Quantcast

Super Bowl!!!1!!11

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Ya you guys probably right, who cares. It was a sloppy game and J. Stevens dropped passes, and Hasslebeck got a little zany. But there were some crappy calls. What ever, the 'Hawks should have played better.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Jeremy R said:
Actual football fans know all the ball has to do is cross the plane.
On that touchdown the ball crossed while Roth was in the air, then he got hit, and when he came down the ball was not across the goal line.
But it only has to cross while he is in the air to count.
If the super bowl is the only game you watch all year, then I can see
why some peeps get confused on the rules.
Seattle got a holding call, and then on top of that, they sacked Hasselback to knock them out of field goal range. They must have been T-dawg again swarming in on the sack.
The penalty on Hassleback for the low block was crap,
but it did come on the same play he just chunked an interception on.

And I don't even like the Steelers at all.
I don't watch foolballs at all, and I know that rule. The ball didn't cross the plane. Check the replay.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Westy said:
The only call I thought could be questionable was the touchdown called back because of pass interference. The dude did push off, but that is a matter of interpretation. I thought the refs were consistent in that area, I did not see any other similar play where that wasn't called. Call that penalty back, best case scenario Seahawks lose by 3.

If this play wasnt in the endzone they probably would not have called it. But according to the rules it was P.I. he pushed off. Its one thing to let it go for a first down but for 6 no way need to make that call. The chop block was questionable but I didnt see a good replay, if he hit someone other that the ball carrier it was a good call.

There wasnt a tuck rule call like when my Raiders got screwed, so I would say all in all the officials were ok

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Championship teams should be able to overcome questionable officiating and win anyway. Pittsburgh did it agaisnt Indy. Suck it up, Seahawks fans...you got beat.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That was the most boring game I have ever seen. There was exactly ONE exciting play, that trick end around option thing. Worst officiating ever. Don't think I've ever seen a team get 7 points for almost scoring before. For all the bitching and moaning by the Steelers that the refs had it in for them in the Indy game, well the refs sure handed this game to them.

Three thumbs down.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
chicodude said:
I don't watch foolballs at all, and I know that rule.

Bobby, I don't want you playing the fooseball! Fooseball is the devel!

To be serious: I didn't like the call-back on the seahawks TD and Rotheshowdoyouspellit's TD didn't break the plane....but if your Seattle, you have to play though that. You regroup and come back on the next series. You can't blame the officials. Pitt just outplayed them. Seattle had their chances and the chips just didn't fall their way.

I thought it was an enjoyable game. Exciting plays, lead changes, Seattle rallying, Pitt holding them off, cheap beer in my belly. Maybe it was because I didn't have a dog in this fight, but I wasn't complaining.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I thought there was some bad officiating there, too, seems like they had it in for Seattle. I don't think Seattle was robbed of the win, though.

That one questionable TD by Pittsburgh was, IMO, a bad call. I know the rule, and I still don't think the ball crossed the plane.

I thought the trick play with Randel El was awesome, though :thumb:

The game set at least three records that I'm aware of. Longest kick return, longest running play, and longest pass by a wide receiver in superbowl history. At least they weren't the stupid records like, "longest run on a Tuesday by a running back with a last name starting with "D", with the winds blowing out of the north-east, and the barometric pressure dropping."

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You forgot "Lowest QB rating to ever win a SB" Rothelhoff had a 22.

Freaking terrible.

Im pulling for the refs next year.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
I thought there was some bad officiating there, too, seems like they had it in for Seattle. I don't think Seattle was robbed of the win, though.

That one questionable TD by Pittsburgh was, IMO, a bad call. I know the rule, and I still don't think the ball crossed the plane.

I thought the trick play with Randel El was awesome, though :thumb:
it was telling to hear both Steve Young and Michael Irvin (two guys who know a bit about pass interference) both say @ halftime that the ref should have swallowed his whistle.

the Ben R TD...anyone notice that the ref was running in as if to spot the ball, then signaled for a TD? WTF? granted this was an extremely close call, and the chances of a ref (probably an old guy whose reflexes have diminshed) getting that split-second call correct isn't the same as a measured, slo-mo replay review.

the trick play did work well; maybe randle el should be @ QB.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I think it was cool that the Steeler QB is 23yo and won a superbowl....

But Pitts were outplayed by Seattle and Seattle was outplayed by the Ref's.

Good goob Ref's. :thumb: :p