Quantcast

Supplements 5% off Wholesale

nite rider

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Medford, MA
Hey Riders-

Just want to let you know of a deal my sponsor is giving to everyone that orders supplements from www.mtbmind.com. TSN (Total Sport Nutrition. ) is giving all riders 5% off wholesale prices! Pretty sweet deal. All you have to do is type in "5% discount via mtbmind.com" in the comments field on their order form page and you will save even more off their low prices. :cool:

For more information on how to save more money on supplements that will maintain your physical and mental fitness, go to www.mtbmind.com/tsn.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You got some good prices here, NR. Unfortunately, they don't carry any of the brands I use for protein powder, meal replacement bars, and creatine.

nite rider

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Medford, MA
Hey I Are Baboon-

I'm nut sure what you use for protein, but Ultimate Prostar Whey by Ultimate Nutrition is by far the best tasting one out there that I've tried. There is no chalky taste and dissovles nicely into the water or milk.

I usually blend a 1 1/2 cups of water with a banana and frozen blueberries. The banana gives me the potassium and the blueberries are packed with antioxidants. Tastes just like a smoothy.

:cool:

As for the comment on spam-

spam is repetitive annoyances of the same message over and over while offering no help or response. I am giving you information that can help you and save you money if it pertains to you. Who knows, maybe you don't need help and are loaded. However, any useful information that helps any rider is valuable, no matter where it comes from.

later,
cg

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by nite rider

As for the comment on spam-

spam is repetitive annoyances of the same message over and over while offering no help or response. I am giving you information that can help you and save you money if it pertains to you. Who knows, maybe you don't need help and are loaded. However, any useful information that helps any rider is valuable, no matter where it comes from.

later,
cg
Shut your Spammy mouth

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey I Are Baboon-

I'm nut sure what you use for protein, but Ultimate Prostar Whey by Ultimate Nutrition is by far the best tasting one out there that I've tried. There is no chalky taste and dissovles nicely into the water or milk.
I have a personal boycott on Ultimate Nutrition products. I've tried their bars and their pre-made drinks. Both made me sick. Not to say that will happen to everyone (after all, they are an established company). My body just does not like them.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by I Are Baboon

I have a personal boycott on Ultimate Nutrition products. I've tried their bars and their pre-made drinks. Both made me sick. Not to say that will happen to everyone (after all, they are an established company). My body just does not like them.

CORRECTION: That was Worldwide Nutrition that made me sick. I don't think I've tried Ultimate Nutrition. Just wanted to clarify. :thumb:

nite rider

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Medford, MA
yeah, it def wan't Ultimate's Whey because they don't make pre-made drinks :-) I have been using Ultimate for over a year after someone suggested it to me. You should try it because you can get a 5lb tub of it for only $20 through my site.

:D

From webopedia.com

SPAM

Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define spam even more generally as any unsolicited e-mail. However, if a long-lost brother finds your e-mail address and sends you a message, this could hardly be called spam, even though it's unsolicited. Real spam is generally e-mail advertising for some product sent to a mailing list or newsgroup.

In addition to wasting people's time with unwanted e-mail, spam also eats up a lot of network bandwidth. Consequently, there are many organizations, as well as individuals, who have taken it upon themselves to fight spam with a variety of techniques. But because the Internet is public, there is really little that can be done to prevent spam, just as it is impossible to prevent junk mail. However, some private online service, such America Online, have instituted policies to prevent spammers from spamming their subscribers.

There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam…" Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of thought maintains that it comes from the computer group lab at the University of Southern California who gave it the name because it has many of the same characteristics as the lunchmeat Spam:

Nobody wants it or ever asks for it.
No one ever eats it; it is the first item to be pushed to the side when eating the entree.
Sometimes it is actually tasty, like 1% of junk mail that is really useful to some people.

Sounds like you qualify.

nite rider

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Medford, MA
yeah, as a web designer..i'm well aware of what spam is. But thank you for enlightening me with that wonderful rendition of information.

2 questions:

1.) do senders of "junk mail" ever reply to you in person or actually give advice?

2.) Where exactly in New England are you because I can't wait to meet you at this years races. :-)

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
I've said this a few times before and I'll say it again....
one of the first things that RM said was he wasn't worried/concerned/upset about anybody that wants to promote their own site through ridemonkey.com...that is, in fact, how he got most of us to come here in the first place. Remember way back when there was a huge debacle between RM and another site, people kept whining and moaning about "spam this" and "spam that".

My feeling is: big f'in deal?! You don't want to read about it? Then don't. You saw the heading of this thread...you knew it was someone promoting his site/product. You didn't have to come in here and read it.

And I do agree with nite rider, it's not often that you'll see a "spammer" actually reply to their posts, especially when people have said negative things.

I don't know...I just don't think it's necessary to breed negativity. Nothing's ever resolved that way.

nite rider

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Medford, MA
rock on Krustee. Good to hear some support from out west.

I didn't post this topic to see how many people will actually look at the thread. I'm a rider just like everyone else out there and I thought it would be cool to post something of beneficial help to other fellow riders. If the topic doesn't interest you, ignore it and move on. We may be on different sides of the US, but we are all riders and into the same sh*t.

thanks again krustee. How's the riding in CO right now? I went to school in Denver for a year. Sweet trails.

cg

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
thanks again krustee. How's the riding in CO right now? I went to school in Denver for a year. Sweet trails.

cg
It's back & forth as far as snow this season. We'll have a few days of sweet fresh powder...then it all gets all wind blown for the weekends when I'm able to go! :think:
I just moved out here 2 years ago and love it. Just got into being a little more serious about biking last year. Gettin' better, but have a long way to go. I had come out here from Illinois (i.e. the flatlands) and thought I'd be all ready for riding out here....I had no clue what mountain biking really was! I got so frustrated with myself the first year that I gave up. Then last year I determined that I was going to get better no matter what. Not that I'm good at it now, but certainly better than I was.

The only ones I've heard of/used on your site are Met-RX & EAS...used both. I liked EAS better, Met-RX didn't mix well unless you used a blender which isn't always that convenient. And it just got really expensive to use the products as they're intended.

nite rider

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Medford, MA
Yeah we are lacking the snowfall here in the northeast this year. Last year at this time we had almost 5' on the ground and loads more in the mts. It hit 60 yesterday in NH so me and my friends decided to hit the trails (dirt)! We took a bunch of pics and video clips so I posted it up on my site. New England riding is a bit different than out west. Check out the pics here.

As far as the MET-Rx and EAS mixes go, I agree with you. They both taste great however they are really thick. EAS has a bit more sugar in theirs though. However I've discovered over the years that whey protein is what you want after a hard workout because your muscles absorb and utilize whey much faster then a soy, milk, or other types of proteins out there. There are a lot of nasty ones out there but my friend turned me on to Ultimate Prostar Whey from Ultimate Nutrition. I was buying 5lb tubs of it through TSN for only $25.00 which lasts you almost 2 months. I swear by the stuff now cause the taste is so much better than MET-Rx or EAS. Now that I am sponsored by them, they are giving everyone I refer to them an additional 5% off. So you could pick it up for $20.

Let me know what you think of the pics :-)