Quantcast

Suspension bushings

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Anyone have a line on where to purchase shock mount and linkage bushings? I have an 04' Ironhorse SGS that is in need of, rear shock eye and E13 linkage to shock bushings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Bernie

gonefirefightin

free wieners
you need to measure the inside to inside on the mounts and subtract that from the shock eye width. divide those numbers by two and you have your bushing size. your bolt diameter is the other half of the bushing equation. most shops will have a decent selection of bushings, you just need to to mesaure and ask around

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I measured the ID and OD of the bushings and also the width. I also measured the outer sleeve on the mounting, to get what the inner diameter should be. The bushings look to be .05-.06mm out. I'll call around to see what I could find, thanks.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Universal Cycles lists a bunch. Just about every size for Manitou, or use Marzocchi hardware if you have a Fox. Speedgoat will also special order them for you for a very reasonable price.

Just measure the inside to inside of the link, and get a one piece stainless reducer instead of the flexy and prone to wear al two piece "tophat" style. Less flex means the shock bushings will last longer too.

As for diameter, reducers are most often m6 or m8 ID, and OD is 12mm or 12.7mm depending on shock brand.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Got the shock eye bushing pressed out and replaced. Now I just need to find the right size bushings for the E13 linkage.