ODI Ruffian grips
SDG I-FLY C seat and micro carbon I-Beam seatpost

Last edited:

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
No BOS suspension, what a POS.

Just kidding, it looks really nice, let us know how it rides and post up some ride shots if you get a chance.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
How does the lower linkage actuate the shock?

Is it like the new sx trail where the eyelet just has an extender on it or is there some new fandangled trickery going on behind that frame tube?

Could you post up a picture of the lower linkage and the lower shock eyelet please.

Aside from that; "very nice"

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I've never liked the look of the linkage either but the build is perfect.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
One of the things that makes this a killer bike is the build. Pure functional kit there. No cutting weight down by putting XC stuff on.

Very nice work Tamo and welcome to RM. Hope you stay on.

Swedes are good fun. Drop me a line if you ever bring that thing down here.

Hannu

Chimp
Jan 23, 2007
Finland
Not to say that it can't be that light, but still...I had a 08 radical last year, with pretty similar parts(only no ti spring), some even lighter. I think that wheels in last year bike were a bit lighter with DT hubs and 5.1d rim. Anyway, it was something in 17.5kg. It was a large frame, so it might be a bit heavier. Pretty nice bike anyway, I think that vivid might be a better shock for that bike than last years roco. At least in stock configuration roco was pretty terrible for that bike, maybe because leverage ratio is a bit lower than normal.

Albion

Chimp
Sep 25, 2008
wow....insane bike ya got there but isnt the lower chainstay on them pretty weak?or have they sorted that for 09?
They sorted out that problem for the 2008 version already, it was the first run of bikes 2007 that had that issue.

They been using that same linkage-type since 1994 !! even with modifications to it over time of course, BOS desgined it (well, they were part of Sunn back then). Pretty damn succsessful too!

BOS also has a special version of the S*TOY made only for the new Radical, so there is more pimping to do for this bike ;-)

Super sick build though!

Tamo

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Sweden
Thanks for all the nice comments. You can order Sunn bikes directly from www.ilikebike.se or contact me :rockout:

Damo: Thats exactly what the idea behind the build was. Thank you :cheers:

Lelandjt: Im using XTR BBs with the Atlas cranks and its like 5g heavier than the gravity lights. The -09 Deemax are not the lightest but much lighter than last year. Think that E13 chain ring is the lightest out there?

Albion: No BOS stuff here, too heavy :nerd: Thank you :biggrin:

RMboy: I have only tested the -09 Radical Evo for 3 weeks. (Dislocated my shoulder on that bike so its still not 100%..) And it rode really really nice! The only thing I will miss on my bike is the Boxxer team forks, nicest forks ever..

Brian HCM#1: The stem I got from you :banana: The pedals and bar caps from ride-this. Thanks again :cheers: // Tamim Mhanna

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Very nice, it looks fast just sitting there.
Now if Sunn would set up a distributor in the USA...

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Ha, man i agree completely with the boxxer team idea.. Any way enjoy it when u get more time on it. I would love to know more about it, its on the list for next bike.:banana:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
DAMMIT everytime i look at this bike i splooge in my jeans.

how much does one of these bad boys cost?

set up with BOS = *droooooooool*