Quantcast

Supply Chains

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
funny not funny said:
These delays sometimes are out of our control, as in this case where we have experienced a slow down in the expected shipping time due to port congestion at either end of the journey, not helped by recent issues in the Suez Canal.

We understand that delays can be frustrating and are working tirelessly to ensure these are kept to a minimum.

Your wheels are now due to arrive May Week 1.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Fool
I decided I did want to grab something new for this summer and thought the frame I wanted was going to be in stock yesterday. However each day the store bumps the ETA up by a day (now the 11th) and other stores have it listed for end of October...

Guess I'll be on the old Turner for another year.

JB just picked up a sweet new Tallboy yesterday.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
@Fool
I decided I did want to grab something new for this summer and thought the frame I wanted was going to be in stock yesterday. However each day the store bumps the ETA up by a day (now the 11th) and other stores have it listed for end of October...

Guess I'll be on the old Turner for another year.

JB just picked up a sweet new Tallboy yesterday.
Did he? Good for him, I was looking at those but they were pretty unavailable 'round these parts. I expect things will be weird for a while, so put your order in now since you'll be waiting either way!

I'm getting even more stymied by small parts, like shock hardware!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Port of Seattle is usually a pretty sleepy place. May see a single container ship docked about half the time. Drove by yesterday and the place was hopping. 4 docked ships and two anchored and waiting.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
My shits are probably parked outside of Grimsby, otherwise I might ask you to swim out and rummage around a little.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
So the wife works with an ex-military guy....Conspiracy Theory - Someone hacked into the ship's nav and drove them into the bank. Has happened before, apparently with a different vessel. Def need a meme

A ship that big and wind taking it into the bank? I guess I'd buy that logic too...
As a sailor and kite surfer I have some idea of the amount of force a wind storm can exert on the side of that stacked up container ship. I've also been around big ships enough to have some idea of what they can and can't do with their bow thrusters. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened before and predict it happening again if climate change causes more frequent gales in the area.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As a sailor and kite surfer I have some idea of the amount of force a wind storm can exert on the side of that stacked up container ship. I've also been around big ships enough to have some idea of what they can and can't do with their bow thrusters. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened before and predict it happening again if climate change causes more frequent gales in the area.

Shit, it is terrifying trying to help my friend dock his 32' cabin cruiser on a windy day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I decided I did want to grab something new for this summer and thought the frame I wanted was going to be in stock yesterday.
Watcha getting? One of the reasons I may jump on my frame warranty sort-of-replacement is that I cannot get another bike anytime soon even if I wanted to spend the $.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watcha getting? One of the reasons I may jump on my frame warranty sort-of-replacement is that I cannot get another bike anytime soon even if I wanted to spend the $.
Heavily tempted by an Evil Offering as the new Smashed Egg still isn't available. Different rear wheel hubs, so can't even start lining up parts.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Offering pedals like shit compared to a Smash. Just give GG a little bit longer, update to the Smash is imminent.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Got offered a crash replacement deal on my Bell helmet because the ratchet mechanism failed. No stock available till June though. Yay.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Got offered a crash replacement deal on my Bell helmet because the ratchet mechanism failed. No stock available till June though. Yay.
Getting off topic here, but my Bell roadie helmet did the same thing. I yanked the thing apart twice to shove the zippy-squeezey part back into the ratcheter mechanism. I'm outraged for both of us.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Getting off topic here, but my Bell roadie helmet did the same thing. I yanked the thing apart twice to shove the zippy-squeezey part back into the ratcheter mechanism. I'm outraged for both of us.
The little toothed plastic strap on mine snapped on one side. I've used super glue to stick it into the ratchet mechanism for now. The "crash replacement" price isn't *that* much cheaper than just buying one online so I'm trying to find someone with stock now. Tempted to get either the TLD Stage or Smith Mainline instead now though.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
See the positives in this. At least all the noobs are not riding w/o helmet.
BTW: you have just one helmet??? :eek:

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Offering pedals like shit compared to a Smash. Just give GG a little bit longer, update to the Smash is imminent.
Odd, I had the last metal version before the new plastic Smash and sold it for an Offering after riding an Offering. Don't agree with this comment.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
See the positives in this. At least all the noobs are not riding w/o helmet.
BTW: you have just one helmet??? :eek:
I have like 4 haha. One openface, one DH, old one with my lights mounted for night rides and the Bell Super DH which i was using for enderpo cos it has the removable chinguard.

Actually there's like 4 old DH helmets still in the garage as mementos but I wouldn't trust any of them. The Bell is the newest of the lot weirdly, kinda annoying.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I have like 4 haha. One openface, one DH, old one with my lights mounted for night rides and the Bell Super DH which i was using for enderpo cos it has the removable chinguard.

Actually there's like 4 old DH helmets still in the garage as mementos but I wouldn't trust any of them. The Bell is the newest of the lot weirdly, kinda annoying.
Good, so you are not grounded waiting for the new helmet. :thumb: