Quantcast

Super Bears!!!!!!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
They win again. Pick off Farvah FOUR times to win 10 of their last 11.

Clinch NFC North and 1st round playoff bye.

How bout that Skookum?:)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dont get too carried away, Farve almost pulled that one out at the end...another quarter, or set of downs, and theending may have been different
As a Bears fan, married into a Packer fan-ily, I have caught heck the past few years, and gotten used to the Bears dropping heartbreakers. Felt sweet to sweep the Pack this year!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
JohnE said:
Dont get too carried away, Farve almost pulled that one out at the end...another quarter, or set of downs, and theending may have been different
As a Bears fan, married into a Packer fan-ily, I have caught heck the past few years, and gotten used to the Bears dropping heartbreakers. Felt sweet to sweep the Pack this year!
Don't worry, the Bears will fold under the pressure of a solid team. Hell, Pittsburgh isn't even a really good team and they beat the Bears into the ground.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I was really impressed that Grossman didn't break anything, I swear my 99 year old gramma can take a hit better than him....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
JohnE said:
:nopity:
Farvah throws that pic to end the game 10 out of 10 times these days. GB was lucky to even be in the game.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MunkeeHucker said:
I was really impressed that Grossman didn't break anything, I swear my 99 year old gramma can take a hit better than him....
He's never actually been injured on a hit before, but yes, you may have quite a tough grandmother I guess. :confused:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Pure luck i say.....

Gross Man 1303 yards for "career"

Hasselback 3383 yards for "this season"

Your Cuddly Wuddly bears are totally lucky to be where they're at, even with their Cuddly Wuddly soft season they've had.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
Skookum said:
Pure luck i say.....

Your Cuddly Wuddly bears are totally lucky to be where they're at, even with their Cuddly Wuddly soft season they've had.
How many bears games have you watched? Obviously not enough to know that they've won games because they are the better team. Because they know how to win. This would imply that unlucky teams loose. So I guess that teams like Green Bay and the Texans are really awesome but unlucky. That is why they loose? I seem to been completly confused by your arguement. :confused:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
kizzi77 said:
I seem to been completly confused by your arguement. :confused:
That's pretty easy to do to someone who actually thinks the Bears have a rat's ass chance in hell to do something in the playoffs.:oink:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
BurlyShirley said:
He's never actually been injured on a hit before, but yes, you may have quite a tough grandmother I guess. :confused:
She is tough Broke her hip last Thanksgiving(2004 She was 98) and was walking before goundhogs day(2005).

Grossman's last two injuries weren't hits just tore himself up running around but I do recall getting a broken bone in his hand at the end of his rookie year.

Don't get me wrong I am a closet Bear's fan, it's just that QB has never been there strong suit.

Do you know what QB holds the Team record for passing yards?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skookum said:
That's pretty easy to do to someone who actually thinks the Bears have a rat's ass chance in hell to do something in the playoffs.:oink:
As an impartial observer who really doesn't give a monkey turd who goes to the Super Bowl, I see the Bears winning maybe one playoff game and losing the NFC championship. I think they'll struggle against a team with any kind of offense (Washington, NYG, Seattle), but I think they'll pound the likes of Tampa Bay and Carolina.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
Actually,
If you consider that the Seahawks' division is the weakest in all of football. (with no other, even competitiveteam) And that they also played maybe the second weakest division (ie. Texans, Titans, Jaguars (who they lost to i think) and 3rd String Colts' players...one could make the argument that Seattle has had the easiest schedule in all of the entire league.
...but dont bother to take the facts into account or anything.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MunkeeHucker said:
Actually Erik Kramer leads all Bears QB's for passing yards........
Not possible. He only played like 2 or 3 years. Maybe career yards, but yard w/ Chicago?

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
that may be,As Sid Luckman was good in his day, not dominate. but 14,000 career yards is not that impressive today considering that the Houston Texans David Carr is already over 10,000 yards in thier brief tenure.

These numbers our what hall of famers are made of.....

Most Yards Gained, Career
61,361 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983-1999
51,475 John Elway, Denver, 1983-1998
49,734 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2001

Most Seasons, 3,000 or More Yards Passing
13 Dan Marino, Miami, 1984-1992, 1994-95, 1997-98
Brett Favre, Green Bay, 1992-2004
12 John Elway, Denver, 1985-1991, 1993-97
9 Warren Moon, Houston, 1984, 1986, 1989-1991, 1993; Minnesota, 1994-95; Seattle, 1997

Most Yards Gained, Season
5,084 Dan Marino, Miami, 1984
4,830 Kurt Warner, St. Louis, 2001
4,802 Dan Fouts, San Diego, 1981

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MunkeeHucker said:
that may be, but 14,000 career yards is not that impressive today considering that the Houston Texans David Carr is already over 10,000 yards in thier brief tenure.
Not to turn this thread into a greatest QB debate...but the game has changed alot since Luckman played....in case you didnt know. The passing game wasnt very highly evolved in those days.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
True, and that goes back to my ORIGINAL point the Bears have never had a Dominating QB! its ok you can admit it. The bears have had great teams, great RB's (sweetness RIP), legendary Defense's.
They have even had a glimmer of QB, success, but nothing ever long term nor dominating.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
...uh, you just made that point 2 posts ago, and in his day, Luckman was as good a QB as there was. Hence, the Hall of Fame induction.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
when push come to shove Bears fans always resort to the same reply....DITKA!

but Da' Coach didn't throw the ball and helped get Flutie to Canada!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MunkeeHucker said:
when push come to shove Bears fans always resort to the same reply....DITKA!

but Da' Coach didn't throw the ball and helped get Flutie to Canada!
Actually, that's just tools that act like Bear fans. And flutie is still too small.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlyShirley said:
...but dont bother to take the facts into account or anything.
Ok i won't

The Bears whole team rushing

attempts 455
yards 1945
avg 4.3
touchdowns 11

Shaun Alexander

attempts 350 (note less attempts)
yards 1807
avg 5.2
touchdowns 26

And remember the Seahawks favor the pass while the Bears favor the run. As well as the fact that Seattle constantly takes Alexander out of games early.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
seattle will stomp the bears. the bears were lucky to beat a punchless packers team (if longwell was halfway proficient). i'd say carolina beats chicago too.