Quantcast

Survivorman

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah, its on Discovery. I was just watching the desert one. He cut the stinger off a scorpian, then ate it. He also pulled heads off grasshoppers and cooked them over the fire. "when your hungry...."

Yeah, damn good show. Real world stuff you can use if you actually find yourself in a very "bad" situation. I particularly liked last weeks when he was stuck in the woods. Clever, simple things to make/maintain fire and keep youself warm. I'd like to see more things on sustenance though. I get damn hungry after riding!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
surfinguru said:
Yeah, damn good show. Real world stuff you can use if you actually find yourself in a very "bad" situation. I particularly liked last weeks when he was stuck in the woods. Clever, simple things to make/maintain fire and keep youself warm. I'd like to see more things on sustenance though. I get damn hungry after riding!
I would like to see a little more substance too. That one in the woods was good. I have only seen that and the desert one.

It was a really cool idea when he built a fire on the rock in the ground, then pushed the fire back and slept on it.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
There was one where he was "mountain biking" and his bike crapped out. He used one of the tubes to carry water. I'm sure there was something else he used the bike for but I forget. I like the show also, but I think I've seen all the episodes.