Quantcast

Suspension center opening soon in San Diego

dezul43

Monkey
May 15, 2006
san diego
drake has been working on my bikes for over a year and has really helped me understand my suspension. the guys a guru.......

DRAKETHOMAS

Chimp
Feb 23, 2008
San Diego
I need to have it centrally located in the county and conveniant for everyone. What would be your ideas of a perfect shop? Keep in mind only suspension orientated. Some of my ideas are, true suspension service, suspension parts in stock, 3 day turn around max, pivot bearings in stock, hardware in stock, springs in stock, all oil in stock, demo products in stock, and every tool in the industry at my disposal

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Hmmmmmm, Im thinking in Sorrento Valley right next to Performance Bikes :busted:. Actually, your best bet would probably be somewhere in Poway like Cheetahprowler was saying.

DRAKETHOMAS

Chimp
Feb 23, 2008
San Diego
I was thinking Poway . But I also want to carry suspension bikes as well and do to dealer restrictions I would be limited because of Beyond. Not a problem I have worked in the San Diego area for 15yrs. and know alot of people so I am sure I could pull some strings. As far as showing up shops not a problem I currently do contract work on shocks for alot of area shops . Few can do what I do. It has taking me some time to aquire the tools and knowledge to do so. Like 10+ yrs. Now I am ready.You dont learn suspension over the weekend you live it everyday.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
++ for Kearny... Just carry quality stuff at a reasonable price and SD riders will flock to you. Let us know when you open. SD monkies will definately support!

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
So what kind of servicing are we talking?

Like bleed the cartridge in my dorado and revalve my DHX or what?

This would be so bad arse!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I was thinking Poway . But I also want to carry suspension bikes as well and do to dealer restrictions I would be limited because of Beyond. Not a problem I have worked in the San Diego area for 15yrs. and know alot of people so I am sure I could pull some strings. As far as showing up shops not a problem I currently do contract work on shocks for alot of area shops . Few can do what I do. It has taking me some time to aquire the tools and knowledge to do so. Like 10+ yrs. Now I am ready.You dont learn suspension over the weekend you live it everyday.
MMM Poway then your right by my boys at Bilstein! :D

DRAKETHOMAS

Chimp
Feb 23, 2008
San Diego
So what kind of servicing are we talking?

Like bleed the cartridge in my dorado and revalve my DHX or what?

This would be so bad arse!
Bring on the Dorado I have serviced at least 100+ of those and I still have at least 20+ bushing kits try finding those in stock. TPC+ is a very goos system and easy to tune. Service would be full service to factory as well as custom tuning to rider spec. Ever heard of the shock clock , if not check out Race Tech, gettin it dialed

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Awesome!

I just got the Dorado but by the time it needs service you will be open so I'll bring it by.

This is gonna be rad.

Oh and I vote poway or kearny mesa, whichever has less current shops that are dealers of bikes you'd like to carry.

Shop space is about comparable as far as rent is concerned I'd imagine. Poway might be a little cheaper, who knows.

The Shock Clock looks promising.

DRAKETHOMAS

Chimp
Feb 23, 2008
San Diego
I am gonna be shootin for April , the little things like insurance, liscenses etc. are taking way too long. "Patience little tiger there is enough meat in the woods for everbody" I knew it would be alot of work but this is chunk to swallow. Lots of little details.

DRAKETHOMAS

Chimp
Feb 23, 2008
San Diego
I dont know about the test track I say be close to a trail head (5 minutes or so ) and as far as moto, one thing at a time. Only time will tell , I do work for some buddys of mine and they like the work. I also do alot of car suspension tuning so I know quite a bit. But bikeshops are lacking the professionalism so here i am cape in all with a big fat S on my shirt. :twitch:

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
It looks as though Santee is looking like the place what do you guys think about that? I would love to here some input, anyone?
Klantee? Por que?
Do you really think you can maintain and support a store front for a suspension rebuilding/tuning only kinda deal? Seems like that would be a mail order/warehouse type business (like PUSH). Making a store front seems like a waste of money unless you're selling other product. Plus, klantee sucks... I'd go for a more central location if at all possible.

DRAKETHOMAS

Chimp
Feb 23, 2008
San Diego
Well for a few obvious reasons such as having a trail head out my door and the ability to do data aquisition out my front door vs. driving along way. We are gonna be serving up Race Tech shock clocks so having dirt 2min. away makes this alot easier, I dont do parking lot tests they are a joke.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Drake is doing side work before the shop opens.

He revalved my Dorado and it is absolutely amazing.

He rebuilt my buddy's DHX 5.0 and he says its better than when it was new.

His prices and turnaround are unbeatable to boot.

PM him and he'll take care of you.

glphoto

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
San Diego
Any updates on the Suspension center opening in San Diego.
Just a suggestion if you are still looking for a place, you might want to talk to Rick at ProBuiltWheels, he is thinking of expanding the shop.