Quantcast

Supporting the trails we ride

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In Washington we have Evergreen showing the state how it's done. I have been a member in the past, need to re-up my dues.

Locally though Evergreen isn't around. We started our own organization, called Single Track Alliance of Yakima. Www.singletrackalliance.org

We be building trails as fast as we can.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I used to buy a membership for any of the trail networks I'd ride. A couple summers ago I had memeberships for all the local trail networks around here... (maybe 5 of them?) I am now faced with larger priorities....

I am still a member of the nsmba, so pay my dues. I am waaaaaay overdue for a trail day, but I donate $ instead.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i do the smaller rogue group here (bikepasa - piedmont area singletrack alliance). pasa is to the larger local club as ridemonkey is to mtbr.

i think we may still have a vague tie to imba but we ended our relationship with sorba a while back.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dyke trail sounds interesting, just added to my ride list for the week we're planning in CB later this summer, thanks!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I was told by another rider staying in the same camp ground that the Dyke trail was a short easy ride that could be done before breakfast. So that morning, off we went, without eating, packing no snacks and little water. The ride started at 10,000 ft and went up from there. We got lost several times and got way off track. Found some water at a scout camp, but no food. Finally made it back to the camp ground with the help of some cool local girls in a truck full of river rocks at dinner time.

I was so beat down, dehydrated, starved, and near crazy that I ate anything I had left in the van; four day old bagel, uncooked ramen noodles, and tons of water. Then I packed up all my shit and drove into Crested Butte, ate a pizza, than checked into a hotel. I was done with car camping. Well, for that day anyway.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yuppers. I walked most of the $hit up there, myself. Course I was solo. Ah, who am I kidding - I'd walk most of that $hit even if I wasn't solo. :busted:
:stupid:

I destroyed a front wheel there. Pretty sure my old, crippled, ass is unlikely to ever ride that trail again. There are several real high penalty for failure sections there. It's very much unlike anything else at BC.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:stupid:

I destroyed a front wheel there. Pretty sure my old, crippled, ass is unlikely to ever ride that trail again. There are several real high penalty for failure sections there. It's very much unlike anything else at BC.
And it seems like every steep roller ends with a flat, sharp right/left turn that is full of Buff Crik kitty litter. Which always gets me twitchy. That kitty litter makes me TWITCHY, I tell ya.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I support my local club financially, but have only done 1-2 work days when I first moved here. I used to be very involved with advocacy make before I got busier but that is a sorry ass excuse.

Blackjack?

I still need to hit that trail, fairly sure my wife wouldn't appreciate riding it yet though.
10150327842862516.jpg

10150328175727516.jpg

(steeper than it looks ^^^)

There are some big moves in there, and none of it really flows very well (as SS stated, steep roller to 90* turn) but I like to ride it every once in a while. I still haven't ridden the entrance :rolleyes:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm part of our local group, Single-Track Advocates (STA). We were out last night working on the trails, fixing the ruts and wet spots. Sometimes we get our trail-work-parties catered, but mostly it's a good way to give back.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
When I lived in western NY, I was a paying member of WNYMBA and helped out at many trail work days.

Now I volunteer with Trail Pittsburgh as a Trail Steward for my local park, and contribute with sweat equity. Myself and a few other core volunteers can get a bit obsessed sometimes, especially with making re-routes and new trail sections better than what they are replacing. So far this year we have put in 240 hours; I've done around 70 myself.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I liked the Facebook page of our local trail organization (GROC) if that counts for anything.

I do appreciate SOME of the trail work they do (not the dumbing down of trails) but I'm not one for the organized group rides thing. My friends and I like to ride wherever/whenever we want without strings attached.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I liked the Facebook page of our local trail organization (GROC) if that counts for anything.

I do appreciate SOME of the trail work they do (not the dumbing down of trails) but I'm not one for the organized group rides thing. My friends and I like to ride wherever/whenever we want without strings attached.
im with you on the dumbing down of our trails I wont help to remove a good trail and replace with a sidewalk type climb with pavers

BUT dryer rd has a huge vine problem lots of tall hardwoods that the canopy is overwhelmed with vines ive been cutting them on a regular basis that will be way more beneficial to the park than dirt sidewalks