Quantcast

>>> sunny day gmt <<<<

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Attempted to pedal hard for a few hours with a bunch of other people. For still feeling like shit and somewhat out of shape I managed top 25%. Considering Friday I was debating bailing out, I’m stoked.

Probably should mow my yard today. Might take older kiddo to the movies too.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I wrote the day off as a nothing day, no bike riding. Went and picked up my old welder from a mate and had a play with it, could not get it to weld at all.
Turned out I'd forgotten the polarity hadn't been switched to suit the solid core wire.
Seems I didn't apply for my old job and the listing has now been removed, oops.
Just sent a hopes and prayers application of sorts via their website.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did some chores around the house to pick up yesterday, although not as much as is really needed but hey, progress is progress. Finally got the last parts needed for the GG build (braked adapters), so can finally hopefully finish that in the next couple days. Got in a road ride, grilled some wings, and hung out in the hot tub. Off to Dutch Wonderland with the kids today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Gaggle of 9 year olds were finally convinced to be quiet a bit after 10 pm

then febrile Baby Aya came to our door at 5 and instead of opening the door and slipping in was yelling about not wanting the cat to get in, banging the door several times

that woke two of the 9 year olds in the basement up in turn, and being little girl-jerks when in groups those kids heckled the others who wanted to go back to sleep. so they all ended up

Baby Aya snoozed for another hour and a half on my arm at least. I am her giant stuffed animal

shall head up and get a few hours of skiing in at Winter Park in a bit. first mountain trip with the new EV.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have finally ordered every bit for my hardatail but I am now too poor to be able to afford a frame so I can sell the Torrent off as a complete bike.
Gave up on re-using anything from the wheels I built a couple of months back, the only decent part of the wheels was the spokes. So the horrible white wheels will sit as a spare set, might have to get a wheel bag so I don't have to look at them.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Took 2 years, but I finally rode this morning with my neighbor. Got 10 miles out of the door with maybe 1/4 mile of pavement.

Doing a celebration for small dog today, as tomorrow is the end of the road. :(

@sunringlerider kicking tires on sub-compact or compact tractors. Looking for a loader, backhoe, 4x4. Mainly moving dirt, grading, tree/brush removal. New the way to go? Or are the plethora of used machines worth checking out? Primarily Kubota and JD dealers out this way, with the occasional TYM within a reasonable distance.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Took 2 years, but I finally rode this morning with my neighbor. Got 10 miles out of the door with maybe 1/4 mile of pavement.

@sunringlerider kicking tires on sub-compact or compact tractors. Looking for a loader, backhoe, 4x4. Mainly moving dirt, grading, tree/brush removal. New the way to go? Or are the plethora of used machines worth checking out? Primarily Kubota and JD dealers out this way, with the occasional TYM within a reasonable distance.
Depends if you are paying cash or financing. Kubota and Deere both will have some really good financing options. The off brand are really not that bad, they just suck at resale and parts can be difficult. You can’t go wrong with Deere or Kubota. Personally I prefer the control lay out and ergonomics of the Deere, but Kubota is just as good.
Also check pricing on new stuff before looking at used. Some folks are asking new money for used.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR

Not the person you asked, but why not rent?

The problem with little tractors is that they are…well…little. The loader won’t be able to lift more than a couple of hundred pounds. They’re built lighter too.

Decent new tractor with implements is gonna cost at least $20k. That’s a lot of rental…

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I got a the new OneUp bar installed and loved the higher rise and more comfortable bar. I cut it to 780mm which felt very natural. Bike felt easier to control both down hill and in turns. Newly serviced suspension felt good too but will go to recommended air pressure for next ride which is 10psi lower aprox as the bike felt a little too stiff. Forecast looks dry so more riding Tuesday after work.

I still need to find some new shorts as the old ones are way too bike but no idea what to get. I still get a little cramping in my feet. I ride flats with 5.10 shoes. Maybe they are too soft?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Not the person you asked, but why not rent?

The problem with little tractors is that they are…well…little. The loader won’t be able to lift more than a couple of hundred pounds. They’re built lighter too.

Decent new tractor with implements is gonna cost at least $20k. That’s a lot of rental…
I've got probably 3 weeks worth of tractor work to do every year (plus the odd sporadic stuff) for say, the next 5 years. Rentals are going for $1,000/wk or $2,500/mo round here. Plus getting a hoisting license. :rolleyes: So you are right, the payback period is likely years out.

Sub-compact and compact were on my radar mostly for size reasons. The compact I borrowed from a friend seemingly had adequate lifting capacity for most everything I'd want to do. It sucked at cutting grade, but that didn't come as a surprise.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I've got probably 3 weeks worth of tractor work to do every year (plus the odd sporadic stuff) for say, the next 5 years. Rentals are going for $1,000/wk or $2,500/mo round here. Plus getting a hoisting license. :rolleyes: So you are right, the payback period is likely years out.

Sub-compact and compact were on my radar mostly for size reasons. The compact I borrowed from a friend seemingly had adequate lifting capacity for most everything I'd want to do. It sucked at cutting grade, but that didn't come as a surprise.
do you have a cat rentals near you?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Plumber coming by midday to get a more detailed quote on the tankless water heater. First person with a quote for a standard heater that was anywhere close to the big box store range (higher as expected, but reasonably), and not shockingly the only one that is non-corporate (two guys).

Heading to the outlets afterwards because Haley needs more clothes that fit. She's taken a lot of Wifey's old clothes but only wants so much of it.

Hannah is about to max out her levels for swimming lessons, which means she has to move up to the team soon. She doesn't want to do anything competitive, ever. So this is making for a really hard shift into a competitive environment. All of us have been trying to explain that she can do nothing more than compete with herself, which is a lot of what Haley does. Where she only needs to focus on trying to be better than yesterday - no cares to what everybody else is doing. It's hard to get past that perfection sticking point.

Also, one of the instructors here is a former swimmer wearing a uh... Let's call it "high cut" swimsuit. Not a lot of secrets to be left. The dads that came as couples are fighting so hard to keep eyes elsewhere and the older the dad, the creeper the viewing (from the outside perspective). Just in general she's gorgeous and could probably be modeling on the side, the suit isn't necessary. But the suit brings out the best in conservative land here... :rolleyes:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Maybe an hour or so away? Their online inventory only advertises larger machines though, and I don't possess the right qualifications to operate those in the commonwealth of Massachusetts. :thumbsdown:
The reason I asked is they can get any machine you want, it just has to be requested, and they deliver as well. All cat rental machines come with grade and slope assist as well.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Maybe an hour or so away? Their online inventory only advertises larger machines though, and I don't possess the right qualifications to operate those in the commonwealth of Massachusetts. :thumbsdown:
Do you want to be have 3 point PTO in the rear? Mowers, augers, etc... are pretty awesome tools!

Tractor qualifications??? Thats job security write there! Chase that dragon, get certified, buy a Case 580 and then hire yourself out for odd jobs.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Needed maple syurp and almond flour at da stor.

60 dollars. 40 for the syrup and 20 for the flour. What in the actual fuck.

Anyone order maple syrup straight from a farm? I know some of u's are making it at home. Brilliant move but I am not able to do so.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do you want to be have 3 point PTO in the rear? Mowers, augers, etc... are pretty awesome tools!

Tractor qualifications??? Thats job security write there! Chase that dragon, get certified, buy a Case 580 and then hire yourself out for odd jobs.
That is a good way for him to not being able to pay his mortgage. Despite requiring great skill, jobs like that pay poorly.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Needed maple syurp and almond flour at da stor.

60 dollars. 40 for the syrup and 20 for the flour. What in the actual fuck.

Anyone order maple syrup straight from a farm? I know some of u's are making it at home. Brilliant move but I am not able to do so.
Nope, but I can ship you some via Costco for a shuffleboard and/or box of apples ;)

1713719480622.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Dafaq? You can’t just rent what you want? I thought this was America
Nobody will rent to you without having the proper hoisting license. There are separate classes depending upon the type and capacity of the machine. Loader/backhoe licenses are different from an excavator license. Gotta get a forklift license too.

$75 for two weeks of eligibility with a quick online class, or $50/category for 2 years.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Nobody will rent to you without having the proper hoisting license. There are separate classes depending upon the type and capacity of the machine. Loader/backhoe licenses are different from an excavator license. Gotta get a forklift license too.

$75 for two weeks of eligibility with a quick online class, or $50/category for 2 years.
This is just government overreach and an assault on freedom.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

wow, are you sure that is in amerka? thats crazy, On the left coast and every state east to colorado I have rented everything under the sun and it requires zero quals or experience. Ive rented the gamut, feller bunchers, D-10's, cranes, even paving machines and road graders. they dont even care if you know how to operate it.