SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Seems like if you make it onto the Supreme Court you'd have a strong understanding of what constitutes a conflict of interest.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think it was a Senator from Mass who's introduced legislation to increase the court to 13 seats to match the number of federal court districts or something. I caught part of it on the news last night.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you do not get into public service at this level to serve the public....

you do it to get rich.

i belive diane feinstein has sold 70 million dollars worth of second and third homes over the last couple of years....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Feinstein needs to fucking go, but her husband was phenomenally wealthy on his own. At his death he had 50 Million just in Real Estate holdings, and he was the principal of a highly successful financial entity. I don’t know the she has ever really been accused of financial chicanery, and lord knows she has enemies that have been looking forever.
But yeah, time to 86 her.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
'Merica.

Also, the case was made up.

I am going to sue Santa Claus for illegal trespass and entry

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Sotomayor’s staff has often prodded public institutions that have hosted the justice to buy her memoir or children’s books, works that have earned her at least $3.7 million since she joined the court in 2009. Details of those events, largely out of public view, were obtained by The Associated Press through more than 100 open records requests to public institutions. The resulting tens of thousands of pages of documents offer a rare look at Sotomayor and her fellow justices beyond their official duties.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, and we are just now looking into all this. Wow.

Several lawyers who have had business before the supreme court, including one who successfully argued to end race-conscious admissions at universities, paid money to a top aide to Justice Clarence Thomas, according to the aide’s Venmo transactions. The payments appear to have been made in connection to Thomas’s 2019 Christmas party.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is anybody really surprised?

The new report is the broadest look yet at how Thomas’ social circle has funded – with limited disclosure to the public – a regular stream of extravagant excursions and events since he became a Supreme Court justice. These costly trips and travel perks often went unreported on the justice’s financial disclosure forms, ProPublica said in its investigation

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Every year I have to go through hours of training telling me not to do unethical things I have no power to do because some executive did just that.
I went to one once, what a waste of time, like I was ever going to get offered anything from anyone.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have full confidence this will be handled appropriately, and in a manner that prevents this sort of thing in the future.

Roberts is such a princess. He really does get bugged by thinking the court is unpopular.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have full confidence this will be handled appropriately, and in a manner that prevents this sort of thing in the future.

Roberts is such a princess. He really does get bugged by thinking the court is unpopular.
No longer required to report trips and gifts. Problem solved.