Quantcast

Superbowl predicitons?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
are you guys nuts?

Pitt has to stop Alexander, otherwise it'll be very similar to today's result for them as it was for Carolina.

PS: Dolphins win SB next year with the additions of Culpepper and TO.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
LordOpie said:
are you guys nuts?

Pitt has to stop Alexander, otherwise it'll be very similar to today's result for them as it was for Carolina.

PS: Dolphins win SB next year with the additions of Culpepper and TO.
After how bad we p3ownd denver today how can you say "are you nuts"? :confused: if we play anything like we did today seatle doesnt have a chance.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Pittsburgh by 17. If Seattle is still in the AFC they probably don't even make the playoffs. It is already being said by the media that the Steelers will be favored. That means a number 6 seed favored over a number 1 seed.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
manhattanprjkt83 said:
After how bad we p3ownd denver today how can you say "are you nuts"? :confused: if we play anything like we did today seatle doesnt have a chance.
SA is a much better RB than Denver's. If Seattle's OLine fails, he can still pick up major yards.

Then you've got several targets for the mobile, versatile, and posed Hassleback.

I'm not saying Seattle will win, just saying that I think they'll be a much bigger challenge than y'all think.

It'll come down to coaching. Can Holmgren pull a rabbit out of his ass? If so, I think he's got enough talent. Cowher has shown that his staff can prepare great, so if Holmgren can't... blowout Steelers. Otherwise, Seattle.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
AFC= Media's favorite.
East Coast= Media's home.

Based on these two tidbits it is illlogical to assume that anyone on TV is going to have much good to say about Seattle.

Seattle 31

Pittsburg 20

Yep.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The media prefers the AFC because the numbers work.

NFC playoff teams are 12-12 against the AFC.

AFC playoff teams are 20-4 against the NFC.

Fear the lazy liberal commie media queers anyway. They just totally hated on the Cowboys and 49'ers when they kicked ass too.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I predict some past her prime pop star will cause a half time outrage in a pathetic effort to resurrect her free-falling career. On Monday DT will start a thread expressing his outrage that will grow to 37 pages in 2 hours before Echo locks it.;)

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
dooood

no one was asking for the halftime, i mean come on that is just too predictable (besides you do realize that you are talking about mic dont you?... :-)vomit: :stosh: )

now turn that magic 8 ball over and pony up on a score

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
ridetoofast said:
dooood

no one was asking for the halftime, i mean come on that is just too predictable (besides you do realize that you are talking about mic dont you?... :-)vomit: :stosh: )

now turn that magic 8 ball over and pony up on a score
OK OK....who's playing? Yankees 12 Bulls 44

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Westy said:
NFC playoff teams are 12-12 against the AFC.

AFC playoff teams are 20-4 against the NFC.
I believe this is the same type of number crunching that lead this admin to invade Iraq.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
LordOpie said:
I believe this is the same type of number crunching that lead this admin to invade Iraq.
No, it is a real stat.
I thought it was a trick at first too.
Look at it a little closer.
What some may see as the media having an East Coast bias, is really just sports turds picking games by recent history.
For Example, lets rundown the Superbowl winners so far this decade.

Baltimore
New England
Tampa Bay
New England
New England

And the winnners played teams in the Superbowl like New York, Philly, and Carolina.

What do all these teams have in common?
Come on everybody togther now - EAST COAST!

But don't worry, if the Seahawks do win the Superbowl, then all the sports turds will be swinging from your jocks next year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
East coast teams actually have fans while west coast teams have people who use football as an excuse to wear makeup in public.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jeremy R said:
But don't worry, if the Seahawks do win the Superbowl, then all the sports turds will be swinging from your jocks next year.
Some people actually crave that type of attention?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
seahawks want it bad, never been before either. Theyre defense kicked the crap out of the panthers today. I think its going to be a good game with the hawks coming out strong.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Pittsburgh defeated what I considered the three best teams in football to get to the Super Bowl. Because of that, I really can't pick against them now. A Seattle win would not surprise me though. Tough game to pick.

Steelers 30, Seattle 24

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seahawks will be at a disatvantage because they will not be playing at home. Steelers have an advantage because they will not be playing at home.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Pittsburgh looks great right now. Roethlisberger figured out that he's actually got a pretty good arm and everyone is just playing a really, really solid game.

I like Seattle, but I'm calling Pittsburgh by 10.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
binary visions said:
Pittsburgh looks great right now. Roethlisberger figured out that he's actually got a pretty good arm and everyone is just playing a really, really solid game.

I like Seattle, but I'm calling Pittsburgh by 10.
He is playing amazingly right now. Totally dialed and confident.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
This is going to be a great game... I love the way Alexander runs! But I think the difference will be emotion. This is expected to be Bettis' last year, he grew up in Detroit, and now he is going back to finish up with a bang, and the rest of the team wants that for him! Not taking anything away from the Hawks and their first time out...

When a Steeler fan says WE they mean the collective Steeler Nation!!! The old cliché of the 12th man. I don't know of any team that is loved, and hated by more fans and media. They have been the underdog the whole end of reg. season and the playoffs according to the geniuses in Vegas and the commentators on TV. Our town has Pep rallies and black and gold days where everyone... EVERYONE wears B&G!!! If you have lived in the area or know someone that has you know what I am talkin bout!!!
Steelers 27
Hawks 21

puttin the FAN in FANATIC

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BTW, speaking of the Steelers, I guess I never paid much attention to their kicker before, but the dude has thighs that are bigger around than my torso - WTF? I'm not sure I've ever seen a kicker that looked like he could play on the defensive line before.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
binary visions said:
BTW, speaking of the Steelers, I guess I never paid much attention to their kicker before, but the dude has thighs that are bigger around than my torso - WTF? I'm not sure I've ever seen a kicker that looked like he could play on the defensive line before.
Check out that nutjob in Oakland. He is wider than Starr Jones (pre surgery.)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Jeff Reed came in half way through the season (three seasons ago) and won the job as a walk on... he is not like other kickers... the guy is physically tough, as well as mentally tough... before every kick he repeats to himself "BE A HERO"...

the only thing I could ask for from him is more distance on the kick off.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jeremy R said:
Check out that nutjob in Oakland. He is wider than Starr Jones (pre surgery.)
Starr Jones, eh?

Does he have to lean back when he kicks so the ball doesn't deflect off his ginormous breasts?

"...aannd it's GOOD! Right down the middle of the cleavage! Too bad it missed the uprights!"

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm torn on this one, Seahawks did have a VERY cake schedule this year, and I mean VERY cake. I know they beat the Colts, but that was a week after Dungy's kid committed suicide, so I'm sure they were not in full focus. On the other side of the coin, they did look pretty damn good in the playoffs beating some good teams. I'm an AFC kinda guy so I'm pulling for the Steelers

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
not sure if he says it outloud, but he kicks FG's in arguably one of the worst stadiums and several times has been the Hero!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
blt2ride Here's my prediction: I will attend the Anaheim's Supercross the night before, and then I will be out riding all day on "Super Sunday."
I will be riding Super Bowl Sunday as well, I have ridden in the morning before every playoff game so far... so maybe it is good karma for the Steelers!!!