Quantcast

sunfuckingday gfmt

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Took the boys hiking out to the waterfall yesterday. It was nice out. The trails on the southern escarpment are bone dry, so I'm going to go poach some trails today. Wife got back from a week in Paris yesterday evening, so I'm in need of some alone time.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Still snowing here. Maybe 5" of highly compacted slushy stuff on roads with more on railings and other non-heat sink things? Supposed to snow off and on through 11 pm!

Time to shovel the walkway since technically clearing it in 24 hours is on me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Still snowing here. Maybe 5" of highly compacted slushy stuff on roads with more on railings and other non-heat sink things? Supposed to snow off and on through 11 pm!

Time to shovel the walkway since technically clearing it in 24 hours is on me.
maybe 13" here and still snowing ... I'll need to shovel later too.

20160417_065930.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy. Packing the bags and gathering all the stuff to go riding yay.

Found this while clearing out the hydration pack...

I also found out that the weight of my hydration pack sitting on the mouthpiece, does in fact have enough mass to empty itself all over my counter and floor. DERP. :rofl:

Must make mental note to stop and get a 27.5 tube on the way to the trails. Will 26" tubes stretch that far?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Plumbing weekend. New kitchen faucet, new guts in one of the toilets, new bathroom sink faucet, then new sink in the kids bathroom. Who in the fuck thought it was a good idea to make a sink out of shit that rusts?? :mad:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Despite moving my car it had a goddamn branch fall on the front of it brought down by the snow again...

Not happy.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Great ride this morning.
First time on the oval chainring. I like.
Trails are already dusty and fast.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
accident....scuffed up the rear bumper on someones bumper...no damage to the pilot...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
3 rides in 2 days. Eating Hummus, and Pitas right now. Carrots and Mineolla Tangerines for the awesome! Possible Nightime bong shed blast on tap. Then more food. Then Brandy drinking after that... Everything is nice....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Touch over 11 miles in an hour 45. Trails were much less crowded than expected. Randomly ran into my pretty hot Brazilian colleague and her massive donk. Got the b-shed resupplied, wegmans run. Post ride beer and oysters.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Trails were rode. One, perhaps two lungs, were expelled and burned with fire. Not really shocking, considering that I've only done a handful of hikes over the last 3-4 months.

But damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn did it feel good to roll down some hills again. The trails were bone dry. Bike is also dialed in and ready to rock, the only thing that I need to do is add some more pressure to the shock...I bottomed it out about 100 feet into the trail and almost got ejected over the bars; great way to start the season haha.

Did about half the distance that I usually do in this particular parcel of land and was absolutely cooked at the end.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
believe the hype?
Only one ride so far.
I had a 30t before while I recovered from a back injury and this one's a 32, supposedly 34t effective or such shit.
A little harder to push on the climbs, felt great standing and the bike certainly laid down the power better. You can feel it at light effort/high cadence but I don't ride like that.

Going to run it a bit and will let you know how it goes. No regrets at this point. Got an Absolute Black direct mount, really nice ring.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Just in from my first ride on the new bike, the trails on the north side of the river were prime. I set the fork and shock as reccommended for my weight and rode in the trail setting for both. I had the tires pumped to 30 psi which is the minimum reccommended, I figure I'm about 185 with pack - I lowered them to 25psi and liked that better.

Overall the new frame is pretty responsive, I couldn't throw the back end around like I do on a hard tail but I didn't feel like I had to either. I didn't push myself or the bike except for the short climbs where I hammered, the rear suspension is pretty tight; I never felt the need to lock it out and will probably never do so.

When I checked the rear shock it showed I'd used most of the travel, I thought I'd not set the ring proper so I reset it for the return ride and it turns out I did. This seems cool to me since I never felt it, I'll probably increase the psi when I get to more aggressive trails.

All in all quite a lot of fun and lots to learn from my new ride. :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just in from my first ride on the new bike, the trails on the north side of the river were prime. I set the fork and shock as reccommended for my weight and rode in the trail setting for both. I had the tires pumped to 30 psi which is the minimum reccommended, I figure I'm about 185 with pack - I lowered them to 25psi and liked that better.

Overall the new frame is pretty responsive, I couldn't throw the back end around like I do on a hard tail but I didn't feel like I had to either. I didn't push myself or the bike except for the short climbs where I hammered, the rear suspension is pretty tight; I never felt the need to lock it out and will probably never do so.

When I checked the rear shock it showed I'd used most of the travel, I thought I'd not set the ring proper so I reset it for the return ride and it turns out I did. This seems cool to me since I never felt it, I'll probably increase the psi when I get to more aggressive trails.

All in all quite a lot of fun and lots to learn from my new ride. :)
Sounds great.

You can't tease us though and not provide any pictures. :busted:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sounds great.

You can't tease us though and not provide any pictures. :busted:
All I have for proof is a muddy tire and shoes, not from the trail - from the side of the road since the car park was full. I'll get them though.

This is all I got, the side of the road is the last place snow melts so obviously the best place to park, I'd already opened the hatch and muddied a spanking new pair of Birkenstocks so no point in turning back. I now have muddy tire prints inside the wagon. I'm pretty sure I could lift the bike to the roof rack but no lifting above the head for something like 6 months post op. Meh.

View media item 2795View media item 2796

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Ran into a dude from out of town on the Thuper Awethum trail who'd never ridden there before, so I showed him around. I described an up hill über tech switchback and the line to take and dude cleaned it first try. Nice to see that not everyone has become a dirt roadie.