Quantcast

Sunn Radical

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
how long are they going to last without cracking. I'm sure for most racers they wont last a whole season.
Nice assumptions...

Drop the Ride-Central guys a line Hougham and they'll be more than happy to rave about how much they love the new Radical. They are also the UK Distributor for Sunn and can hook you up if you decide you want one.

I havnt got my own yet but im working on it. I hear only good things about them so far.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Been seeing a few out here in Morzine. They look smooth and silent. May be the rider though....
I'd love to give one a run here to find out first hand.

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
Looks.... svelte.

Basically a single pivot... nice, light and tidy... but wonder if flexy?
well I certainly cant feel any, i would like to give you a write up on the bike, but id realy like to get the rear sus dialed before I do. They are insanely rare though I saw two white and two brown in morzine, one of the whites was mine, the other a uk team riders and two random brown ones. Feels kinda strange having loads of people coming up to you and staring at your linkage though lol.

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks for the replies. That is great help BJ- about the UK Distributor. Nice to hear there warranty is sound as well.

Cannon

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
Hope i get mine this friday, more pictures and further informations coming soon!!!!

Greetz, Cannon

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that is a beautiful frame. fyi - look at the primary pivot... nice and big, doesn't look flexy to me (even over the internet :clue: ) also, roco spec'd due to linkage rate? are other shocks good for this frame (specifically ccdb)? or was it designed around the roco?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Two of my good pals ride the new Radical, and it's definitely NOT 36lbs stock. It's light, but much more like 40lbs. Both bikes were 100% stock except for pedals (Crank Bros Mallet M's and MG-1's).

The bike feels really good. It has what I consider typical French geometry, and rides a lot like the Q Bikes DH frame, but not as slack as the Lapierre.

The Radical has a steep head tube angle and a really long rear end. It felt drastically longer than my Sunday, both in terms of wheelbase and chainstay length. The bike works well for those who pick the cleanest line possible, then hang off the back end, using the steep HA to carve corners and the long CS to maintain stability and traction. The bike felt really predictable.

Definitely one of the coolest bikes of the year, and it would be great to get them widely imported to the USA.

Anvil

Chimp
Aug 14, 2007
There's something about that bike...where have I seen a suspension link like that before? Chumba maybe?

How are they controlling the motion of the lower shock eye? It looks like the transfer link is rigidly mounted to it and just acts like an extension or is there something else going on?

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
Two of my good pals ride the new Radical, and it's definitely NOT 36lbs stock. It's light, but much more like 40lbs. Both bikes were 100% stock except for pedals (Crank Bros Mallet M's and MG-1's).

QUOTE]

The small size is deffinately not 40lbs i recon the build is more like 37/37.5lbs thats with 6.1 rims(not stock 5.1) steel spring decent weight pedals and heavy sunline bar. it is real light.