Quantcast

Super D at Southridge Park, Fontana, CA

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Has anyone ever done this event at Fontana. The races are usually run by the peeps at www.southridgeusa.com I race beginner in the DH event, but I'm starting to think I might fit better in the Super D.

I'm just looking for input as what to expect in the average course there or any super D course for that matter. Any input yall may have would be greatly appreciated.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Sherms,
You will still have to ride the DH course -same course as you would race on in the standard DH format. The only difference is that you will be climbing from the Water Tank drop off spot (typically a starting point) to the start gate (or a designated spot to join up with the DH course on top), and then onto the DH course.

It's open so you get to pass other racers along the way, that is, if you outclimbed some of the folks on the field first. Big Bear (and other places) actually use different courses for Super D, independent of the standard DH course.. As indicative of the number of racers signing up (or lack thereof) for Super D at Fontana, it doesn't really seem as interesting and not true to the roots of the original Super D format.

Are you wigging out for Nov....??? Andy and Adrian will kick your ass if you opt for after all the smack talking you three has gotten into. :p

The_Sluck

Chimp
May 14, 2007
dude this better not be a cop out....

you're way up $#!7-talk creek to get out of racing us now. haha

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
dude this better not be a cop out....

you're way up $#!7-talk creek to get out of racing us now. haha
Super D is on SAT. Trust me.... I'll still have enough juice to sprint the extra long wall section on SUN. Don sez that in order to make it really interesting and competitive (since it is the 16th annual Southridge CHALLENGE) the wall section has been lengthened to a full half mile :thumb:

edit: sluck.. if you really wanna compete, come join me in super D Sat then DH on Sun. That way you'll have one up on LuvBunny's faster brother. ooo, maybe Super D is one tool we can use to lure out Ed Lubba to race day.