Quantcast

***Superbowl Sunday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The little one's ski lessons in the AM.
Football/food/brews in the PM.

Don't care who wins as long as I make some money on my football squares.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Battle of the 6' 5" quarterbacks. The kids will get rare screen time today.

Other things I hope to do: finish assembling two tables, pop a replacement Roman shade into its mounts, and finally install my heated-and-sprayed-butt Toto Washlet.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What is this "super bowl" you are speaking of?
Rode this morning, white asphalt with a bit of ice, SS HT with studded tires took good care of it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Strange dreams last night. Can't remember most of the details but at one point I was eating strips of bacon. Tasty crispy bacon.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hung over. band last night was cool. friend's co-worker played steel slide like a boss. he's 62, rest of the band was probably early 30s.
these guys:

might sneak in a ride. might hike with fam.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went to a party last night. Brought a bottle of bubbly I found, cutely branded as "spritz and giggles." Need to fight the after effects with espresso.

Walked past this place last night, on the way home. Something strikes me as inappropriate about this choice of name.
image.jpeg

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Awash in Broncos fans waiting for my brother to pick me up at DIA. Then tacos del Mexico, Dales run and 'shed visit to steel myself for family.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Rode out of the valley in Town to check a secret stash of Trail. Grinding a 35-34 ring combo up the steeps never felt better.
@Nick - nahhh a stock image of teh webz, motivation to suck it up and ride. Checked my camera and no battery, checked my ride and lots of scenery for a cold grey Vermont afternoon!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Baked bread, made chicken enchiladas, roasted a chicken, made some lettuce wraps, couple racks of babybacks, Potato salad, Greenbean casserole. Going to shred the chicken and make philly chicken sammichs to be ready for halftime. Vegetarian Pirogis and Korean short ribs on the way. All sorts of expensive cheeses and imported meats, pickles and hungarian peppers. Some oniony kind of dip and homemade salsa. No room left on the counter or table. Fridge is full. Bong is clean, Sangria has been made, beer is cold. You know the deal....

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Balanced diet is balanced.
Am enjoying my meal right now the same way - Marinated Pork strip with some Stubb's Ginger/Lime + Hot Sauce, Maple Syrup, Chicken Stock w/ Mashed Po'taters and, baked Asparagus seasoned with Butter, Maple and Cajun Pepper.

Except no beverage - tried to find a new collaboration gifted to my crew at work but not on the shelves yet. All I can say - pretty freakin' sweet and will be on Tap and in 16oz Bottles.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Baked bread, made chicken enchiladas, roasted a chicken, made some lettuce wraps, couple racks of babybacks, Potato salad, Greenbean casserole. Going to shred the chicken and make philly chicken sammichs to be ready for halftime. Vegetarian Pirogis and Korean short ribs on the way. All sorts of expensive cheeses and imported meats, pickles and hungarian peppers. Some oniony kind of dip and homemade salsa. No room left on the counter or table. Fridge is full. Bong is clean, Sangria has been made, beer is cold. You know the deal....
I have eaten a pb&j, lots of popcorn, and an egg/bean/veggie burrito today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have eaten a pb&j, lots of popcorn, and an egg/bean/veggie burrito today.
Nobody ate any of the Lettuce wraps. So I ate like 10. So little meat on the short ribs that I gave up on them. Just awful. Greenbean Casserole. Oh my. Somebody brought Sausages with Cavetelli with great big gobs of Goatcheese and sauce. The sauce is spectacular. I invited the chubby sexy chick to the bongshed. She brought her friend... Oh well.... We got more Sangria...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Left the cat in the Bongshed. She was scratching at my my door when I got home. I let her in and went to the bongshed and kicked everyone out. Beer in fridge all gone, they didn't find the stash thankfully. Omaha!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did a 100km winter gravel grinder in Lyons with wifey, good times, 45 minute snow hike in the middle brought back GDMBR memories. Now watching proper football with the recorded Man Utd vs Chelsea game from earlier.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just attempted to eat the worst Chinese take-out in my life. Holly fuck is the chicken with mixed vegetables bad. It has almost no flavor even though it's drown in gelatinous brown sauce. The veggies were cooked to mush and the chicken was even worse. When I bit into it, it had the consistency of cold mashed potatoes, not at all chewy meat texture. And the smell, like a trash can full of old dog food.

Fuck that nasty place, not going back !

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Caught a trout and it caught me back. Hook went so deep into the muscle that I had to go to the ER to get it removed as I couldn't get enought leverage one handed to do it myself. got a nice tetanus shot while I was there too

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dude the kaiser ER is a 30 minute drive. I tried everything to get that sucker out on my own using a needle nose vice grip. The Doc's had a bitch of a time and there were two of them. It was deep into the muscle
Aren't you supposed to cut the end off and loop it through?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Aren't you supposed to cut the end off and loop it through?
yeah but i couldn't get the leveage at the hook angle to do it. The Docs had to twist my wrist pinch up the muscle then use a forceps to drive it through so they could snip off the barb. Treble hook stubs made it so pulling it through even closely nipped would cause more tissue damage

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah but i couldn't get the leveage at the hook angle to do it. The Docs had to twist my wrist pinch up the muscle then use a forceps to drive it through so they could snip off the barb. Treble hook stubs made it so pulling it through even closely nipped would cause more tissue damage

Could have chewed the hand off like a coyote in a trap?