Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So who's your pick to win the Super Bowl? My gut tells me Pittsburgh in a close game, though I will be cheering for Arizona.

Anyone got any plans for the game?

May anyone who feels the need to post a negative comment in this thread get negative repped into oblivion.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The fact that the Cards lost a bunch of easy games after winning their division tells me they might not have the mental toughness to handle the stress of the 'bowl. Steelers have been playing tough teams in close high stakes games pretty much from week 1 so I think they have the edge.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So who's your pick to win the Super Bowl? My gut tells me Pittsburgh in a close game, though I will be cheering for Arizona.
:stupid:

I'm still in shock that Arizona made it to the show.

I'm making homemade pizzas and having a couple people over to drink my booze and enjoy the new TV.

:banana:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The fact that the Cards lost a bunch of easy games after winning their division tells me they might not have the mental toughness to handle the stress of the 'bowl. Steelers have been playing tough teams in close high stakes games pretty much from week 1 so I think they have the edge.
I agree, but I think Arizona has a chance because they are playing really well right now. It's not always the better team that wins the Super Bowl. I think Arizona would get spanked if this game was being played five weeks ago, but they seem to have gotten it together at the perfect time. I still think they lose, but it should be an entertaining game. High powered offense vs tough defense.

Being a Rams fan, I am still a huge Kurt Warner fan.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I agree, but I think Arizona has a chance because they are playing really well right now. It's not always the better team that wins the Super Bowl. I think Arizona would get spanked if this game was being played five weeks ago, but they seem to have gotten it together at the perfect time. I still think they lose, but it should be an entertaining game. High powered offense vs tough defense.

Being a Rams fan, I am still a huge Kurt Warner fan.
I just want to see the Steeler give them the same brutal treatment they handed out to the Ravens. If the cards can handle it they have a chance

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Considering the lead in story on the Philly sports is always titled "It Should have Been Us" I hope AZ wins.

But with no Lingerie Bowl this year, who cares?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My money is on the Stillers. And that's not just because I grew up in Pittsburgh. They are a tough team, period. Even in their off years. They're a veteran superbowl team, so they are used to the additional pressure. They've got the #1 defense in the league, but just as importantly they are good at making long 3rd down conversions, and doing it consistently.

I think its gonna be a good, close game though. With the Card in their first SB appearance, they certainly don't want to get embarassed.

I'm going out and stocking up on beer. And getting a deep fryer to make my own chicken wings.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I want the Cards to win simply because I don't want to see "Da Steelers are teh awesomeest" threads started by .pitsteelers. AKA nostradumbass.

Ride that was planned in Arkansas is more than likely going to be canceled on account of this past week's ice storm...so I might go and watch the game with my Dad.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm going to be cheering on the Cards.

Like Stinkyboy, I'm just shocked they made it.

Should be good times, no matter what.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
As a longtime Steeler fan I of course have my money on them. I'll have the pleasure of watching the game while on vacation in Costa Rica. Had to make sure the game would be available in our villa but they assure us we're good to go.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As a longtime Steeler fan I of course have my money on them. I'll have the pleasure of watching the game while on vacation in Costa Rica. Had to make sure the game would be available in our villa but they assure us we're good to go.
This is the first time in three years that I won't be watching the game at BrianHCM's Tahoe house while trashing the place. :(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ditka

steelers by a few or so. I love the steelers, but I'm mostly interested in the annual power hour and food coma from chicken wings, chili, queso, and all the rest of the goodness.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my friend is making his traditional huge pot of red beans and rice, and i think we are gonna go skating beforehand w/ the kids. should be fun

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
The team that will win this will be the ones who respond the best from the week off and have prepared the best for the game. Seeing how the Cardinals are a momentum oriented team. Having a week off can be a big blow to them. I seriously want to pick Arizona, but I just don't know how well they are going to respond after having the week off. The steelers are the more experienced team, but it depends on which Roethlisberger shows up for the game and that the Cardinals head coach was formerly an offensive coordinator for the steelers under Cowher, so he does know the offense.

Which leaves me at no preference. Should be a good game though.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Oddsmakers have it at a touchdown. They are probably being conservative, and I predict 10pts.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I think the Cardinals will pull it out, and I guess I am cheering slightly more for them, since it'll be their 1st. I am super excited for some good football! I really like both teams, so either way I will be happy. Yay Super Bowl!! :weee:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I hope the Cards lose and lose bad. I have yet to forgive Bidwell for taking the gridbirds out of St. Louis.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Exactly my point. If the game was in a cold city, Arizona would be at a disadvantage playing a team like the Steelers.

Exhibit A: Patriots 47 Cardinals 7.
(Game was in Foxborough).
From what I interpreted your original point to be was that the weather would be an advantage to the Cards. Warm weather is an advantage for everybody and nobody, so its a draw.