Quantcast

Sunflower seeds. Shell? No shell?

Sunflower seeds. To shell or not to shell

• Total voters

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I am graceful enough with my tongue to split the shell eat the seed and spit out the shell with a handfull of shells in my mouth.

I have seen people fumbling with their fingers and picking the seed out, and just plain destroying the seed and shell and eating them whole. Bunch of wierdos. :)

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
many years of baseball has transformed my mouth into a seed eating, husk spitting machine. i can take a whole handfull of seeds, throw them in one side of my mouf and spit the shells out. its becoming habitual, but theyre so good

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I can not get the seed out of the shell with any grace, so I end up sucking on the shell until all the salt is gone, chew it up and swallow it:D

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I get the BBQ flavor seeds, and chew on them until the flavor is gone, and then spit whatever is left out. The only bad thing about this method is when a little splinter gets stuck in your gums...OUCH!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
luken8r said:
many years of baseball has transformed my mouth into a seed eating, husk spitting machine. i can take a whole handfull of seeds, throw them in one side of my mouf and spit the shells out. its becoming habitual, but theyre so good
Ditto, I still do while playing ball.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I eat it all. I'm too damn lazy to try separating the seed from the shell. Besides, the shell is covered in salty goodness.

The key to avoid the torturous bowel movements is to drink LOTS of water for 24 hours after eating the shells.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
suck the salty goodness off the shell, split, then either spit, or pack in the other cheek till i have a mouthful for machine gun action.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
you have to getthe ones wit the shell... you need to struggle a litle before reaching the seed or else you wont enjoy the seed as much

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Playing baseball has helped me become proficient in the art of sunflower seed eating. Eating the shells is nasty...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The coolest thing about baseball IMO. You either did seeds or skoal. I hated chewing tobacco. I did seeds instead. Eat the seeds and spit the very chewed shells. Know plenty of boxers/fighters who do the same.....