Quantcast

<<| Sunny Day Real GMT |>>

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, I sure hope it’s fun. If not why the hell would you do it?
She had her best race of the year in the qualifier, heat, and final - all back to back.

Qualified third, but spun getting stuck behind Seb (again) so she couldn't start up her pace again. She got a 1 position penalty for an unsafe track entry after spinning, so started the heat in 4th.

In the heat, she was on fire. She and Seb were fighting hard for 3rd, when she cut outside-in on a hairpin. In the runout he had nowhere to go and drove himself off the track and into a puddle. She hunted down 2nd place (the kid who only races nationals), who was 10sec ahead over the next 3 laps, then passed him while he was being super defensive. She had it locked in 2nd then braked on a white line and spun. She closed back to 2 kart lengths after being over 15 behind, but ran out of time. 1st got DQ'd in tech, so she was in 2nd for the final.

In the final, she got pushed to 3rd in turn 2, but never got separated from the group. Instead, 2-4 were swapping places and lines like braids. She got back up into 2nd, then 4th cut under to go for 3rd, but it pushed her back to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd. She was in a passing position when they called the race for lightning, so she finished in 3rd. She's never been happier about a third.

1000005554.jpg

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Woke up to find Biden has been swapped out and our Ex PM politely ripping on Trump and almost everything introduced in his 4yrs in powah.
Today will be a good day.

And now for some hedging in the sunshine.
Jinxed myself, I bought this a while back because it was light, seems it's a bit too light. Grabbed the safety handle thing and snapped the switch actuator.
Then cracked some screw mounts off by doing the "Which screws are next?" wobble, the plastic seems really brittle.
IMG_20240722_143113.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
She had her best race of the year in the qualifier, heat, and final - all back to back.

Qualified third, but spun getting stuck behind Seb (again) so she couldn't start up her pace again. She got a 1 position penalty for an unsafe track entry after spinning, so started the heat in 4th.

In the heat, she was on fire. She and Seb were fighting hard for 3rd, when she cut outside-in on a hairpin. In the runout he had nowhere to go and drove himself off the track and into a puddle. She hunted down 2nd place (the kid who only races nationals), who was 10sec ahead over the next 3 laps, then passed him while he was being super defensive. She had it locked in 2nd then braked on a white line and spun. She closed back to 2 kart lengths after being over 15 behind, but ran out of time. 1st got DQ'd in tech, so she was in 2nd for the final.

In the final, she got pushed to 3rd in turn 2, but never got separated from the group. Instead, 2-4 were swapping places and lines like braids. She got back up into 2nd, then 4th cut under to go for 3rd, but it pushed her back to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd. She was in a passing position when they called the race for lightning, so she finished in 3rd. She's never been happier about a third.

View attachment 215403
wow. not gonna lie. that's a sport full of douchey, maga-looking assholes. hope your girl shows em up. i couldn't stand to be within spitting distance of most of those asshats.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's generally my goal with watermelon. If it met all the nutritional needs to survive, I think it would be my go to.
Good watermelon is absolutely phenomenal. Like mind blowingly delicious.

Bad watermelon, on the other hand, is absolute trash. I've cut open watermelons and throw them straight into the woods. It's amazing how one fruit can have such a huge range of deliciousness.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Good watermelon is absolutely phenomenal. Like mind blowingly delicious.

Bad watermelon, on the other hand, is absolute trash. I've cut open watermelons and throw them straight into the woods. It's amazing how one fruit can have such a huge range of deliciousness.
Ignore what the rest of RM says about you, you're okay in my book Timmeh.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
wow. not gonna lie. that's a sport full of douchey, maga-looking assholes. hope your girl shows em up. i couldn't stand to be within spitting distance of most of those asshats.
You are not incorrect. But she's pretty solid. One family on the team is MAGA, but more of the residual 5th generation farmer (quiet racist, loud religious) type, but nobody says anything. I have a feeling that Greg (tall guy on left) put them into their place pretty early on for them to not say anything. Most of the parents are more conservative, but the kids are definitely not.

There is definite misogyny in the environment but the team is good. The league changed the rules about lap traffic halfway through the day yesterday, which conveniently black flagged all three of the girls in the Jr1 (8-12) group after one lapping. We're talking with the new circuit owners and the girls' parents about setting up a lead-follow day with Haley. That way they can learn lines and get more comfortable chasing somebody at speed and having data to compare to. We can't have more girls if we don't make it possible for them to succeed and right now, Haley is the oldest/most skilled of the girls in their age group who can lead something like that.

And there is a lot of douchy, top competitor level arrogance (see Trooper - guess who that is. :rofl: ) but it can come with any sport. Of the 36 possible trophies for their categories this weekend, this group got 13 of them. For the most part, FDM is dominant in the state and regionally, and a top competitor nationally.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this is fantastic