Quantcast

Supprot The State Forests

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
i agree...

we have bought some topo maps from dnr of the area we are building...i also bought a map of local fireroads in that area....not only were they happy to help me over the phone with what i wanted, but they were really interested in why i wanted them...not "we are going to kill your ideas" type of interested..but genuinely interested and pleased that someone was enjoying nature...

seand said:
i agree...

we have bought some topo maps from dnr of the area we are building...i also bought a map of local fireroads in that area....not only were they happy to help me over the phone with what i wanted, but they were really interested in why i wanted them...not "we are going to kill your ideas" type of interested..but genuinely interested and pleased that someone was enjoying nature...
Soooo, you told them you were mapping out areas to build trails and stunts???

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
sure did...i said "we plan to cut down live trees, block rivers, and uproot all the forest floor to suit ourselves...what do you think?"

:rolleyes:

its actually quite amazing that someone can hold a coversation with forest services about biking and NOT jump right into stunts and forest damage; imagine that? :P

the conversation went something along the lines of...

we are looking for topo maps of rattlesnake and any fireroad/property maps you can provide for scouting an area for a possible trail....

oh yeah? so you plan to hike all over the mountain looking for the right fall line?

something like that. we feel there needs to be more progressive and sustainable trails out there to prove its possible.

sounds great! here is what you need....

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
thats why they were so friendly?

i better go protect my crop!

...no wait...ratpac is the place for that :)