Quantcast

Surly chuckle

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So I got a Surly Singulator for the Planet X, and believe it or not I actually had to read the instructions to install it :eek:

So one of the steps was to use an 18mm cone wrench to tension the spring while tightening the bolt.

Then the next step was to stop whining about having to go buy an 18mm cone wrench :D

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Be careful with those tension springs, they're a little fragile... For some reason, I really think Surly stuff is cool. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to cross paths with some Monkeys at Ray's before the end of Ray's season (i.e. the weather gets nice).

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Enginerd A2 said:
Be careful with those tension springs, they're a little fragile... For some reason, I really think Surly stuff is cool. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to cross paths with some Monkeys at Ray's before the end of Ray's season (i.e. the weather gets nice).
Yeah I use their SS disc hub. Costs about 1/4 of a King and works just fine :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Enginerd A2 said:
dude you need a new avatar. What is that Acad 14?

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
stosh said:
dude you need a new avatar. What is that Acad 14?
Yeah, I have a "borrowed" copy of ACAD 14 on my outdated Thinkpad, thus the avatar. Works fine for hashing out ideas here at home, but I'm definitely in need of an upgrade of both the computer and CAD software. My priorities lie elsewhere, however....

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Echo said:
Yeah I use their SS disc hub. Costs about 1/4 of a King and works just fine :thumb:
I like buying parts that are simple, strong, and "non-proprietary" like Surly stuff. You know they're going to work, but you know you won't have any trouble fixing them when they don't. Plus, there's no hesitation to thrash them, 'cause they were cheap.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Enginerd A2 said:
Yeah, I have a "borrowed" copy of ACAD 14 on my outdated Thinkpad, thus the avatar. Works fine for hashing out ideas here at home, but I'm definitely in need of an upgrade of both the computer and CAD software. My priorities lie elsewhere, however....
ha I too have a copy of 14 at home as well but I use 2004 that I get to take home from my office.