Quantcast

survival of the fittest?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know of any car that can't be unlocked from the inside unless it's a child door lock type situation. WTF.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fresno is consistently one of the worst cities in the US for car theft. I find it amazing that there was no one around who didn't know how to break a window. How sad. :(

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I don't know of any car that can't be unlocked from the inside unless it's a child door lock type situation. WTF.
Apparently this BMW had a system that, when the FOB button was pushed multiple times requires the key to unlock the doors (via fob or switch). Supposed to prevent smash window/open door from inside type entry.

I don't know why she just didn't lay on the horn though.
Somebody would've come to help her, you'd think.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Apparently this BMW had a system that, when the FOB button was pushed multiple times requires the key to unlock the doors (via fob or switch). Supposed to prevent smash window/open door from inside type entry.

Reading is fundamental

But things quickly changed when Foss made a disturbing discovery about the car's locking system. He said investigators found the doors will sometimes lock on both the inside and outside when the key is used, disabling the horn and making it almost impossible to escape.
Car windows are strong. If there were no hard/sharp objects in the car I doubt a young girl could break a window.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i used to be a car locksmith to supplement my income when i was defending freedom on the tip of the spear in greater el paso county. one time, went to ft carson to let some lady in her car, where her keys were neatly tucked away. could not defeat the hydraulic lock system, so resorted to using a heavy metal pipe. after multiple swings of increasing velocity (the last of which you'd expect to be followed by "bye, felicia"), all i managed to do was put a small chip in the window.

must be made of hiroshima-grade glass

e: it was a bmw, also

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This chick wasn't even blonde, let alone white, so why are we even discussing this?

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at

The article states that this can disable the horn.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
When I was working the road we used to take lock out calls occasionally. First thing you always asked..."Did you check all the other doors?" Had a Colonels wife get all pissy with me one day after I asked..."Do you know who I am? I am highly educated and have a very high opinion of myself...blahblahblah"

I walked around the car, tried the passenger door handle and whaddayaknow! Opened right up...

This of course was before auto locks and the like.