Quantcast

Super Clean Gearbox out of NZ

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Looks like a Laha.... Wait a minute..... :think:
Nah someone about the pic makes it look nothing like a Lahar. Maybe just because the background suggests the bike might make it to people who paid for it without them getting totally screwed over and ripped off.

Just my opinion tho...

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Come on do we always need to bash Lahar.
Lets get ack on topic and stick with the Zerode....
It looks hawt

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Yes it looks like there is a tensioner on the backside of the chainstay. Look at the chain line.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
actually, it looks like there must already be one on there because of the angle the lower chain is traveling compared to where we should see it running off the cog
That’s what I thought but they may have chosen a commercial instead of proprietary tensioner though we can’t make it out from the provided photos.

If anyone knows the Mfg’s ask for more photos.

J

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
That’s what I thought but they may have chosen a commercial instead of proprietary tensioner though we can’t make it out from the provided photos.

If anyone knows the Mfg’s ask for more photos.

J
pretty sure it's proprietary, as it tensions the reverse of typical devices ie, up (omfg, just like the lahar).

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
You just unknowingly gave Aaron the lynchpin in his multi-million dollar IP lawsuit.....
ahahaha.

That really has got to be the cleanest looking DH bike I've ever seen.

As for belts/chains - chains are easier to tension, also low maintenance (seriously who ever "maintains" their chain other than to put a drop of lube on it and wipe it down with a rag?) and have the major advantage of being able to be broken and re-joined. Belts make that kind of thing a hassle.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
The first run should be completed very shortly.

I am hopefully getting one sent here soon. I'm seriously looking forward to riding that bike.

For those that missed the last thread, here's some pics:

This is the proto being ridden by Dodzy (one of the designers) in one of the NZ nats. This boy flew on a 48lb steel prototype, getting top tens in pro. Note: the finished bike should easily be built up under 40lb.

This is the 'cardboard' mock-up built up.

Dodzy at the factory. This bike is not yet finished at this stage, with some refining processes to take place.

Dodzy & Rob are good friends of mine and I'm excited for them in this project.

Don't let this thread turn into a sht-fest like the other one did.

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
This is the proto being ridden by Dodzy (one of the designers) in one of the NZ nats. This boy flew on a 48lb steel prototype, getting top tens in pro. Note: the finished bike should easily be built up under 40lb.
More like top 5, he would have been the fastest and most consistent kiwi to race the whole national series, claimed the bike was worth ten seconds!

I hope he gets some good results at MSA and Bromont and the bikes do really well!