Quantcast

Superfly Singlespeedness

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
Fisher better be prepared for LOTS of begging now. As light as the geared ones are, these should be really light. 15 pound range for sure.

SyT

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Are track ends reliable on a mtb? My road bike has never given me trouble, but just seems iffy on something thats gonna see greater loading.

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
SyT, just look at all the single speeds out there. Surlys. IROs. Spots. Jamis. Redline. The list goes on, but you get the point, right?

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Interesting - not diggin the graphics all that much - but still mighty slick.

It is interesting to note that the graphics here, ( I assume them to be '09 livery) are very similar to the upcoming SRAM/Rock Shox Reba's graphics. Only I'm betting the Superfly will not be getting a Reba in '09. ;)

Can you say "29"er SID"?

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
None spied at Sea Otter, but I did ferret out that there are at least three more being ridden by product managers besides the three being raced by the LaLondes and Chambers.

Word is that they are getting hammered with e-mail inquiries about this bike and that it is seriously under consideration for a "small run of frames".

I think it's a no-brainer, but what do I know?

helgi

Chimp
Dec 6, 2007
Iceland
Hmm, I thought the LaLondes were still riding steel? At least one of them has a Ferrous in the '08 team colors if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, super interesting frame and I love the graphics!

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Interestingly a Superfly was ridden to second place at Trans Iowa this past weekend. The bike was singled out using a "magic gear" and had a rigid front fork. The rider was Joe Kucharski of Michigan. He used Stan's Crow tires tubeless too, for what it's worth.