Quantcast

***sunderping GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
mmm espresso

Last day of the horse show. gonna be stupid hot again. I have a feeling that we will be done earlier than planned. Most of the folks in the temporary show barns cleared out last night. early works for me, I charge a flat fee.

back to caffeinating myself, carry on

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going to take Mariko and Yuna on an easy trail ride. Yuna’s bike is a single speed (belt drive!) so we will stick to the near-flat section.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Sunday, cupcakes! Olympic triathlon yesterday went well. I had two goals, really: Average 20 mph on the bike and get through the race without further injuring my gimpy right leg. I was successful on the latter but not the former. 24 mile bike course with 2000' of climbing all in the second half. So halfway through the bike I was hauling ass with a 23.6 mph avg, then gave it all back the second half when the hills hit and finished with a 19.2 avg. Still a solid bike ride and I was not passed by a single rider...I counted 30 that I passed. The run was a short 5.5 miles (should be 10K) but I was fine with that. I took it easy on the run and ran an even 8:00 pace. 500' of uphill...that is a damn hilly run course. I finished 28th overall out of I am guessing 150 or so (still no results posted). 6th in my age group. Today I feel tired but not injured, which I am very happy about. 5 weeks until my Ironman.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You ever ride south of Boston? Moving down there in 2 months and all I know is the northern side. Still trying to establish where my new stomping grounds will be.
Plenty of good riding on the south shore although I only venture south of the Masspike once in a full moon. That might change with the right motivation though. :) What town will be your new home?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
after all the travels you two have had, all the amazing places you've visited, you land in ... Boston? Boston.

:twitch:
Free housing and family is really the only draw. North America has all kinds of awesome places I could spend time. Luckily, this just a temporary thing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got home from Crested Butte. That's a long ass drive - 5hrs at drive fast speed. Glad I had a book I've been listening to to keep my time filled.

Came back to crying child. Haley being a shithead. FTS.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just got home from Crested Butte. That's a long ass drive - 5hrs at drive fast speed. Glad I had a book I've been listening to to keep my time filled.

Came back to crying child. Haley being a shithead. FTS.
Did you drive the ////m?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did you drive the ////m?
I wish I had. Would have taken at least 30min less just because I could have dashed lined passed people.

I took the Subaru because I needed to shuttle in the car and drive a long dirt road for fishing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Finally broke the Jamis. Freehub on the old XT hub shit the bed. Then I hit the G out by the Tryon Parking lot a little to fast. The chainstay poked me in the leg on the way out. There is a tiny little root you can pop and land on the crest. It happened there. I walked backed to the car. I bought that frame in 1994. I still cannot ride a wheelie... I am planning to integrate the parts into my Bridgestone. The folks hitting the dirt Jumps by the apartments where drinking beer and cooking hotdogs. They offered me a hotdog and beer when they seen my broken bike. I was touched by their sentiment. It was very nice of them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went on one of them mountain bike rides. First ride since the injury that I just rode instead of doing a lot of thinking about riding while trying to ride. Was a sweltering 70, felt like a solid 72 with humidity.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally broke the Jamis. Freehub on the old XT hub shit the bed. Then I hit the G out by the Tryon Parking lot a little to fast. The chainstay poked me in the leg on the way out. There is a tiny little root you can pop and land on the crest. It happened there. I walked backed to the car. I bought that frame in 1994. I still cannot ride a wheelie... I am planning to integrate the parts into my Bridgestone. The folks hitting the dirt Jumps by the apartments where drinking beer and cooking hotdogs. They offered me a hotdog and beer when they seen my broken bike. I was touched by their sentiment. It was very nice of them.

Was just riding along in the parking lot...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just started going through my emails from the TWO DAYS that I was gone. :panic: Can people not look at my schedule before they commit me to things? Or look at the conversations we had when other appointments were rescheduled already, for them, to said dates that they just overbooked? The next three weeks are going to be brutal.