it is full of walnut. Big mills said it’s firewood due to fence in some of them. Free.99 for me.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Woodland are the green ones. They have some decent capacity mills for not a whole lot. The LX50 woodmizer is what I have my eye on. The neighbor is clearing a fence row and it is full of walnut. Big mills said it’s firewood due to fence in some of them. Free.99 for me.
When it costs anywhere from $50-75$ for a band and they get toasted on every pass you will pass on those logs as well

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Toshi

They did a full panel on me and everything was in the normal range. They couldn't find anything except my elevated TSH and Cholesterol. dorsal ventral and lateral xrays of my chest showed clear lungs. they sent me home after the troponin results cam back normal. I don't know what the numbers were and I just woke up so I haven't logged in to my medical records to check

one thing they did find was a left side block on my heart, the electrical impluse on that side i slightly off from the right but not enough to be of concern.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Left for Denver. Pass closed. Turned around before Mary Jane.

Amusingly saw a Grand Cherokee driver try to swing too wide to turn around and dump it right off the shoulder into deep snow. Whoops

IMG_1689.jpeg
IMG_1686.jpeg
IMG_1688.jpeg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Thanks guys. It was quite the scare. My heart rate as only 102 on the elliptical and I had been going for 17 minutes when the pain hit. Fuck it hurt checked my pulse ox and my sat was 96% and my pulse was 84. When the pain did not diminish I called 911. Fire came and did a 12 lead and they saw the left side block but no irregular rhythms' so I opted to AMA and self transport. Kaiser ER had me on a monitor and was taking blood within minutes of me walking in. I had a beautiful Blond Cardiac Doc so that was nice. Feeling OK this morning.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
When it costs anywhere from $50-75$ for a band and they get toasted on every pass you will pass on those logs as well
This true, however the fence is still there. Easy to see which trees have it and which don’t. Also the trees with fence I’ll just cut off above the fence line. They are/were planning to just pile and burn. I’ll probably only get a could due to timing.