Quantcast

***Super Tuesderp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
honeycrisp and coffee doing their best to get my day off to a good start.

unfortunately they have to contend with ornery children and a morning-long senior leadership retreat.

#thestruggleisreal

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The weather peoples are calling for a big snow storm tonight. It appears that the majority of the cluster fuck causing morons stayed home as the freeway was clear sailing this morning. :clapping:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello now. Happy March! Another early morning swim. I dragged ass but got it done.

The new siding on the house is looking great. Hopefully it'll be wrapped up today or tomorrow. Yesterday I was just standing on the lawn looking at the house thinking, "This looks awesome!" Of course, the wife is already looking ahead to the next expensive project, either a new deck or new basement flooring (we need both).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Woke up at 6 to take my 5 year old bruiser to the Ymca for some running and soccer playing. He seems school is just for wrestling with other kids so I am trying to burn off some of his energy before school.

Then bike ride to work on a sunny mild March first. Lowered the handle bar on the road bike and it feels much better it was like riding a chopper before.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yesterday I got called "too skinny" by a guy who is obese and a chain smoker. The irony here is that my BMI is right in the middle of "normal" range, and I can out eat just about everybody I know.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Skiing yesterday is just a distant memory. back at the cube farm. I am anxiously awaiting the cancellation of school buses tomorrow due to the 8" of snow that is supposed to fall :think:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Took a chest x ray on Sunday to confirm I don't have a pulmonary embelizim. I don't thankfully. Got a call yesterday afternoon where she said, we looked a the x ray more and we found a shadow... it's either your nipple or it could be lung cancer. WTF man

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Took a chest x ray on Sunday to confirm I don't have a pulmonary embelizim. I don't thankfully. Got a call yesterday afternoon where she said, we looked a the x ray more and we found a shadow... it's either your nipple or it could be lung cancer. WTF man
Happened to a friend. He was also a farmers kid, lots of time out in the fields/orange groves. Turned out it was just dirt.

Well fuck... My Grandma passed this more ng at about 0300. That's a shitty message to get as I was leaving work
Sorry, Mike...

jaysus...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Currently exploring the job options world. I am constantly left wondering when you apply to a job and when don't you. Do you apply if you have 50% of the requested skills and experience? 75%? It often seems like someone puts together a wish-list of the ideal candidate and very few people will actually tick off all of those boxes. I never know when it's appropriate to to reach and when it's not.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yesterday I got called "too skinny" by a guy who is obese and a chain smoker. The irony here is that my BMI is right in the middle of "normal" range, and I can out eat just about everybody I know.
Response to this is as such: "No. You're just too fat." Then walk around quickly while he wheezes after you.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Currently exploring the job options world. I am constantly left wondering when you apply to a job and when don't you. Do you apply if you have 50% of the requested skills and experience? 75%? It often seems like someone puts together a wish-list of the ideal candidate and very few people will actually tick off all of those boxes. I never know when it's appropriate to to reach and when it's not.
When I applied for my current job, I thought I had about 70-80% of the skills/experience required based on the job description, and made it clear when interviewing I'm more than capable and eager to learn the remainder. During the on-site interview, I learned the equipment was a lot different than what I was used to (read: fluid/skid systems rather than electro-mechanical/automated systems). Knocked it down to 60-70%. Took the job (as I was laid off and had a mortgage to pay), and 3-4 months into the job I realized I was actually closer to 50% experienced. But, if you can learn, you can learn quick and gain that other 50%, and you become better off for it when looking for a new job.

Sort of the boat I'm in now....I have become very experienced and proficient in project management, and realize that's where I want to be next. Prior to taking this job, I had virtually no (structured) experience in it.

TL;DR: go for it, pussy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Slow start of the day so far, off to Providence for a business meeting, then hopefully a good ride this evening before it gets dark. :headbang: Trails are in a prime shape, hopefully there won't be an asshole around to establish the annual mud ban when there is no mud.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Team Stone last night. Haley knew that when we got home she would get more Blue's Clues (best TV time bribe ever) if she ate quickly and took her shower. Normally I have her home by 5:45 it's a fight to get her finished and showered by 7:30. Last night we got home at 6:15 and we were finished and showered by 7:10. The best part is that she will sit and watche Blue's Clues while I workout. She's totally captivated by it has started spelling the words along with the show. Win-Win.

Got in 30min hard work on the elliptical as well. I'm pretty sure I was net negative calories everyday for the last 3 days, but am gaining weight. I'm hoping it's return of muscle mass...

Made a dent into my CRPC study last night. Got through some of the calculator issues I was having before, which are incredibly simple once I look back. I was just stuck in a negative feedback loop and really just needed a mental break before moving forward.

Going to the caucus tonight (GO BERNIE!) which should be interesting. It's the first time I've gotten this involved in politics. The twins (dangerously attractive, 18 y/o twin babysitters) are coming by to watch Haley tonight. Seriously, best sitters we have ever had.

Otherwise, work.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Think about it this way: If it is cancer, deciding to get your arm ripped off might be one of the best bad decisions in your life. Find the positive, man. Otherwise, it's a thurple.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Chest radiographs are basically shit unless you're just looking for pneumonia. In particular, they are not the appropriate tool for looking for pulmonary embolism. Could you potentially see a giant pulmonary infarction (dead lung from a prior embolism)? Sure, but you'd probably be dead.

If you're short of breath and they think you might have a PE you need a CT pulmonary angiogram now. Given the questions about nipple shadows you did not have a CT. Call your doctor and tell them this, and fire them if they don't get with the program. Chest film for PE is absolutely ridiculous.

Going to the caucus tonight (GO BERNIE!) which should be interesting. It's the first time I've gotten this involved in politics. The twins (dangerously attractive, 18 y/o twin babysitters) are coming by to watch Haley tonight. Seriously, best sitters we have ever had.
I can't go to my caucus because of wind ensemble rehearsal. Gah. Also your link to the house-camera candid photos of these twins isn't working.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Chest radiographs are basically shit unless you're just looking for pneumonia. In particular, they are not the appropriate tool for looking for pulmonary embolism. Could you potentially see a giant pulmonary infarction (dead lung from a prior embolism)? Sure, but you'd probably be dead.

If you're short of breath and they think you might have a PE you need a CT pulmonary angiogram now. Given the questions about nipple shadows you did not have a CT. Call your doctor and tell them this, and fire them if they don't get with the program. Chest film for PE is absolutely ridiculous.

I can't go to my caucus because of wind ensemble rehearsal. Gah. Also your link to the house-camera candid photos of these twins isn't working.
Not getting into that game. But still, dangerously attractive. You know... They are about the same distance/time from us as you. If you need a sitter, I can connect (hehe) you with them. I know they're good down to ~2 because that's the youngest that was at the holiday party, but have no doubt they are good with younger.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Not getting into that game. But still, dangerously attractive. You know... They are about the same distance/time from us as you. If you need a sitter, I can connect (hehe) you with them. I know they're good down to ~2 because that's the youngest that was at the holiday party, but have no doubt they are good with younger.
Thanks, but we already have a good roster of sitters that Mariko likes. (Yuna likes everyone so that's not a problem.) We've been trying to head out to the symphony at least once if not twice per month despite the cost/hassle of the sitter.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thanks, but we already have a good roster of sitters that Mariko likes. (Yuna likes everyone so that's not a problem.) We've been trying to head out to the symphony at least once if not twice per month despite the cost/hassle of the sitter.
I pay them $15/hr and round to the nearest 10. They are always available though, so it's totally worth it. When I tell Haley that they are coming she gets so excited that it's so easy.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

Currently exploring the job options world. I am constantly left wondering when you apply to a job and when don't you. Do you apply if you have 50% of the requested skills and experience? 75%? It often seems like someone puts together a wish-list of the ideal candidate and very few people will actually tick off all of those boxes. I never know when it's appropriate to to reach and when it's
Mornin!

Apply for every job you are interested in and then follow up. The right candidate can acquire the needed skills or be trained.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Apply for every job you are interested in and then follow up. The right candidate can acquire the needed skills or be trained.
This. I don't hire for skills, I hire for attitude and will teach you what you need to know.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I too vote nipples...

I just googled PE, it may be that you facility lacks the equipment larger facilities have, if that is the case you could request an ultrasound see blood flow in your lung.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Morning! Slow start of the day so far, off to Providence for a business meeting, then hopefully a good ride this evening before it gets dark. :headbang: Trails are in a prime shape, hopefully there won't be an asshole around to establish the annual mud ban when there is no mud.
Ride Big River, yo