Quantcast

SuperCo Bikes - 15" chainstay hardtail - drool!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
The CS yoke and ST bridge looks soo nice. The chainstays are scary skiny though. I'm sure they've been ran hard and proved strong, just look chopstick skiny.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
good to see these out there, finally. congrats friends.

btw LB's bike is ridiculous. so good, fast, light...i'm stoked on these frames.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Wow! That really nice. That would make a great trails bike. disc-specific, and it appears to have really short stays based on the seat tube/BB junction.

Clean, simple, and Chromoly. :-) I like that!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
for those who don't know is DOC's from BMW's new project.

they look P-E-R-F-E-C-T

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
it seems like the Red frame has the special shifted seat tube (intersecting the down tube instead of the bb), but the White frame doesn't. am i seeing that right?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
The CS yoke and ST bridge looks soo nice. The chainstays are scary skiny though. I'm sure they've been ran hard and proved strong, just look chopstick skiny.
i agree. the superskinny chainstays give it a race look. but part of the reason why you might want a super short back end is street/DJ/park. racers don't seem to need a super short back end as much--at least that's how it is in bmx.... not sure about 4x.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
dayum those are clean!!!! I'm liking what I'm seeing, that weight is ridiculous light!

not dedicated street (110mm rear/rim brake, etc.), but hey, not all things need to be, I don't even think that's what they are aimed at, more dj probably. Very stiff competition for Blackmrkt coming on there though, I'd put money down on that one.

pretty interesting about Doc's new ventures too, I wouldn't have guessed it here.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
LB's 24" kit. amazing lil bike. at least 3lbs lighter than my FG even w/ his freecoaster on there.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
ah i hate websites like that it will stay with nothing on it for at least another 5 months. can someone please inform me on what i cant expect to pay for one of these

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah i wish they would release some solid info on these...i need a frame asap...Looking at a tonic or one of these...but havent heard much back on email, sucks.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Here are some specs.
Fresh new tools for fun from Doc coming down the pipeline. You'll find pics attached, some specs below and the sneak peek photos are still available at littermag.com. (Thanks again Gordo!)

SuperCo's Satellite (24") and Charger (26") are currently in production with an ETA of three months. Additional detail on these frames will be with you in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, we'll be at Interbike with both bikes available for a spin on the track at the dirt demo.

SuperCo

The Satellite 24" &The Charger 26"

Tubing True Temper Supertherm 4130 front, True Temper Platinum 4130 rear

Headset 1.125 Campagnolo Type Integrated (BMX standard 45/45 angular contact)

BB Mid Sized

Brakes Disc only, Small Rotor International Standard Mount

Hub spacing 135mm

Geometry (with 18.5" fork):

The Satellite 24"

Head Angle 70

Seat Angle 71

TT length (actual) 22.125 inch

BB height 12.125 inch

Min CS length 14.625 inch

Frame weight 4.75 lbs

The Charger 26"

Head Angle 70

Seat Angle 71 effective at 16 inch BB center to seat rails (68 actual)

TT length(actual) 22.125 inch

BB height 12.125 inch

Min CS length 15.0 inch

Frame weight 4.9 lbs

--
SuperCo
p 801-973-0656
c 212-932-1445
ridesuperco@gmail.com

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
yeah i wish they would release some solid info on these...i need a frame asap...Looking at a tonic or one of these...but havent heard much back on email, sucks.
Hi. I'm Terry, from SuperCo. Let me know if you did not receive the email we sent earlier this week to everyone who contacted us about the hardtails and we'll get that corrected.

The email update included the time frame of three (3, III) months for completion of the production run of both hardtails. It would be a bummer if our schedule doesn't happen to work with your urgent need but I'm stoked to hear it's between SuperCo or Tonic because we are longtime fans and would be riding one of their frames if we didn't make our own.

ah i hate websites like that it will stay with nothing on it for at least another 5 months. can someone please inform me on what i cant expect to pay for one of these
Yes indeed. And if the SuperCo site isn't completed in five weeks, let alone five months with just about every drop of information you may ever wonder about the bikes, someone should convince Doc to fire his General Manager without severence pay.

FYI, our homepage was put up prior to the sites completion simply as a means of exchanging contact info with folks in the industry during the tradeshow this week. We too break out in hives when we come across sites that lay under construction for months on end. Thanks for the kick in the pants none-the-less.

Thanks also to Siko for cutting and pasting the info from the update email in here. No further information is available at this time but we look forward to having price/availability/colors/international sales/et al determined and the site complete with all the information at your fingertips.

Edit: Huge thanks for all the propers in here about the new frames. Doc has wanted to make these bikes for several years, so it's exciting to finally have them underway and to get this kind of response. Greatly appreciated.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
thanks for chiming in.

those geo numbers look just about spot on, but I wish the bb height was a bit higher, on both 24, and 26. I think ~12.5 would have been rad, so you can get a lot of pop with a regular fork, or if you throw on a super slammed susp. fork, or a short rigid (rebate 425mm, etc.) you won't drop the bb height too much and lose the twitch feeling.

regardless of my criticisms though, I'm putting money down that SuperCo does VERY well on this scene... Those weights are INCREDIBLE. can't wait to see more build up pics.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Yeah, and thanks for your patience. I hadn't posted previously because I don't want to spam and had been thinking I could hold out on providing info to the general public until site is up and running complete. But I find it hard to sleep at night knowing there are lingering inquires and speculation on a forum where I already spend a fair amount of time.

The most recurring inquiry yet to be answered is the price. These frames are all handmade in-house so they won't be one of the lower priced trail/street/park frames available. I assure you, we are as anxious as some of you are to get this determined ASAP. It would already be posted but we are doing every last bit of tweaking possible on shop costs so the frames can be offered at the lowest price without sacrificing quality or the company's future.

edit: "shop cost" above means our machine shop cost, not your lbs cost since we will be selling direct at this time.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah, and thanks for your patience. I hadn't posted previously because I don't want to spam and had been thinking I could hold out on providing info to the general public until site is up and running complete. But I find it hard to sleep at night knowing there are lingering inquires and speculation on a forum where I already spend a fair amount of time.

The most recurring inquiry yet to be answered is the price. These frames are all handmade in-house so they won't be one of the lower priced trail/street/park frames available. I assure you, we are as anxious as some of you are to get this determined ASAP. It would already be posted but we are doing every last bit of tweaking possible on shop costs so the frames can be offered at the lowest price without sacrificing quality or the company's future.

I think now would be a good time to inform you that you and Siko have been added to my short list of incredible sellers along with the likes of Landon and Leethal. You guys stay cool and answer our frustrated questions in a way that sounds like you're drinking coffee, eating a donut and reading the funny papers. Props. I think it takes a lot to be able to read comments about your bikes, company, and website and not get riled up. You guys are offering a SOLID product backed by a ton of research with a history of past quality building. As much as we all love a good waiting period(gnashing teeth, chewing nails) it IS vital to not releasing a product prematurely and landing in a very undesireable mess.
There is atleast one other company on here who makes guys like you look bad. Everytime I log on here I have to check what I typed cuz I could swear I just got on their shops home page. Starting to wonder if they'll just rename the BMX&DJ forum! So while it's tempting to start selling products here, stick with your instincts of not spamming. They're working for you! Besides, a little mystery and a little teasing is always fun!
And 3 months is about the perfect amount of time for my separated shoulder to get back to right and then I'll be able to right my check to you guys! :happydance:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
wow superco the way to go.

it was really great spending half the day with you peoples, i had a blast.
i was also lucky to run into doc on friday before we left. yoni took some shots of the 24". its such a fun bike, i cant wait to rides L's again. miss you both

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hey, no need for a thanks, not kissing your asses(unless it gets me a fat discount!), just callin it how I see it. I really do respect cool, mellow peeps, especially when they're sellers, especially since I'm just the damn opposite! I wouldn't make a good biz owner, and if I was, I'd have to stay the hell off here!
Thank me by building sick ass bikes! I'll be comin for one after this shoulder says it's OK to tug on bars again.