Quantcast

sunglasses

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I have these right now. I like wearing polarized glasses...although they are a little odd to get used to at first, especially looking at certain types of glass. Mercedes and BMW windows usually look all psychedelic.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
As to greasable ujoints being better or worse.... Eh its a toss up and depends on what your doing...... Your really splitting haris to say a greaseable is weaker... it is, but youll never notice it....... The non greasable.... Use a different type of grease at the factory when they are made. In theory its a grease pack that will last the lifetime of the part. problem is that most people are not out in the dirt or elements... Regular every day driving non greasable alst a long ass time... when your oput in the water, the dirt, the grit and abusing your vehicle for some offroad action and fun..... Your going to get crap passing the seals....... While there may be a slight strength loss with a greasable ujoint, fresh grease will make it live longer......
Yeah, which is exactly why I like greaseable. No doubt the sealed units can last, mine were at 190k and the u joints were actually fine it was the CV, but if you are clumsy at all putting them into the driveshaft when you replace them it's not hard to get some grim in them if a cap slipps off, at least with a greaseable you can push it out when you are done. Eitherway I think the strength difference is a horrible argument.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have these right now. I like wearing polarized glasses...although they are a little odd to get used to at first, especially looking at certain types of glass. Mercedes and BMW windows usually look all psychedelic.
I think it's all/most auto glass that has that rainbow effect.......not just expensive imports.:rofl:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I think it's all/most auto glass that has that rainbow effect.......not just expensive imports.:rofl:
the euro cars (mainly german) usually seem to have more of that metal coating on their glass. it makes using a Ezpass or some gps's a PITA or not usable at all. it also adds to the effect when using polarized shades

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, most (newer) cars have it to some effect, but the imports seem to be the most noticeable. Thankfully, whatever causes it must not be in the windshields, otherwise, it would drive me crazy.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The weird dots on auto safety glass are the hardening pattern of the glass. It drives me crazy and I don't wear polarized glasses unless I am on the water.

I have this one pair of sunglasses that I really like. So I bought another pair and put them on the shelf.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the strong yen and getting some new sunnies sent across the pond.
All purpose but good for riding, something like this

or this

Anyway that half rimless style. Obviously Amazon are easiest but if anyone can recommend some good places I'll have a look. $50-$100 range

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Left my helmet on the moto last night (as I always have) and some asshat stole it with my good gloves inside. Should have taken the helmet in, but figured nobody would steal a 5 year old 2XL that smells of my sweaty head. Guess I was wrong, unless they just took it off the bike and tossed it somewhere.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My polarized Straight Jackets are scratched to sh1t, but don't really want to drop that kinda coin on another pair. I'd like to find an identical pair for cheap and use those for "safe" applications where they'll stay nice (mainly driving).

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I've exclusively used Bolle nylon frames (wrap style) for the past um... 8 years or so. they are virtually indestructible and they are so light on your face that you can wear them all day w/o getting a headache.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
My polarized Straight Jackets are scratched to sh1t, but don't really want to drop that kinda coin on another pair. I'd like to find an identical pair for cheap and use those for "safe" applications where they'll stay nice (mainly driving).
Look at Campmor.com
They have some really good prices on a wide selection of "optics".