Super Bears... Super Bowl!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Count 'em.

Eight in row!

Da Bears!!!!!!!!

Defense Shillacks the Pack. Favrah is worthless. Vasher comes through again.

...all the way to Detroit .

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
The Bears will be lucky to make the playoffs, i doubt they'll win any of their remaining games.
:confused: you must be high on cat turds. They're leading their division by two games and have already beaten GB and Minnesota (two of their final opponents) once this year. They may have homefield throughout.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Potroast88 said:
It really doesn't matter who makes the Super Bowl from the NFC, no one can stop the Colts.
#1 offense: Colts
#1 defense: Bears

the irresistable force vs. the immovable object.

what gives?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Potroast88 said:
It really doesn't matter who makes the Super Bowl from the NFC, no one can stop the Colts.
It doesn't matter who's coming out of the AFC. It's a given that there are 6 or 7 teams that perhaps are better than the Seahawks or Bears. That's the beauty of them having to beat the crap out of each other so the NFC team only has to play 1 of these teams 1 time(Superbowl). Anything can happen, so AFC who cares....

Now, these Bears.....

Look at this schedule. The bears have been chewing on the fat of their pansy schedule, now they get to sink their teeth into some bone.

at Pittsburgh LOSS
Atlanta MAYBE THEY PULL IT OUT BECAUSE THEY PLAY AT HOME
at Green Bay LOSS
at Minnesota LOSS

Minnesota comes from behind to take the division, sorry Burly one, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BurlyShirley said:
#1 offense: Colts
#1 defense: Bears

the irresistable force vs. the immovable object.

what gives?
Honestly, I will always take the #1 defense over the #1 offense.

It's amazing the Bears keep winning games purely with defense. Look at the box score: Chicago was 0-10 on 3rd down conversions, they had 188 total yards of offense, their QB threw for 68 yards, and they turned the ball over twice.

They go into Pittsburgh next week. Good game. :cool:

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
I have to give it to the Bears, they are one hell of a team this year. Even for the past 3 years they could have been a really good team if it wasn't for all the injuries.

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
The Bengals, colts, steelers, chargers, and Broncos all I think are better than the best team in the NFC (Giants). The Giants played better than the SeaHawks in that game, they lost because the ref screwed up taking away 2 Gaint touchdowns. Yes, I am aware that the Broncos in fact lost to the Giants, but it was by I point, as it is now, the Broncos are a better team. The AFC Championship will be a better game than the super bowl, another Bengals vs. Colts game would be awesome. But you really cant count out my team just yet, the now 2 and 10 San Francisco 49ers will obviously make a late run at the playoffs.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
BurlyShirley said:
The Bears will probably win 6-3 vs. Seattle for the NFC Championship.
You are a fool to think da Bears can keep Alexander from the end zone. The Bears D is good but not that good, and they don't play any real teams. Other than the Bungles they haven't played anyone decent. Go Pats!

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
DA BEARS. just wait till orton throws for 3 interceptions and they put ditka errr Grossman in at qb it will be over.the panthers beat the falcons today therefore the bears will end up beating vick and his team badly in chicaaago. next week will be a good game but the bears D is just too good...
SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
greenchris said:
DA BEARS. just wait till orton throws for 3 interceptions and they put ditka errr Grossman in at qb it will be over.the panthers beat the falcons today therefore the bears will end up beating vick and his team badly in chicaaago. next week will be a good game but the bears D is just too good...
SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL.
You may be right. Chicago may kill Atlanta, but I would not base that off of the Carolina/Chicago game. If you watched Carolina today, they were downright unstoppable. Now I admit, they had a horrible game against Chicago and got dominated, but they were a different team today. I have a feeling that Carolina and Chicago will meet again in the playoffs, and who has home field advantage will be the key.
But all this talk means poo when it comes to the Colts. Defense wins championships and now they have a kick azz defense to go with their offense. They should run the show. All their playoff games including the super bowl will be indoors.:dead:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
greenchris said:
SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL.
Seahawks Colts superbowl, dummy.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:
You think the Bears will stop the Seahawks? They don't hardly NEED to throw the ball. SA will rip them to shreds on the ground, and your pathetic offense will be forced to try and play catch-up.
Shaun Alexander is a good back having a good year, but he is FAR from unstoppable. The Bears have given up a whopping TWO rusing TDs all year. NO THAT IS NOT A TYPO! TWO rushing touchdowns ALL YEAR! Thats REDICULOUS!
Seattle chokes in the playoffs as usual IMO.
And Seattle's pathetic wide reciever corps sure doesnt scare anyone. Yeah, Bobby Engram's got vasher shaking in his pants :rolleyes:

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Q: How many Bears fans does it take to change a light bulb?????

A: 3 (one to do the work and the other two will discuss how BRIGHT that light bulb was twenty years ago)

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
BurlyShirley said:
Shaun Alexander is a good back having a good year, but he is FAR from unstoppable. The Bears have given up a whopping TWO rusing TDs all year. NO THAT IS NOT A TYPO! TWO rushing touchdowns ALL YEAR! Thats REDICULOUS!
Seattle chokes in the playoffs as usual IMO.
And Seattle's pathetic wide reciever corps sure doesnt scare anyone. Yeah, Bobby Engram's got vasher shaking in his pants :rolleyes:
c'mon, the bears have really only faced 2 decent RB's this season.

Portis torched them for 120 yards in week 1
R. Johnson ran for almost 100 on them in week 3

granted they held both those RB's from TDs but I don't think they'll be able to do that with Alexander.

The bears also aren't scoring nearly enough points to dominate. Blowing out teams like Detroit & Minnesota and barely beating teams like San Fran & Baltimore is not going to get you very far into the playoffs.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
dfinn said:
c'mon, the bears have really only faced 2 decent RB's this season.

Portis torched them for 120 yards in week 1
R. Johnson ran for almost 100 on them in week 3

granted they held both those RB's from TDs but I don't think they'll be able to do that with Alexander.

The bears also aren't scoring nearly enough points to dominate. Blowing out teams like Detroit & Minnesota and barely beating teams like San Fran & Baltimore is not going to get you very far into the playoffs.
Why not? Worked just fine for the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.
The stats you see arent indicative of the way the games are played. The only meaningful stats are "points against" and "yards against". Both categories oddly enough, are LED by the bears. Thats right #1 in the NFL. Why do you need to score 20 points a game when you hold your opponents to 11?

Also, it's a pity you dont follow football well enough to know that Cadillac Williams, Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones, Reuben Draughns and Chester Taylor are FAR MORE than DECENT RBs, and have all been kept in check by Chicago.
Also note that the 2 RBs you mentioned came in the first 3 weeks of the season, as the team played with a rookie QB who'd never started an NFL game. The team was in disarray, but since has won 8 straight.
Now, Im not saying they are the best team in the league, but they can beat any team in the league if they play at their full potential. A loss to Pittsburgh at Pitt. this weekend wouldnt dampen my spirits either, as pitt will essentially be eliminated from the playoffs this weekend with a loss and will be playing for survival. Its a tough place to play any time of year.
But keep in mind that when the pressure was on Chicago, as in that Carolina game, they flat out DOMINATED them.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I would call "Cadillac Williams, Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones, Reuben Draughns and Chester Taylol" all very average when compared to someone like Shaun Alexander.

But let's go over some examples of what you call keeping in check:
- Cadillac goes for nearly 100 total yards
- Davis & Foster combine for just under 70 total yards. Not bad but not great.
- Jamal Lewis is having probably his worst season yet, he can't get yards against even the weakest teams
- Kevin Jones is an OK runner on a horrible team
- Droughns (not Draughns) went for just about 100 total yards and he's on almost as bad of a team as Jones
- Chester Taylor is a backup who just recently has been starting to steal carries from Lewis, I don't know how many carries he got in the game against the bears but I don't think it's really far to say you kept him in check if he only got a handful of attempts.

So your red zone D is pretty good but you are still getting run on by what I would consider OK backs when compared to Alexander. It's kind of pointless to keep going back and forth, maybe we'll actually get to see what would happen if they ever played each other.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
dfinn said:
I would call "Cadillac Williams, Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones, Reuben Draughns and Chester Taylol" all very average when compared to someone like Shaun Alexander.

But let's go over some examples of what you call keeping in check:
- Cadillac goes for nearly 100 total yards
- Davis & Foster combine for just under 70 total yards. Not bad but not great.
- Jamal Lewis is having probably his worst season yet, he can't get yards against even the weakest teams
- Kevin Jones is an OK runner on a horrible team
- Droughns (not Draughns) went for just about 100 total yards and he's on almost as bad of a team as Jones
- Chester Taylor is a backup who just recently has been starting to steal carries from Lewis, I don't know how many carries he got in the game against the bears but I don't think it's really far to say you kept him in check if he only got a handful of attempts.

So your red zone D is pretty good but you are still getting run on by what I would consider OK backs when compared to Alexander. It's kind of pointless to keep going back and forth, maybe we'll actually get to see what would happen if they ever played each other.
What's pointless is trying to argue football with someone who doesnt understand it.
red zone d is not "pretty good" its actually #1 in the NFL.
Foster and Davis combining for 70 yards is not "not bad" its actually pretty terrible, as that was basically the team's rushing total for the ENTIRE GAME. Compare that to the league's #1 rush defense and tell me which number is better...if you're capable of researching that stat.
Droughns and Jones both are good backs who went for over 1,000 yards last year if Im not mistaken, and Chester Taylor is averaging better than 5 yards a carry.
But again, this stats are but a spec in the grand scheme of the game. No one SCORES ANY POINTS on them.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Yup, probably has nothing to do with them being in the weakest division in football. Anybody catch that article in ESPN magazine about it, it was pretty funny.

I'm not saying their defense isn't good, but the teams they have played that are decent have beat them pretty bad: Cincy for example.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
dfinn said:
Yup, probably has nothing to do with them being in the weakest division in football. Anybody catch that article in ESPN magazine about it, it was pretty funny.
You mean weaker than the AFC East? Check the records chief.
ESPN also said that Philly was going back to the super bowl this year and tried to pass off Michael Irvin as an announcer. Im not surprised, given your arguments so far, that ESPN is your source for sports info. You probably watch Fox news too.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
You seem to be taking this pretty personal, you might want to calm down. it's just the internet.

you got me with the afc east, however I think the records would be much closer had Duante not gotten hurt which has led to the Vikings going on a run.

I never claimed the best defense in the NFL is in the AFC east (although the Pats looked damn good last year).

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
dfinn said:
You seem to be taking this pretty personal, you might want to calm down. it's just the internet.
we are bears fans- there is no talking down the monsters of the midway them are fightin words...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ummbikes said:
I haven't heard much about Pittburgs vaunted offence so far. But I'm sure we hear more now that they whipped the Bears.
A lot of football is about matchups. NFL teams are usually built to beat the teams they play most, for the Bears this means teams that pass more. The Steelers steamrolled them on the ground but can get beat by the Ravens who suck but are pretty much built around playing the Steelers. That being said an AFC team usually loses against a solid AFC team