Quantcast

Supreme Court tells Chicago to suck it!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
If we are to start reading and interpreting the Constitution literally and not recognize and account for the time period it was written in, then we might as well assume there was a magic snake that handed a naked chick an apple and started this whole mess, according to the literal interpretation of that document and the consideration of the time it was written in
well then, if that's the application, then all we have to do is find what's convenient to support our pet causes, and where inconvenient, dismiss the document out of "consideration of the time it was written in". (cf 2 timothy 4:3-4)

oh, and eve picked the fruit herself. a talking snake doesn't have hands. that would be weird.

2gungho

Monkey
Sep 15, 2009
South I.E
A bun on guns in Chicago in any major city is a joke. In every major city there are cells of domestic terrorists, and yes they are terrorists because they terrorize the public.

These thugs laugh at the criminal justice system. When they enter prison it is like a re union with thier associates already incarcerated. Until going to prison is not a right of passage there will be gang violence. If they don't have a gun they have a shank.

The FBI and NSA have looked at having drones over major cities that will pinpoint the orgin of gunfire.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Uh, what about New York City?

After Virginia changed its gun sales law in 1993 to allow only one handgun purchase per month (except for CCW permit holders), the murder rate in New York began to decline.

I saw this from in the Times, Mayor Bloomberg's adviser about illegal gun use:
Like I mentioned before, local gun laws do not work as it is so easy to just purchase a gun somewhere where the laws are lax. I like NY state's gun laws. You need a permit to own a handgun, every legal handgun is linked to a permit. Permits aren't easy to get but any law abiding citizen can get one.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Revolvers?
damn...good point.

but then again, what exactly is a UAV going to do?

Clerk at 7-11 to 911 operator: i think i just heard a gunshot outside in the parking lot

UAV to 911 call center: CONFIRMED GUNSHOT IN 7-11 PARKING LOT

is it going to track who shot it? solve an attempted murder? seems a bit unnecessary to me.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
as an non-american i have a question: i read in this article in a german newspaper, that there are 13.000 people per year shot in the US.
is that true??? that would be roughly two times the number of allied casualties in the iraqi and afghan WAR together from 2001 to 2010....

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
well then, if that's the application, then all we have to do is find what's convenient to support our pet causes, and where inconvenient, dismiss the document out of "consideration of the time it was written in". (cf 2 timothy 4:3-4)

oh, and eve picked the fruit herself. a talking snake doesn't have hands. that would be weird.
Nit picker!!!

So, I assume you believe that there was no intent on the Constitution being a living document?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
as an non-american i have a question: i read in this article in a german newspaper, that there are 13.000 people per year shot in the US.
is that true??? that would be roughly two times the number of allied casualties in the iraqi and afghan WAR together from 2001 to 2010....
yeah, but they're mostly bourgeois. if they didn't get shot here they make the 2nd cut for iraq & afghanistan. and if they make it through *that*, they come back here & shoot people, sometimes themselves.
just think how there would be if they didn't have guns to defend themselves.....
*finally*, a voice of reason
So, I assume you believe that there was no intent on the Constitution being a living document?
when i went to the nat'l archives, i didn't see an asterisk anywhere on the document. maybe nicholas cage didn't put the original one back?

Monkey

if the Germans really cared they can take some of the urban dwellers off our hands here and everyone's happy. And they can take back some of the awesome Germanic people they couldn't feed back in the day as well.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
yeah, but they're mostly bourgeois. if they didn't get shot here they make the 2nd cut for iraq & afghanistan. and if they make it through *that*, they come back here & shoot people, sometimes themselves.
Wait a sec. So you think gun violence isn't bad because if they didn't get shot in the hood they were going to die on the battle field anyway? And people accuse me of having no faith in humanity. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
If we are to start reading and interpreting the Constitution literally and not recognize and account for the time period it was written in, then we might as well assume there was a magic snake that handed a naked chick an apple and started this whole mess, according to the literal interpretation of that document and the consideration of the time it was written in.

Just wondering..
How dare you bring the consideration of context into the discussion.....:rolleyes:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
when i went to the nat'l archives, i didn't see an asterisk anywhere on the document. maybe nicholas cage didn't put the original one back?
The stated goal of the Convention — the revision of the Articles of Confederation — was quickly discarded and attention given to more sweeping changes. Discussion turned instead to two competing concepts of how a new government should be formed, the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan.

Although the New Jersey Plan was quickly voted down, the debate raged through the spring and into the summer of 1787. Two issues appeared to be the sticking points:

Representation—should the number of legislators be equal for all states or should the larger states have more representatives?

Slavery—should the number of slaves in a state be used to compute its representation?
So, still want to stick with your assertion that it is a document intended to be interpreted strictly in the context at the time of writing?

Wait, yeah, knowing you, yeah you would.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
seeing how my view of the constitution is that it's timeless, interpretation shouldn't be first influenced by the latest social mores; that's my point

the concept of a living document [to me] means it could be interpreted to the point of abuse. in fact, it should be expected, esp when it's so easy to dismiss it due any "time contextual inconveniences"

maybe we're talking past each other here, but it seems to me you logic would permit you to give equal footing on 2 mutually exclusive & dualing opinions - one favoring the constitution, and one favoring the advancement of the latest political agenda

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
seeing how my view of the constitution is that it's timeless, interpretation shouldn't be first influenced by the latest social mores; that's my point
Well, in that case, we're safe from Palin or Clinton (vagina version) running on the 2012 ticket..
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice-President chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if you believe for a second i don't regard amendments as part of the constitution, you'd have to believe i don't understand what 'amendment' means.

which you are free to do.
it's your right, but not a constitutionally protected one

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

the concept of a living document [to me] means it could be interpreted to the point of abuse. in fact, it should be expected, esp when it's so easy to dismiss it due any "time contextual inconveniences"

maybe we're talking past each other here, but it seems to me you logic would permit you to give equal footing on 2 mutually exclusive & dualing opinions - one favoring the constitution, and one favoring the advancement of the latest political agenda
No, I'm simply saying that the Constitution has to be interpreted based on current realities. And I think the framers knew this too. They spoke in their corespondences about the effect on perpetuality, future of mankind, etc. They knew that if this were to be a timeless document, that future generations of the 3 branches would have to use it as a tool to guide and develop the nation.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
if you believe for a second i don't regard amendments as part of the constitution, you'd have to believe i don't understand what 'amendment' means.
So, we agree that it is a document subject to change, evolution and interpretation. We were talking past each other..

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
and daley says "hey...you can still go fvck yourself".

you need to keep your sh*t indoors.
eff that bastard..i'm looking forward to the ultimate irony in headlines when he takes one to the face from an "illegal" gun that sneaks through his smokescreen of "safety" during a home invasion.

on a good note:

can i get a hell yeah!!!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7087082.html

Harris County deputy's son shoots one of two intruders
The teenage son of a Harris County deputy constable opened fire with his father's automatic rifle Tuesday after burglars forced their way into the family's home, authorities said.

The boy, 15, and his sister, 12, were alone about 2:30 p.m. when they heard glass breaking downstairs at the home in the 2600 block of Royal Place Court in northwest Harris County.
"He was concerned with protecting his younger sister — that's exactly what he did,“ Stauber said.

The suspect who was shot -- identified as Kinzy Evans, 17, -- was struck several times by gunfire. Police said his accomplice was a 16-year-old who they would not identify because he is a juvenile.
15 year old teen..cops kid, no less, obviously trained in firearm use/safety. i love stories like this because it solidifies my belief in teaching my kids about guns/safety/self-defense.

:thumb: :thumb:

(couple years ago...)

:D

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
on a good note:

can i get a hell yeah!!!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7087082.html

Harris County deputy's son shoots one of two intruders

15 year old teen..cops kid, no less, obviously trained in firearm use/safety. i love stories like this because it solidifies my belief in teaching my kids about guns/safety/self-defense.

:thumb: :thumb:

Awesome story! That's exactly why I taught my daughter to shoot. It's a skill that I hope she never needs to employ, but at least she can if need be. :thumb:
**** Daley, the ignorant SOB..
With all of the emoticons on this site, why no USA flag? You guys commies or sumpin?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i just threw up

if that happened to me, i'd probably eat the gun tonight

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Way to totally miss the point. Since I'm too lazy to get out the crayolas and sketch it out for you, I'll just bluntly say it:

Taking an anecdotal story about guns with the outcome you like and dismissing bad outcomes as accidents is full retard.

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
Sheep, wolf, sheepdog. Pick one.

Sheep dont like sheepdogs...they look just like wolves and have sharp teeth but the sheep are simply too stupid to know the difference.

Sheepdogs walk among the sheep and occasionaly encounter wolves and send them packing, but are not accepted by the sheep because they are scary looking and look like wolves.

Wolves eat sheep.

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
Taking an anecdotal story about guns with the outcome you like and dismissing bad outcomes as accidents is full retard.
Taking an anecdotal story about guns and the negative outcome you like and dismissing good outcomes as meaningless is full retard.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Sheep, wolf, sheepdog. Pick one.

Sheep dont like sheepdogs...they look just like wolves and have sharp teeth but the sheep are simply too stupid to know the difference.

Sheepdogs walk among the sheep and occasionaly encounter wolves and send them packing, but are not accepted by the sheep because they are scary looking and look like wolves.

Wolves eat sheep.
If wolves represent gays, are the sheepdogs supposed to represent trannys? And what's with f*cking all the sheep? What is this, New Zealand?

F*cking gross dude.

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
Which I wasn't doing. I was critiquing manimal's debating tactics. Thanks for showing up.
Sorry, I didnt realize you were still too busy claiming that the intent of the 2nd amendment now doesnt realistically apply to defending against the government. Unfortunately, history itself provides us with two hard facts regarding this:
1. If our forefathers shared your attitude, they'd have agreed with you and never dared to fight back against a larger, more regulated and armed British government.
2. Since they were not pussies, fought back, and won...one of the first things they did was write an amendement to a document that would ensure the right to do exactly what they had just done "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

What you forget is that the government you claim citizens can simply not defend itself against has one force to strongarm the citizens with and that is their army. The army is composed of those same citizens that we are talking about and they take an oath to defend the consitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. This includes the government itself.

So while personal protection is the most commonly used part of this basic right, the ability to defend against the government was, is and will continue to be the cornerstone of what the 2A is about. Without it , everything else in that document is just a lick and a promise. Do you really want to be like the poor folks in the UK, completely pussified and made into victims-waiting-to-happen by their government?

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Sorry, I didnt realize you were still too busy claiming that the intent of the 2nd amendment now doesnt realistically apply to defending against the government. Unfortunately, history itself provides us with two hard facts regarding this:
1. If our forefathers shared your attitude, they'd have agreed with you and never dared to fight back against a larger, more regulated and armed British government.
2. Since they were not pussies, fought back, and won...one of the first things they did was write an amendement to a document that would ensure the right to do exactly what they had just done "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

What you forget is that the government you claim citizens can simply not defend itself against has one force to strongarm the citizens with and that is their army. The army is composed of those same citizens that we are talking about and they take an oath to defend the consitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. This includes the government itself.

So while personal protection is the most commonly used part of this basic right, the ability to defend against the government was, is and will continue to be the cornerstone of what the 2A is about. Without it , everything else in that document is just a lick and a promise. Do you really want to be like the poor folks in the UK, completely pussified and made into victims-waiting-to-happen by their government?
Well said.
The bleeding heart liberals would like to see only criminals & tyrants having guns. We would be truly screwed if that were the case.