Quantcast

Sunn Radical

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
people already commented that it was like the old rts setup, don't know why it would put you off, it's not an identical design, although there are clearly some similarities.....
no, i'm commenting on the Sintesi RUMBA. its the URT. the Sunn is NOT. it's bb is connected to the front triangle

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
I'm gonna try to get of the rod-end of the shock so we can get some sense from all this speculation. If it turns it's possible to stick a CC DB on there, i'll make it my bike for next season!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Saw a few of them today at the French Dh Cup race in Montriond. Awesome looking bikes, look like they track well and are dead silent. Liking them a lot.

Saw one broken however.....

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
what convinces me even further: "dead silent", it's always nice to have a bike that runs with minimal noise.

what puzzles me: "saw one broken"

any photos of the broken frame? any idea as to how it got broken?
would be nice to know.

cheers.

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
They are probably among the quietest bikes around.
They seem glued to the ground too. Very impressive.

I was at the french cup too. Who's frame did you see brake?

What were you riding? I was the one selling FUNN and MAXXIS anmong others.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
It was reported that one had broken at Champrey but there is a high possibilty that it was one of the pre-production frames that some of the french team riders are using.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
Here's a close-up of the linkage, or what i could get in a photo...it's off a friend's bike, he's oving it so far!
you want to let us know how your buddies fairing with that crank like that? cause i swear by xt cranks but no 83mm bb :plthumbsdown:

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
haha, nah mate, he had that on just for th pic, he managed to get an 83mm bb before racing/riding it, no worries.

I have asked him to get me a detailed review of the beast, will post it up if/when i get it.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA

I know it's been said 100000000 times...
Man, those are seriously the most beautiful DH bikes ever made. Just jizztacular!

Although I am a bit worried about how long that push rod is going from the lower rocker to the shock bushing. Seems like you could get some premature shock and bushing wear from side loading. Who cares, who can complain about changing brakes on a freakin Ferrari!

That sucker belongs in Le Louvre art museum! Just like those fine French ladies. Sure they may snap in two, but totally worth a hard ride!

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Where can I find more info about the linkage, specifically, what makes only a few shocks fit?

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
just got mine, its feeling good on the carpark test and weighs next to nothing, will be giving a review soonish(after france so about 3 weeks) and possibly a first impressions with pics once ive given it its first ride.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
pictures! i have a buddy eying one up; still looking for the most cost effective way to get one on this side of the pond. unfortunately the gbp-cad exchange rate is not so favorable. is ride central currently the only (potential) exporter? (dan - do you guys offer free shipping to canada as well as the us)?

Vang_9tuzz

Chimp
May 26, 2007
Denmark
Yeah, he jumped into a rockgarden, compression and dang!!
But asfar as what I can get out of it, it have nothing to do with bad designing, just sheer bad luck...:twitch:

And those frenchmen :biggrin: ...tsk tsk...anyways the bike looks nice!:cheers:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
A bunch of my buddies from Spain ride the new Radical. They love it. They were in Whistler August 15th through the 27th. I rode the Radical quite a bit- it's got a longish wheelbase, a steep head tube and a long rear end/chain stay. It's pretty dang light, and everyone had a really progressive set up on the Rocco. Definitely a WFO style bike, and needing the pilot to really hang off the back to keep the weight behind things. Good stuff.

Cannon

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
Could someone post a picture of the lower shock mounting rod please?
Is this only an adaptor or is it a special shock??

Greetz, Cannon