Quantcast

Suspect Online merchant??

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
My friend found a website for a online merchant that is selling Plasma TV, Laptops, and Cellular phones. The website gives an address here in Chicago about 3 blocks from my office, in the state of Illinois building. The phone number listed is a fax number. In a email correspondence he gave another address in Chicago on the same street at the State of Illinois building. There is no listing for the business in the yellow pages and the phone number comes back as unlisted. We have contacted the business owner about using escrow.com for payment and he seems to be agreeable to that.

www.gmegawholesale.com

What do you guys think? Even with using escrow.com?

J

JRB

If you have to ask if they are crooked, you shouldn't deal with them. If you even asked yourself, you shouldn't deal with them. Naive people are what these folks thrive on. Ask yourself if saving $200 on this tv is worth the $1,000 you lose if they screw you.

*Actual numbers were not used in this scenario.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Well Motorola V3's for $220 is a great deal since retial is $599 and they are going on ebay for over $500.

And My friend is looking at buying a TV that is about $500 less than the lowest price he has found.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Echo said:
Why don't you just walk over and pay cash.

I doubt security will let me up onto the floors to see if there is anything there. I am going to walk over there today and look at the building directory.