Quantcast

Survived another one

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Another layoff at the big X today, and I'm still here. One dude I talk to a lot who's an avid road rider got the axe though. Bummer for him :(

J

JRB

I hate to hear that. Not that you didn't get it, but that anyone did. Maybe you should go work for Konica. :think:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
thats what he gets for being a roadie.....................seriously though kinda makes ya think "better him than me"

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
That is horrible for morale. When I was in public accounting we went through a round of layoffs every quarter. There is was like winning the lottery though. WOOHOO, please let it be me!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Glad you made the cut.

I'm expecting to see some layoffs here soon. Parking lot has gotten full again. In the past I always felt layoff proof, but I started in a new position in January and haven't been given one thing to do since. I just been doing my best to help out the co-workers to find things to do.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Congrats. I didn't know X was planning more layoffs. I just talked to a Kodak guy this weekend that said they are having another round in a couple weeks.

J

JRB

Echo said:
As far as I know Konica doesn't have the majority of its engineering and manufacturing in Rochester.
I only know 3 copier companies, so I felt obligated to chime in with Konica. I am really just trying to interject a little humor into what has to be a bad day. You could always move to Austin to work, though. :thumb:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Dang, glad you didn't get hosed. Those places are dropping people left and right, soon Kodak is going to have like 8 employees 3 of which are chimpanzees.

J

JRB

GumbaFish said:
Dang, glad you didn't get hosed. Those places are dropping people left and right, soon Kodak is going to have like 8 employees 3 of which are chimpanzees.
As long as Xerox keeps monkeys, echo is ok.