Quantcast

?? super co dh bike ???

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
anyone got any info on when doc will make and release super co's dh bike.. i cant wait would pay now if i can..
i heard a rumor that it might be unvailed at innerbike in september...
is this true???? please share if you know dont hold out!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You can't pay now, I already offered:redface:
that makes 2 of us.

Don't think they're gonna be unveiling anything at Interbike, but from what I've heard they have 2 full suspension bikes in the works and they'd like to have them ready to roll for next year.

This is the newest full suss that exists (just to tide you over)... the RaceLink WC... it was a one off that Doc made while he was still at BMW and was exploring ways to modernize the racelink... weighs in at a shade over 38lbs too...

Last edited:

mike425

Monkey
Apr 16, 2004
I also cant wait for this. I emailed them about a month ago, and heres the reply I got.

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your interest in SuperCo and regard for Doc's work over the years. He is finalizing drawings for a couple full suspension bikes. We expect to have prototypes in testing this summer then head into production late fall/early winter.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Otherwise you are welcomed to check back with as in a few months if you get a hankering for an update.

Thanks again,
Terry Seeberg

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I also cant wait for this. I emailed them about a month ago, and heres the reply I got.

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your interest in SuperCo and regard for Doc's work over the years. He is finalizing drawings for a couple full suspension bikes. We expect to have prototypes in testing this summer then head into production late fall/early winter.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Otherwise you are welcomed to check back with as in a few months if you get a hankering for an update.

Thanks again,
Terry Seeberg
I believe Terry posts on here.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hi Dest. Chances are slim the DH proto will be at IB. Drop me a line if you plan on being in Vegas or Providence RI so I can email you if we end up bringing it. Or them. ;)

We aren't taking deposits anytime soon but if you buy a t-shirt you'll be helping to keep the South Bend chugging and argon in the tank.

Hey Sverre, how was Whistler? (<dumb question) Any good pics to share?! Did you meet any RM folks, maybe xy9ine or w00dy?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
is anyone else praying for a shortish travel version, ala minilink? In a light frame?

I am not really in the market for a large dh sled but a mini dh style version would be amazing...:cheers:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hi Dest. Chances are slim the DH proto will be at IB. Drop me a line if you plan on being in Vegas or Providence RI so I can email you if we end up bringing it. Or them. ;)

We aren't taking deposits anytime soon but if you buy a t-shirt you'll be helping to keep the South Bend chugging and argon in the tank.

Hey Sverre, how was Whistler? (<dumb question) Any good pics to share?! Did you meet any RM folks, maybe xy9ine or w00dy?
w00dy and i got a run in late one day, i believe schleyer to crack addict somehow (cant remember how that run went) my hands were about to fall off the bars.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
is anyone else praying for a shortish travel version, ala minilink? In a light frame?

I am not really in the market for a large dh sled but a mini dh style version would be amazing...:cheers:
the word was (at one point) that there (could be) two squishy bikes in development - a sled & something smaller. so yeah, possibly maybe.

poor doc - heaps of anticipation from a sizable crowd of long time fans - just a little pressure to bust out something brilliant.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the word was (at one point) that there (could be) two squishy bikes in development - a sled & something smaller. so yeah, possibly maybe.

poor doc - heaps of anticipation from a sizable crowd of long time fans - just a little pressure to bust out something brilliant.
poor doc indeed! It must be a terrible predicament to have customers already willing to pay him money for bikes that don't exist yet! :biggrin:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
poor doc indeed! It must be a terrible predicament to have customers already willing to pay him money for bikes that don't exist yet! :biggrin:
that CAN be a problem with small companies actually; develop an awesome product & not have the resources to meet demand. dh'ers are technologically fickle (as tech is rapidly evolving), and generally not willing to put up with huge wait times (unlike say, 29'ers that'll wait well over a year for a custom jones). it's a delicate balancing act to keep a boutique shop afloat in this industry. granted, doc & co have some experience at this & i'm sure will do fine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that CAN be a problem with small companies actually; develop an awesome product & not have the resources to meet demand. dh'ers are technologically fickle (as tech is rapidly evolving), and generally not willing to put up with huge wait times (unlike say, 29'ers that'll wait well over a year for a custom jones). it's a delicate balancing act to keep a boutique shop afloat in this industry. granted, doc & co have some experience at this & i'm sure will do fine.
Yes, it CAN be a problem (coughcoughlaharcoughcough), but this is Doc we're talking about. He produces very boutique bikes, but still, they are (usually) not customs/one offs. Also, most people who are buying his bikes know what to expect.

Personally, I'd be super pumped if he just put the WCRL into production... the racelink was a great bike, just needed a modern tubeset and geometry.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Yes, it CAN be a problem (coughcoughlaharcoughcough), but this is Doc we're talking about. He produces very boutique bikes, but still, they are (usually) not customs/one offs. Also, most people who are buying his bikes know what to expect.
yeah, aaron is a rather special example. awesomely enough, both my current bikes are from (more or less) defunct companies, as pdc called it quits after only a couple small runs. seems i jinx whomever i buy from (or, i should know better than buying from unproven upstarts). i do like supporting the little guys with great designs though. i'm almost hoping the new hardware isn't TOO sweet; justifying new bike purchases to the wife is never an easy task.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ok #1 I'm jealous that you have a PDC, I was looking at one of those bikes a while ago, and I'm kicking myself for not getting it when I had the chance.

#2 I also enjoy supporting the smaller, independent frame fabricators. There's just more soul in the bikes they build.

#3 I think over the years Doc has definitely proven himself as not only a quality frame builder, but also with the support he gives to those who buy his bikes. His design work is great, execution is some of the best out there, and his designs also allow for a fair bit of customization, but more importantly upgradability (if that's even a word)

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Doc wont put anything out unless it is tested and perfect. Sucks that Pkill wont be his testing grounds anymore.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I'm hoping it's a WCRL, but I doubt it. I wish it was.
I hope he keeps the Jackshaft, I like the ground clearance and gearing possibilities. I hope he doesn't have doubt in his previuos designs, right is right, there's no need to make any new swanky designs to prove himself. He has designed arguably the best suspension DH frame ever, simple.
Bring on the Frankenlink;)
F*** it, who wants to chuck in for some fancy tubing and we'll just get it delivered to his place, hold a coo, take Doc hostage and get em made?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
as bb's get lower, the jackshaft makes more sense (take a look at the m6's ring clearance for example). plus, it just looks cool - and differentiates the bikes from the masses (for what it's worth). love to see something light (some sweet high-tech steel tubeset, super whittled alu bits & heaps of ti), slack & slammed (with adjustable shock or link mount for a silly low / slack option), but with the general aesthetics (compact & elegant / classic lines, straight skinny tubes) of the old rl. i'm salivating over my fantasy scdh bike already...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the more i read this thread the more excited i get about the possibility of a light ish 26" minilink style bike. I have always loved that bike and would kill for a version i could build to a superlight dh bike...

Just when i thought i had my setup on lock down this thread pops up, love my existing bike but i would trade up for this. I am hoping for some proto pics from IB.