Quantcast

Superco Satellite done. Pics

Jun 7, 2006
I don't post over here much but seemed like I ought to share...

It's dumping snow here right no so hard to take any good pics. Here's a couple of shots of the completed build though.

Build Specs:
Frame: Superco Satellite, Charger Blue
Fork: RS Revelation 426 dual air, set at 80 mm
Headset: Fly Bikes integrated with Turquoise Hop-up kit
Stem: Thomson X4, 50 mm
Bars: Gravity Light, 20mm rise, cut
Grips: Fly Bikes Ruben
Bar ends: Fly Bikes, Turquoise
Rear Brake: Magura Marta, 160mm
Saddle: Fly Bikes, Turquoise
Cranks: Profile, 170mm, Ti axle & bolts
Sprocket: Profile Imperial, 24t
Pedals: Fly Bikes Ruben, Turquoise
Chain: KHE half-link hollow-pin
Rims: Arrow Racing FRX, 24"
Spokes: DT Competition, silver
Fr Hub: Profile, bolt-on, non-disc
Rr Hub: Profile MTB single speed, bolt-on Ti driver
Rear cog: Profie 13t
Tires: Schwalbe Table Top (temp K-Rad on back while waiting on Table Top)

Total Weight on Ultimate digital scale: 24.89 lbs

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Great looking bike! BUT 24-13 gearing?! Are you riding trials with this thing?! I ride a 30-13 that seems to be about average for ratio. Where do you ride?

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
woah, thats a beautiful gosh darned ride. dang.
snappy weight too, under 25!

i agree on the gear ratio.... i'm riding 25-10 right now, and THATS too easy for my street riding.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That thing is hot sauce. The TT is crazy low on those things. I'd totally be doing can cans like they were going out of style.

Jun 7, 2006
Gearing is wrong. I actually have 24-12 on there now, 13 was a typo. I was thinking 26" when I ordered. I'll prob throw a 28 on the front shortly.

Or maybe I'll just take up flatland :)

Jun 7, 2006
Oh, and thanks for all the compliments, it has been quite a project.

It may be of interest that this was the first production Satellite sold and I was fortunate enough to pick it up directly from Doc and Teresa. I felt like I was walking away with one of their children. They're putting a lot of heart into this new venture.

Also, I have pegs for it but Doc says the frame is not designed with pegs in mind and they could damage the dropouts. For now I've elected not to run them.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I don't think it was ever answered in the other thread about US vs overseas mfg, was the first runs of superco's taiwanese? I remember you having issues with your first one Toni - am I right...my memory ain't hittin' on too much...

Jun 7, 2006
I don't think it was ever answered in the other thread about US vs overseas mfg, was the first runs of superco's taiwanese? I remember you having issues with your first one Toni - am I right...my memory ain't hittin' on too much...
Nope, they're built right here in UT, I've been to the shop. No problems at all with this frame. I think you may be confused with one of my other builds.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I can't remember which one it was but it was the one you were building when we were over there for the video premier. anyhoo, I sent you an email about those ti profile crank bolts.

Jun 7, 2006
I can't remember which one it was but it was the one you were building when we were over there for the video premier. anyhoo, I sent you an email about those ti profile crank bolts.
That was a Supercross MX26. And yeah, wow, I've never spend so much time prepping a frame. I bet I spent a full 2 hours chasing and facing the BB, brutal. Fun bike except for the long chainstays.

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
more companys need to do the lower top tube i think its a great thing. does anyone know if you can put a chainguide on the super co frames i have not seen one made for a mid bb

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
more companys need to do the lower top tube i think its a great thing. does anyone know if you can put a chainguide on the super co frames i have not seen one made for a mid bb

ISCG 05 was supposedly to accomodate bmx bb's. (ie. Mid/Spanish, and possibly American, but I can't verify that last one).

but like mattmatt86 said, it's not very relevant as far as I know.

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
but there is a few companys making derailleur hangers that just slide into a 3/8 axle slot i have been running it for like a year on various bikes and it works great. How would an iscg 05 chainguide work on a mid bb just out of curiousity. i really want a superco but i need to be able to use gears for racing 4x cause the rules require that you have at least 3 gears.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
i have to ask - why a RS Revelation fork??

this is the first street ride ive ever seen using this type of fork
The superco's aren't really "Street" rides. More Dirt specific. Superthin light tubing isn't street bash friendly, esp. at the price they are asking.

But I've seen several street/dj/park bikes with the Revelation, same as Pike, but with 10mm drops, so you can use a bmx hub.

chipper, the ISCG 05 dia. is large enough for the Mid bearing, that's all. From there on it's up to the frame manufacturer to weld on ISCG 05 mounts if that's what they are aiming for in the market, e.13 can't control that.

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
oh ok that makes sense. i wonder if super co would do that or if could modify one to make it fit. i really like that bike and it would make turndowns even easier and the i could probably be able to do way over clicked t downs on that plus it is the lightest bike in its category and the geo is spot on

Liquid Fl0w$

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
best 24'' ever in my opinion, simple because of the frame and i cant say i've seen to many 24"s that don't look like a pig on stilts with a massive frame still very well done and i hope to see more people buying this new production.

Jun 7, 2006
i have to ask - why a RS Revelation fork??

this is the first street ride ive ever seen using this type of fork
It'll be used primarily for dirt jumping with just little urban and park. As BikeSATORI mentioned, it's basically a Pike without the 20mm dropouts. I did this to have the option of running pegs but probably never will. Revelations/Pikes work quite well for dirt jumping, very light and plenty strong unless you really beat on them. I also have a pump track and being able to lock-out the fork with the Motion Control + Gate is a sweet feature.