Quantcast

*** sunny sunday gmt°°°

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha got there, GMT party people!! I've got coffee in me and about to head out for a long hilly run. The sun is shining and the sky is blue....there two things seem like a rarity lately.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Very strong wind, trying to work out if there's somewhere sheltered we can head to ride where the wind won't have blown the snow onto the packed trails too much...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Plan for today, order TBD;

-coffee
-poop

-work
-bacon
-clean fat bike
-beer
-ride fat bike
-beer
-bbq
-play fetch with kitty
-sleep

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Stormy at the coast, as expected. The house is next to a beach access path, so Hank likes to bark at EVERYONE heading to the beach. It's even better when they go into the back yard to get a picture. The wife said the next time she is going out to offer to take the picture for them. :rofl:

The view off the deck is pretty nice.

PXL_20210221_141746182.NIGHT.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I made a very tasty omelette. Mixed in a little ricotta with the eggs, red pepper, sweet onion, cherry tomatoes, scallions, and mozzarella.

Onward to coffee #2.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
doggies fed, drinking espresso. Wifey is about to drive me to the office to pick up my work vehicle (in the shop for service on Saturday). Aside from that my motivation factor is extremely low but it is sunny with no wind outside so I should do something besides drink beer and nap in my hammock.... or not.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Herp. Errand catch-up day after skiing yesterday. Hoping to rip out half of the remaining floor today. About half of the house is done - kitchen and family room are all that's left. They involve moving appliances and large furniture (sofa), so will be less efficient as the other rooms. I still have until next Sunday to get everything done, but that also involves getting all the furniture off the main floor or into the garage for storage.

Neighbor across the street is an 'I don't know how to do it, don't have the tools, and nobody taught me how to learn how to do it, so I'll just pay someone' kind of guy. We were talking about his car ('06 Lexus RX, 140k) that his parents gave him almost 10 years ago. Three of his wheels are leaking air and he has some other moderate repairs that need to be done, so he's at the 'fuck it I'll just buy a new car' stage. I feel for the guy because he's self-employed doing marketing events, which obviously hasn't been going well for him over the last year. It's nothing substantial: replace wheels, service brakes (new rotors, bleed, etc), fluid flushes, and a few other small things. So I offered to do the necessary research to see what we can do at home and help him do. He knows I work on cars "for fun", but also because I'm fucking cheap. I know the dude is hurting for cash, he's said as much, and getting another car is just going to lever him up more, but he's really concerned about the car failing on him. I ran the numbers and sent him everything; I think we can do everything for about $1200 (including new OEM rims) and over 3-4 Sundays (ski is Saturday). He just seems pretty set on getting a new car at this point. At least he's looking at a cost efficient car - a Kia Telluride. Doesn't need anything that big either., as his wife has a Q7 (bought before things blew up). I've said as much talking about why we've kept the Forester, which is also pretty beat up. Little bit of a rant, but it's a bit like watching a car accident happening in slow motion.

Need to wax skis again. Neighbor said he needs to as well, so will try to get him come over to teach him how to. He seemed pretty interested in it when we talked yesterday. That will allow him to at least save $80/tuning from the shop...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Rode le fatbike. Ate ham/mustard sammich. Going back out again for a family stroll.
One more week until the end of the "no booze February" Better start stacking IPAs.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Ate an entire family size Cesar salad kit last night with dinner, that’s a lot of fiber, combined with two double espressos to start the day. Definitely a code brown around here.

Windy as hell, going riding, then yard work and prepping the trailer for next weekend

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That your photo, Steve?! I’d like to see one of those and peer at those portal axles.

So far today:

- went to bounce house, where we were able to rent out the whole place for 2 hours for $206, split between three families. Totally worth it.
- picked up delicious Popeyes for lunch, which we all thoroughly enjoyed
- dropped off the rower at a med school classmate’s house

Still left to come is working a 5-10 PM shift for fun and profit but mainly the latter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That your photo, Steve?! I’d like to see one of those and peer at those portal axles.

So far today:

- went to bounce house, where we were able to rent out the whole place for 2 hours for $206, split between three families. Totally worth it.
- picked up delicious Popeyes for lunch, which we all thoroughly enjoyed
- dropped off the rower at a med school classmate’s house

Still left to come is working a 5-10 PM shift for fun and profit but mainly the latter.
I saw one of those a few years ago. In typical city fashion of having street tires and bigass wheels.

G wagons are very popular in the suburbs of Toronto. They are like the douche^2 version of Jeeps.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today is progressing nicely.

-coffee
-poop
-work
-bacon
-clean fat bike
-beer
-ride fat bike

-beer
-bbq
-play fetch with kitty
-sleep

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still on the hunt for a 26'ish foot stacker trailer, with a side ramp for the motos. not having much luck. May take the coach to the coast this next weekend to start customizing and tinkering. I've already spent way too much on amazon already upgrading little details.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just don't get the "Q7 crowd that has trouble making ends meet" thing. You really should tell him bootstraps are the answer. :homer:
Normally I would agree with you. We know some others who are running so lean that is a single commission check isn't made, they go into a tailspin. That's fucking ridiculous.

These guys were fine 12 months ago. Both comfortably making money in reliable, long-term jobs. Payments on a used Q7 no issue, etc. But shit can blow up when you have a substantial income drop for near a year.

Whatever. We went through tuning skis today and told him I'll be changing the oil on the Subie next weekend if he wants to see how simple it is. He's on board to learn, so, yeah. Their daughters are Haley's best friends, so it's important to us that they stay sound. We're going to run through ski gear during the week because Haley just upsized and her old stuff should fit their younger daughter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today is progressing nicely.

-coffee
-poop
-work
-bacon
-clean fat bike
-beer
-ride fat bike
-beer
-bbq

-play fetch with kitty
-sleep
Shit, ran out of beer, but found some red wine. Didn't see that one coming.

Enchiladas stuffed with love and bbq'd chicken going in the oven in 3..2..1..

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Rode bikes with kid today again.

Also tore down, cleaned the hell out of and started reassembling this dinosaur for my brother. Been sitting in a friend's basement untouched for over 20 years, has less than 20 miles on it and you can tell. Glad all my antiquated bike tools are still around.
IMG_20210221_155934821_resize_78.jpg
IMG_20210221_153028338_resize_20.jpg
IMG_20210221_195554415_resize_28.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ahhh, home safe and sound, about 750 miles for two hockey games, yeesh.
went through some gorgeous and not so gorgeous parts of the state, such is Wyoming.
Definitely interested in a cycling trip to Cody and Sheridan this summer.

Last edited: