Quantcast

>>Supposedly wet Friderp<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
forecasted heavy rain and wind Thursday through Monday. so far nada, more media hysteria

if it holds off until noon when my shift ends I will be quite happy. in other news...hell who the Fvck cares, everyone will be drinking beer soon enough:dance:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Waiting on the rain here...last storm of the century was a no show, I am hoping for a serious gully washer this time. That translates to Tahoe snow...

The promise of that plus a going away party at a local brauhaus for a boss no one likes makes for a pretty decent weekend outlook...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Dude, so much freaking water right now. The drive in was both sketch and exciting. Lots of standing water on the roads and my tires are rated "extreme dry performance" :panic:

It's Friday, bitches. Lets kick this day in the nuts.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Cannon Beach until tomorrow. Ridiculously wet and windy. My wife was afraid that Mariko would blow away when we were (very briefly) on the beach.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yesterday was the first day that I felt good in over 3 weeks, fucking flu. Today is meh, cold and grey outside, finding it impossible to give even the smallest fuck in regards to work. I have been pushing to get a project and the first one they serve up is in the middle of nowhere southeastern Washington. Fixed 40 hour weeks, 1 to 4 months. Translated: no OT, rot away your summer in a remote farm town with little to no reward.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Waiting on the rain here...last storm of the century was a no show, I am hoping for a serious gully washer this time. That translates to Tahoe snow.....

As I look out my windows, yes, there are some clouds over the mountains towards Tahoe, and I work today. Granted, it's a windy m-f-er here in the valley, so it's a good thing I cleaned out older daughter's bedroom (man, the trash she's left here) and moved the trainers in to it. I'm going to get a wimpy 40min training session in before work, and relish in the glory of her crap being out in the garage....... until I donate or toss it all so I can park inside again.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Holy fucking shit. just spent way too long prepping these ghetto-ass, antiquated files for video. Thank god im done with that. Now I can animate this shit & get on with my life.

Going skiing tomorrow as I do pretty much every Saturday this time of year. Hopefully the snow has held up. Been warm up there. La says she pretty much wants to go to SLC & no where else. Im fine with that. Hopefully they get some decent weather in the next few weeks. Not sure where to go though. She likes Canyons but I kinda want to go to Alta. May do both.

@mantispf2000 Heard Kirkwood has over 2 feet already!!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yesterday was the first day that I felt good in over 3 weeks, fucking flu. Today is meh, cold and grey outside, finding it impossible to give even the smallest fuck in regards to work. I have been pushing to get a project and the first one they serve up is in the middle of nowhere southeastern Washington. Fixed 40 hour weeks, 1 to 4 months. Translated: no OT, rot away your summer in a remote farm town with little to no reward.
You have to view these things as opportunities.

Really, really shitty opportunities.

:disgust1:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You could ride with @boostindoubles

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You have to view these things as opportunities.

Really, really shitty opportunities.

:disgust1:

I told my boss that my resume did not reflect the skills that the customer was looking for and probably was not the best idea to present it. Bullet dodged, I may not have a job in a few months but that is better than working in a "tank farm" (not the cool tracked vehicles).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I told my boss that my resume did not reflect the skills that the customer was looking for and probably was not the best idea to present it. Bullet dodged, I may not have a job in a few months but that is better than working in a "tank farm" (not the cool tracked vehicles).
If you get a job designing tanks let me know. I have some excellent ideas for design improvements.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
That was one heavy wind/dust storm yesterday. We're lucky only a couple fence boards blew off, and one section of fence that'll be easy to jerry-rig repair if the neighbor's contact doesn't come through in time when I leave for work.

Feel sorry for many others that had large chunks of roof, fences, or trees blown off/over. It's going to be a busy weekend cleaning up.

And yet, no snow at Heavenly, regardless of what TN said.....