Quantcast

superrat

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Phil's a great guy and excellent machinist !
He did the machine work for our stems and a few other parts we have lined up for the future !!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I don't see how that stem is any more scary than the elemental - which is an awesome stem. I'd like to see how that project progresses...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
ahem... yeah.... brad, any word on my tree action dropping there???

haha, I think my name was mentioned on that blog at one point actually, I was the random idiot who just sent in a package with no instructions or something like that....

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
ahem... yeah.... brad, any word on my tree action dropping there???

haha, I think my name was mentioned on that blog at one point actually, I was the random idiot who just sent in a package with no instructions or something like that....
PM sent

Hey Satori if you look at the picture of the crazy puzzel pice stem on Phil's desk you jsut jsut barley see one of the Nem-PRo stem reducers in the backround .. LOL
-B

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
I don't see how that stem is any more scary than the elemental - which is an awesome stem. I'd like to see how that project progresses...
the elementary stem is proven to work but for some reason, i can't get used to the way it works. just a personal thing though. the stem on superrat looks like a slimmed down version of the odyssey one. didnt think that was possible either :twitch: :)

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
^^^ the only issue I had with the elemental was my bars would slip. I can't stand that so it was quickly replaced with a crown royal - 'nuf said.

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
I have an Elementary on my BMX bike, and it's awesome. It doesn't slip at all. If you follow the directions to the letter (liberally grease the wedges and tighten it incrementally), you should be OK.

The spaghetti-strap puzzle stem posted here looks scary. It doesn't work like an Elementary, but more like a slimmed-down and carved up Bizhouse Dyalizer stem. This puzzle stem doesn't look like it has enough material where the bolts go into the aluminum, at least not enough material for it to stay in one piece once it's tight enough to hold the bars and steerer tube in place.