Quantcast

Sunn Radical

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
yes x-fusion, and it performed faultlessly.

Very impressed with it, we did have a few to choose from which had different characteristics through tuning. but all in all a very good performing shock.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
yes x-fusion, and it performed faultlessly.

Very impressed with it, we did have a few to choose from which had different characteristics through tuning. but all in all a very good performing shock.
Is it possible to fit an air shock or is the linkage rod part of the shock?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The linkage rod is part of the shock. AFAIK only Sunn-specific X-fusion and Marzocchi shocks can be used.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
The only one i could see you being able to fit without manufacturer input would be a double barrel, this is due to the rebound adjuster having to be relocated on things like DHX5, Revox and after market Roco's etc...

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
I take it you mean the Bazooka?

I think that frame was maybe a couple of years after the first radical. Plus the pivot on the Bazooka is on the downtube and the linkages are in front of the seatube.

But a good Question, gave me something to google for a while.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I take it you mean the Bazooka?

I think that frame was maybe a couple of years after the first radical. Plus the pivot on the Bazooka is on the downtube and the linkages are in front of the seatube.

But a good Question, gave me something to google for a while.
Haha. Yeah, that was what came to mind - - or maybe the Rumba? (But maybe not - -I'll have to study all 3):

http://www.maobikeworld.it/page/news/rumba/rumba.htm

Bazooka

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I guy I know, who's working for a bike mag, tested a Sintesi DH bike back in -04 or -05. He really liked it except for a questionable solution on the linkage that he didn't know if it would hold up in the longer run.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
The first production radicals have arrived with us, just in time for the UK bike show.

We also built up a small Prim XC into a lovely little 4X bike.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i really like the looks of the bike and the new commencal as well as this beast would be my next rides if the geometry is where i like it.

the only thing that scares me is lack of shock choices, all this one off equip., and being such a low center (all the goodies are so low) its gonna be ripping through berrings like nobodies business with the mud and fine silty dirt out here.

yes because the few of us getting them here in the states might wanna try out some different shocks and some new proto ones
so dose that rod just attach to the shock in the way the eyelett would?

like threadding right into the shock itselft right?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
id love to tell you but ours never ended up coming through so im on a demo for now, def getting one or a lapierre for next season

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
damn thats the only thing that truely baffles me about this rig, no picture around gives you a clear view and they dont seem to be yelling out you need a proprietary shock cause i have a feeling that would be bad for business all the same i wanna know!

pcbsdusr

Chimp
May 6, 2007
they're actually a little more like the ancilotti bikes...maybe that's what you were thinking....
You mean they were actually a little more like the ancilotti bikes...

And it's not like a turner either as the pivot is much higher. It should take rock gardens a bit better...

Regarding the shock, it's always possible to build a rod that attaches on regular shocks. People using old ProFlex frames with new shocks do this all the time as the ProFlex frames used a rod as well.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
people already commented that it was like the old rts setup, don't know why it would put you off, it's not an identical design, although there are clearly some similarities.....