Quantcast

SUper SIze Me...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Wow, just wow...

I missed the first 15 minutes or so when I guess they were talking about the whole 30 day plan. Was he suppose to stop being active? I wonder how much detox he would have gotten out of running 2 miles a day or something :think:

Anyway, the liver thing was insane. And the mood thing... I actually understand that. I ate almost all fast food there for a while (mostly Wendy's) it was 100 yards from my house :nope:... and I would get really pissy if I was hungry and then be in a wonderful mood after eating.

ANyway, whats shocking... I know people that eat 75% fast food, probably more than that. And when I was a kid in middleschool it was when the fast food companies forst started serving most of the food in schools (mainly McD's and Arby's) and its still that way, its just fuhking scary after watching this movie. Screw fast food... I'm not eating it ever again unless I'm starving and its the only thing for miles.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
On our way to Fruita a couple weekends ago we stopped by Booger-King to get dinner. Was the first time I'd been there in a coon's age. I ordered the "medium" size meal thing and it came with a phukkin' QUART of Coke.

A phukkin' QUART! :confused: WTF?

-S.S.-

EDIT: Last night the wife made caprese with fresh tomato and basil from the sunroom and 3-cheese ravioli with buttered sage sauce. Peach crisp for dessert..... :drool: Now THAT'S good eatin' :thumb:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
It's been great in Truckee. All of our fast food places are getting shut down. BK and Taco Bell gone. I heard that some new town law is running them all out. I kinda a scam of sorts. When their health department permits expire hey are simply not giving them a new one and buh-bye.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Ah... I've gotten used to it since one of my buddy's corporate email filters kept sending me back messages. :mumble:

And why, in God's name, would you respect *ME*? :confused:

-S.S.-

Got a friend that leases trucks and his email filter kicks out ass. How does a phucking truck driver send an email without using ass??? :confused:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dhtahoe said:
It's been great in Truckee. All of our fast food places are getting shut down. BK and Taco Bell gone. I heard that some new town law is running them all out. I kinda a scam of sorts. When their health department permits expire hey are simply not giving them a new one and buh-bye.
Where is that? I'm moving.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
And why, in God's name, would you respect *ME*? :confused:
Simply because you're one of four people on the planet who actually takes the time to punctuate, capitalize and spell properly in nearly all of your posts.

Which is why, with the introduction of "phukkin'" (you had to go through the steps of converting the "f" to a "ph", dropping the "c", adding an extra "k", and removing the "g". I mean, really.), I can no longer respect you.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

:D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
<snip>
Which is why, with the introduction of "phukkin'" (you had to go through the steps of converting the "f" to a "ph", dropping the "c", adding an extra "k", and removing the "g". I mean, really.), I can no longer respect you.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

:D
<sigh>
:o:
I'll try not to disturb anyone as I leave.....

-S.S.-

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Yeknomedir said:
Do you guys have good riding down there now? Northshore trails? DH shuttle etc.? When I was down there from 97-01 it was mainly alot of singletrack climbing...I know they run a few resort chairs, how's the runs?
It's sooooooooooo awesome in Truckee right now. Northstar rules and we just built a new DH trail called Godzilla. It has been raining here for 3 days so it's getting packed in real nice.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Best headline ever from The Onion:

"Michael Moore Kicks Self for not Filming Last 600 Trips to McDonald's"

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ive been sitting here reviewing the movie in my head... I like the part in the movie where he is ordering something in Texas... and he's like "Oh man you guys have a homestyle burger, whats the difference between that and this other burger" and the girl is like, this one has mayo and that one doesnt... LOL, I love marketing. I wonder how many people ordered the homestyle burger and were like, "WOW, this is the best burger McD's has ever had!!!!"

:think: Man, all this thinking about fast food is making me have to go take a supersized McSh!t.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i really liked that movie. When i left the theater i was going to grab a greasy burger and fries at Dicks drive thru, a small local burger joint. Just to prove to myself i wouldn't allow the movies premise to brainwash me. Haha i skipped the deluxe with fries that day haha. But i got over it, went there with a pal about a month ago after watching some Japanamation flick Ghost in the Shell 2. So the grease eventually wins the fight. :p

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I think the deal was, he was supposed to get the same amount of exercise as the average American. SAD.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Heidi said:
I think the deal was, he was supposed to get the same amount of exercise as the average American. SAD.
no doubt.....
it had a profound impact on the McDonalds corporation, which i found very interesting. Before, during, and after the release of the movie, McDonalds cleverly changed their McNuggets, eliminated their Super Size option, added and heavily promoted healthier salads on the menu.
it was an interesting movie for sure on weighing consumer decisions yet showing the coporate manipulation by subtle marketing techniques.
i think i'm gonna get a big mac meal now.... :cool:

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
dhtahoe said:
Have to make room for all the swanky new joints that will sell $12 burgers to the Donner-Tahoe people...