Quantcast

Super Bowl!!!1!!11

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
glad to see you're sober.

the commercials have sucked as much as the game so far. Some good defensive plays tho.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
How come all of the clips of players with the trophy have all been steelers?

Its too obvious. I am going to go ride.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Zman said:
how many calls can the refs blow though? i mean they have it out for seattle
Jesus, was it THAT obvious that EVERYONE was helping the Steelers at every turn? Offensive pass interference? Bull. Touchdown? Never touched the goal line except after it was down. Illegal block down low after the pick? Horsesh!t.

Interesting how there were maybe 2 penalties on Pittsburgh, but what....10 on Seattle? And twice you could see pittsburgh come over the line before the snap, but no call.

Not really a great either. Oh well, at least this crappy season is over.

robdamanii said:
Jesus, was it THAT obvious that EVERYONE was helping the Steelers at every turn? Offensive pass interference? Bull. Touchdown? Never touched the goal line except after it was down. Illegal block down low after the pick? Horsesh!t.

Interesting how there were maybe 2 penalties on Pittsburgh, but what....10 on Seattle? And twice you could see pittsburgh come over the line before the snap, but no call.

Not really a great either. Oh well, at least this crappy season is over.
even if that TD wasnt called due to penalty, it woudl ahve been 2 field goals more, that is 6 points, and been a 1 score game, this whoel gamne was bullcaca

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
And those little skits with the player holding the ball, how many of them were the seahawks? I saw one.

It's like they knew who would win before the game.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Well they script wrestling and boxing so why not football in the final game.

$$$$

Holmgrens absence was telling. Throw old man Rooney a bone, maybe they'll take pity on Seattle next year and throw us a bone. By that time though i'll be alot less interested in the game.

This just didn't appear on the level.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Zman said:
dont know one off the top of my head....give me more background maybe, i suck with names
i just ask because i swear that was his avatar for a while...around the time he got the helmet that's on the little beaver.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm glad to see Bettis get a ring. He was great at Notre Dame and now he can retire and go bowling.

I wanted to see Seattle win, but it was our first trip to the big dance.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I even watched the second half of the game, and from reading this with the exception of jimmydean, seems like those who went for Seattle are a bit sore about it, it's only a game, not like your life is pending on it. Seattle just played like it was their first time there and heck it was afterall, remember the steelers played Cincinatti first the 3rd seed in the AFC, Indy second, the 1st seed in the AFC and Denver, the 2nd seed in the AFC. Indy and Seattle were very similar teams this past season, so I'm really not suprised at all. I do agree though that the job of officiating the game stunk.

Rip said:
I even watched the second half of the game, and from reading this with the exception of jimmydean, seems like those who went for Seattle are a bit sore about it, it's only a game, not like your life is pending on it. Seattle just played like it was their first time there and heck it was afterall, remember the steelers played Cincinatti first the 3rd seed in the AFC, Indy second, the 1st seed in the AFC and Denver, the 2nd seed in the AFC. Indy and Seattle were very similar teams this past season, so I'm really not suprised at all. I do agree though that the job of officiating the game stunk.
oh i have only watched this game this year. so obviously my life does not depend on it (nor do i really care in the long run) but i am from seattle (or at least last place i lived) and was rooting for them. if they had lost with decent officials, wouldnt have cared in the least, but the fact that i beleive they truly affected the outcome of the game...yeah no so good.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
as officiating goes, I thought that the Seehawks TD that was called back in the first half was ticky-tacky... I thought that both players were pushing off... you have to let them play on that and if you call one call the other... plays offset, and replay the down!!! other than that the second half was much better played by the Steelers!

as a 'Burgher I am stoked, every one is going nuts outside our house, honking, and hanging out of cars even though it is only 25 degrees!!! there are parties in the streets, and although it all looks fun, I have to work EARLY in the morn, so I'm going to bed!!!

Way to go Seahawks and Steelers, on a nailbiter of a game...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The old cliche rings true, defense wins Championships. Steelers offence sucked it up but when they got their act together they scored. Seattle looked good but got stopped in the red zone. Steelers are great defenders in the red zone, look at the stats. Looks like a lot of the Seahawks fans are sore loosers. I hope they can wash off all the face paint before they have to go to work tomorrow.

Westy said:
The old cliche rings true, defense wins Championships. Steelers offence sucked it up but when they got their act together they scored. Seattle looked good but got stopped in the red zone. Steelers are great defenders in the red zone, look at the stats. Looks like a lot of the Seahawks fans are sore loosers. I hope they can wash off all the face paint before they have to go to work tomorrow.

as i said i think most peopel here will go fairs fair if it was decided on teh field, not on multiple bad calls by the reffs. (low block from qb on the interception? come on that was a tackle) and things like that.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
ZMAN
oh i have only watched this game this year. so obviously my life does not depend on it (nor do i really care in the long run) but i am from seattle (or at least last place i lived) and was rooting for them. if they had lost with decent officials, wouldnt have cared in the least, but the fact that i beleive they truly affected the outcome of the game...yeah no so good.
The Steelers almost lost the game against Indy due to bad officiating... tonights game was not "BAD OFFICIATING" in fact it was fairly even in calls and "no calls" there were several times holding could have been called against both teams and wasn't. the refs let the game transpire and let the players play.
The Seahawks played a great game! dont undermine their efforts and cheapen the quality of plays they did make by blaming the officials.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The only call I thought could be questionable was the touchdown called back because of pass interference. The dude did push off, but that is a matter of interpretation. I thought the refs were consistent in that area, I did not see any other similar play where that wasn't called. Call that penalty back, best case scenario Seahawks lose by 3.

Westy said:
The only call I thought could be questionable was the touchdown called back because of pass interference. The dude did push off, but that is a matter of interpretation. I thought the refs were consistent in that area, I did not see any other similar play where that wasn't called. Call that penalty back, best case scenario Seahawks lose by 3.
would have been happy if that had happened, i think it was just too much of a discrepancy cause of the calls

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Zman said:
would have been happy if that had happened, i think it was just too much of a discrepancy cause of the calls
What other play did you see where you though P.I. should have been called. I thought the Steelers secondary played a very clean game. Actually I was a litte let down when they sacked Hasselback and didn't try to really hit him hard.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im no seahawks fan, but I think they kind of got jobbed. Not only on the TD callback, but just with how penalties seemed to stop any kind of flow they had. Also on numerous third downs, BLATANT holds by Pitt O linemen werent called. Specifically on the Rothelsberger draw play up the middle. That was a big down and the refs blew it.
Also, how do you call a low block on Hasselbeck making a tackle? WTF?
And refs need to quit being so trigger happy with the whistle and let some of those fumble/inc. passes play out.
Anyway, who cares? I won $10 in the end.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Huh, I thought I was watching the game closely, but maybe I missed it when the NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue ran right up the middle for a 75 yard touchdown run for the Steelers. And I guess it could have been Paul T again on that end around trick play who threw that bomb to Hines Ward. Then he must have suited up in a Seahawks uniform and missed two field goals in a dome, before he went on to put on a Hasselback jersey and lawdart an interception right at the endzone. And then in the 4th quarter finally Paul T-dawg kept repeatedly busting up the Seattle line for first down after first down to run out the clock.
Maybe Hines Ward should just hand Paul the MVP trophy.
Come on Hawk fans, you're better than that. You guys had the second best team in the NFL this year, that is something to be proud of. Being a sore loser is not.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Jeremy R said:
Huh, I thought I was watching the game closely, but maybe I missed it when the NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue ran right up the middle for a 75 yard touchdown run for the Steelers. And I guess it could have been Paul T again on that end around trick play who threw that bomb to Hines Ward. Then he must have suited up in a Seahawks uniform and missed two field goals in a dome, before he went on to put on a Hasselback jersey and lawdart an interception right at the endzone. And then in the 4th quarter finally Paul T-dawg kept repeatedly busting up the Seattle line for first down after first down to run out the clock.
Maybe Hines Ward should just hand Paul the MVP trophy.
Come on Hawk fans, you're better than that. You guys had the second best team in the NFL this year, that is something to be proud of. Being a sore loser is not.
the refs still gave the steelers a touchdown they shoudn't of gotten and raped seattle out of one they should have. That call of a low block ON A FREAKIN TACKLE was lame, considering it set up the steelers for that play. I saw lots of other cheap shots that weren't called. and so on. They were even trying to make it suddle.

I don't even like seattle that much anyways.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
chicodude said:
the refs still gave the steelers a touchdown they shoudn't of gotten and raped seattle out of one they should have. That call of a low block ON A FREAKIN TACKLE was lame, considering it set up the steelers for that play. I saw lots of other cheap shots that weren't called. and so on. They were even trying to make it suddle.

I don't even like seattle that much anyways.

Actual football fans know all the ball has to do is cross the plane.
On that touchdown the ball crossed while Roth was in the air, then he got hit, and when he came down the ball was not across the goal line.
But it only has to cross while he is in the air to count.
If the super bowl is the only game you watch all year, then I can see
why some peeps get confused on the rules.
Seattle got a holding call, and then on top of that, they sacked Hasselback to knock them out of field goal range. They must have been T-dawg again swarming in on the sack.
The penalty on Hassleback for the low block was crap,
but it did come on the same play he just chunked an interception on.

And I don't even like the Steelers at all.